“Disappointing, better to spend another day in Orlando”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
More Info
US$85.99*
and up
Legoland® Florida Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Legoland was very dissapointing. I would have expected more given the $70 price tag for one day passes. The roller coasters were sorely lacking in speed, even for a "runaway mouse" type ride. The restaurant choices were severely lacking as most locations only had 2 or 3 meal choices, with very few vegetarian options. Although we expected crowds in latter December, it seemed like the employees, although cheerful, did not know how to handle large numbers of people in the park.

5  Thank dhilburg
Kari S, Manager at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

Our resort is BUILT FOR KIDS and specifically children 2-12, although adults without children will enjoy it, it’s a children’s family theme park with pink knuckle roller coasters rather than white knuckle coaster that hit 50mph!

Have a Bricktastic Day!

LEGOLAND Florida Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (6,593)

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We've had annual passes there since it opened. It's a very nice little park, especially for Lego lovers. I'm 36 and could happily spend the entire day in Miniland. Seen it several times, and every time I notice a new detail. They've recently added the Star Wars section, which we haven't seen yet.

Granted, the rides are a bit on the small side. My wife is 5'10" and barely fits into most of them. However, the rides are designed for kids, not adults. Keep that in mind when you're here. Our son loves the "Driving School" and "Boating School" rides, where the kids actually get to drive a car and boat.

The food is quite affordable, and they have a variety of things available. They try to promote their signature apple fries, but we tried them once and didn't really care for them. Others surely will, but the flavor just didn't appeal to us.

Remember, this park used to be Cypress Gardens, so the layout is a bit off-putting at first. For those who remember the Gardens, they're still present. The Gardens--at least part of them--are included in the admission, and have been mostly left alone, although they have incorporated some Lego decorations into the gardens...mainly the famous Southern Belles. The belles aren't there anymore, but their Lego counterparts are.

All of the workers seem quite happy and cheerful. The park will give you an "It's my birthday!" button if you go on your birthday. We took our son on his birthday last year, and every ride he went on, the attendant would get on the intercom and get the people in line to sing "Happy Birthday", while every worker we passed would greet our son with "Happy Birthday!".

The safari ride is, to me, one of the most amazing, simply because the life-size animals look real, even though they're completely made of Legos. Just a fair warning: the car is not designed for large people. I'm 6'5", and had to squeeze myself in to ride beside my son.

After our first visit, I sent them some feedback about the volume levels in the ski show, which were overwhelming to our son, who wears hearing aids. (Another great show, which pays homage to the famous ski show of the Gardens.) They wrote me back a day or two later and promised to examine the levels. On our next visit, we noticed that the volume had been adjusted and was much more appropriate for somebody with hearing aids.

Overall, I think Legoland Florida is a great place. An annual pass is a great value if you or your kids love Legos, but if you're not that enthralled with admiring the Lego models, then multiple visits aren't really worth it. (For me, I could live in that park and be happy!)

Thank you for your review on LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

LEGOLAND is a day filled with memorable experiences. We are grateful that you were able to share some of those with us. Glad you had a great time! Our park is BUILT FOR KIDS but aimed at 2-12 but everyone loves LEGO no matter what age you are!

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your experience.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I have mixed feelings about Legoland. My family and I had an absolutely lovely day. We really enjoyed ourselves. On the other hand, our expectations were low going into this. We live in the area and purchased our tickets at a deeply discounted price, We visited when crowds were low, so we didn't have to wait for anything.

Would I pay full price for the visit? Never
Would I sacrifice other opportunities to make this part of a brief Orlando vacation? No way.
Am I glad we went, given our circumstances? Yes.

Age recommendations:

Children: My son is almost 12. He found plenty to enjoy and said he wished he could stay a second day. I think the ideal age is 4-10.

Teens-20s: God, no.

Adults: Only if you have children with you. My husband and I were quite happy, but a lot of that enjoyment was being with our son. We enjoyed riding the mild roller coasters (mostly because he was enjoying them). We especially enjoyed strolling through the old botanical gardens. (Very interesting history there, which I'll include below.)

***See the Bayan Tree*** These are very cool trees that are constantly putting out "prop roots" which grow from the branches toward the ground. The effect is that a tree spreads out laterally, and keeps dropping more "trunks" for support. Full grown trees can take up a city block or more. The one in the gardens is gorgeous, and it's the only one I've seen except in Maui.

What you'll find:

**Tons of rides for small children

**Very mild roller coasters, appropriate for "big" kids. My husband and I found them mildly entertaining, as well, although some of them are a tight squeeze for adults.

** Live shows (We saw the Pirate Show, and we all wished we could put our eyes out. The only redeeming thing was that crowds were low enough that my son got picked to man the "cannons."

**4D Movies (We saw one, which we enjoyed, but I wouldn't have come back for another.)

**Botanical gardens - Lovely, peaceful, and rich with Florida history.

As I said above, DEFINITELY see the Banyon Tree.

**Apple Fries - So tasty.

You can easily see everything in a single day.

Interesting tidbit: Did you know that LegoLand is on the site of what was once Cypress Gardens? The owner hatched the idea to market this park all over the US in the 1930s. He blanketed magazines in the north with bright, colorful pictures of this "paradise." Many movie stars visited here, and some (like Esther Williams) made movies in the park. If you were asked at the time to name the one place to visit in Florida, this would have likely been it. The park's decline began (of course) when Disney came in.

Knowing the history made the gardens especially enjoyable to me.

3  Thank Audrey33

Thank you for your detailed review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

I am pleased that you had such a great time here at LEGOLAND Florida Resort. I agree that Cypress Gardens is absolutely beautiful and a must see part of a trip here.

I hope you are able to visit us again soon to see all of the new shows and attractions we have added since your review.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I bought tickets through Legoland's website by paying the American Express. When the monthly statement came, I was charged for an additional "foreign transaction fee" from legoland. I called legoland and the toll free number is out of service, so I have to call their local number. The customer service rep. said because I used American Express card, and the transaction was done from UK, so they have to charge me the "foreign transaction fee" and the fee can not be refunded because all transaction is final by clicking through the payment box..... Be really careful because this fee did not show on the credit card payment page. The page only show your final purchase amount of the tickets. People would think this the the final sale, so please be aware when using the AMEX card. (not sure about other types of credit cards)

6  Thank Sharon L

Thank you for your detailed review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

Our goal is to retain you as a satisfied customer.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

After visiting LEGOLAND in Windsor, England years ago, we were all disappointed because we were looking forward to SOOO much more. Our 7 year old enjoyed the park because he LOVES Legos and amusement park rides -- but the rest of our family had to hunt for things to do and had to beat other adults to benches (that they didn't have enough of in the park) while they waited for rides to end. "Miniland" was of course awesome for all ages, but all the walking that was necessary to visit all areas of the park seemed stretched.

We learned that the park in located on the grounds of the old "Cypress Gardens" amusement park, which probably explains the strange layout and empty space between areas of the park (fitting your park on someone else's old layout). The layout could be more compact and get you into just as many rides and attractions, and leave out the amount of walking in direct sunlight that you have to endure now. Just saying...

Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

We apologize that you had a less than excellent experience with some aspects of your trip. We hope that you will return to experience LEGOLAND Florida as a fun family attraction.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.