“A fun-filled day at a well-run park”

LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
US$85.99*
and up
Legoland® Florida Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Elon, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun-filled day at a well-run park”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed busy from opening to closing here. We found a good discount from Pepsi, which made the visit even better. The LEGO theme is carried over to most everything you see, including the bright colors of the rides. The boat ride was a blast! Employees were friendly and helpful, it was clear that the park was well-managed. They preserved the Cypress Gardens 'garden' section, which was nice (especially for adults). An energetic and super-helpful young employee named Kendrick helped my son for about 10 minutes in the crowded LEGO store, until he found the right set to buy.
Best for younger children, there are no really intense coasters but that isn't what we expected. There was a LEGO themed water-ski show, which was fun and well done. Parking was $12 when we went, and lunch for two adults and 2 kids was$47. You had the option of having your roller coaster picture printed on LEGO blocks (which we bought). The LEGO displays of building (NYC, DC, Las Vegas, etc) was impressive. I am glad there is one of these parks on the East Coast now, as the only other one I knew of was in California. A must-see if you have a young LEGO fanatic in the family

Visited November 2011
Brandon T, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, responded to this review, 19 January 2016
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you had a great time at our resort. We are looking forward to seeing you again real soon at LEGOLAND Florida Resort

Best,

• Korean first
sonoma, california
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“This Theme Park has some real drawbacks”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was in Legoland yesterday with my two children, age 12 and 10. They are die-hard lego fans and we loved Legoland in San Diego, which we visited 3 years ago. We also loved Disney and Epcot, which we visited last week. Disney is really geared towards a magical, special experience that you simply cannot find anywhere else. They are also experts at crowd control and movement - something I can say that the planners of Legoland really could use a few lessons in. The wait to get in the parking lot alone is more than 30 minutes because they foolishly created only four entry booths for thousands of cars. Heck, some of the restaurants inside the park had only a single toilet. That is simply crazy planning. The rides simply could not compete after having been to Disney - they were very basic and had ridiculously long lines. Why? Well, in Disney, they have 3-4 roller coasters running on the same track, while at Legoland they have a single coaster running that can only hold 20 persons at time. You don't need to have lessons in park planning to know this is not how you design a major theme park. There was one coaster ride in which the seats were so narrow, I could not get in with my child - and I'm not a large person in any direction. I simply cannot recommend this park, even if your kids absolutely adore legos. For a bit of extra money, go to Disney. The experience is wonderful and without any of the problems that plague Legoland. We went to Disney in November and experienced waits no longer than 15-20 minutes for any ride.

4 Thank iconlady
Audrey P, Manager at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and hope that you will return to enjoy a day of family fun.
Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Overpriced and Underplanned!!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Disney has set the theme park bar very high. Despite a reputation for quality, the Lego folks don't even come close to Disney standards.

Ticket price for an adult was $100, but was worth....perhaps....$25 at most. Dining venues were scarce and we paid $80 for pizza and soft drinks for three kids and four adults (buffet service).

The rides were comparable to those found at traveling carnivals. Pedestrian traffic flow was terrible with several inexplicable choke points. Vehicular traffic into the parking lot was a nightmare!

Overall....there was a cheap look to the place. These people need to send their spies to Disney World to see how it's done properly.

The only attaction of any value whatsoever was the "Mini" Lego cities, including Washington, D.C.; NYC; San Fran; Miami; etc. These are clustered at a central and unavoidable location in the park and are very well done. Not to be missed.

Save your money now and visit in 5-10 years....if this place is even in business.

3 Thank JayJayLoudonTN
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your comments and will pass them along to the appropriate departments. Currently ticket prices are $75 for an adult and $65 for a child for access to mroe than 50 rides, shows and attractions at LEGOLAND Florida. Ticket information, as well as ride, restuarant and shopping information can all be found on our website for your planning convenience. We hope that you will return to the park to enjoy a day of family fun.
New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Well...it is new...”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Ok, so the park is new. It's close to a 45 minute drive away from Disney...worth it? You decide. We went to the park today with 4 children-2, 5, 8 and 10. It took over 35 minutes to get into the parking lot. If you pay an extra $5.00, they'll let you park close to the entrance of the park. 25 minutes to wait in the security line came next-(bear in mind, park opens @ 10) so now we're @ 11:30. Grabbed the kids to get on the test track, another 40 minutes. Fun ride, but kids complained only one drop. (they love thrill rides). 2 and 5 year old left in the BLAZING sun, with nothing to do while siblings enjoy their ride. Next stop, safari. Legoland promotes the property as appropriate for ages 2-12. I beg to differ. My 2 year old went on 1 ride the entire day. No family rides, I was always chasing her while her siblings waited for their rides. 36" typical minimum height, and I'm not sure if the metal height bar isn't off a bit. Very slow moving rides with no opportunity to allow a parent to ride with a child below that height restriction. Very disappointing on that line, as we left the Disney area to give our little one a chance to have some fun. (yes, there's a carousel and mini playgrounds-but that's it)
Lunch-another fiasco. Over an hour and a half with lines that didn't move. Yes, it's Thanksgiving week. No, they were not prepared, nor efficient. The food was tasty, with healthy options. A nice amusement park alternative.
On a positive note, the staff is lovely. Nice people that care about what they are doing. Unfortunately, that was not enough for my family. My son, a diehard Lego fan, was so disappointed, it broke my heart.
Pluses-Lego Cities are unbelievable! Incredible creations! We spent a lot of time checking out the different cities. Just amazing!
The pirate show was very cute.
My son would have loved to have gone into the imaginarium, where you build and create-we just ran out of time.
My kids enjoyed the 4 roller-coasters-none were too crazy.
Lines were too long to really get a feel for all the rides.
Would we return? Maybe-IF it were January and we were in the Disney area for an extended period. IMO, best for kids 4-8.
Go off season if possible, it couldn't be worse!

Visited November 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are continually striving to provide and excellent experience and we hope to welcome you back to the park again soon to enjoy a day of family fun at LEGOLAND Florida.
Indiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Just okay....needs a customer service overhaul”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My ten year old son has been looking forward to this trip to Legoland since he first heard about the construction of the park two years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to his, or my, expectations.

The Good.

The park is very clean and obviously most of it is new. The Lego characters are fantastic and Mini-Land is just unbelievable. The detail in that area is spectacular.

The Not-So-Good

Our negative reaction to the park started the moment we got to the parking lot to begin our forty-five minute wait in the line to pay for parking. Bear in mind that the park is open only from 10 to 5, so we spent nearly 1/7 of the available time to visit the park waiting in this line. (That might have been palatable if it was the only line we had to wait in that day). To make the parking matter even worse, there are 8 parking attendant stations available. Only seven were open, and traffic was backed up to the turn from the main road. Also, unlike most parks, they do not have the rows numbered so you can easily remember where you parked when you return. Instead they have flags on light poles ever 10 or 15 rows. Would not have taken much extra effort to number the rows with parking lot paint.

The ticket line was relatively quick and was the most organized aspect of the entire park. After the parking lot wait that was a good thing because you could tell a lot of us with small children were already aggravated.

It was no doubt a very busy day at the park. The lines were horrendous, that I expect. What I don't expect is to have every ride say 15 minute wait...which then turned into 45 minutes to an hour. They did nothing to update the signs in a timely manner. I can understand that once, but every single ride? Once again, bad customer service or just plain laziness on the part of the employees.

There are too few food/drink stands available. We waited twice for over thirty minutes just to get a drink (one again, on a day we only had seven hours to see the park). The people behind the counter seemed less than thrilled to be at work that day and it showed in their pace of work. I have been to a LOT of amusement parks and I have never waited in food lines this long.

Overall, it seemed that the whole design of the park was to sell Lego's, and I am sure it is. The park is terribly overpriced for what you get. It is a relatively small amusement park that is charging Disney size prices. It should have been forty dollars a ticket. Not 75. Maybe they figure that every kid wants to visit Legoland so their parents will bring them. Probably true. It is also probably true that they won't get very many return visitors with that strategy. I know they won't get us and my son has to be one of the world's biggest Lego fans.

Overall, this place needs to hire some Disney managers and overhaul their customer service strategy. Most of the employees there don't seem like they want to be there which leads me to believe it is a problem with their culture. This review probably won't dissuade folks with Lego fanatics from attending...but maybe you will be a little more prepared to be dissappointed than I was...

3 Thank NC98057
Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate your comments and will pass them along to the appropriate departments. We hope that you will return to the park to experience the changes that have been made and will enjoy the more than 50 rides, shows and attractions throughout the park.