“Everything is Awesome ”

and up
Legoland® Florida Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Buy disco tix online via a ticket broker & save $20+ per ticket! This is the place to go if you have kids 10 & under! Rides, movies, shops, and waterpark all in one! The lines are short and the kids love it! Even the food is reasonable. Best part is that they have beer for the parents in the waterpark. Lazy river is awesome...you build Legos on the rafts while you float. They do close all outdoor rides at the littlest signs of inclement weather which sucks donkey. Parking is expensive. Overall great experience!!!

3  Thank Partyof5ish
Brandon T, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Thank you for the awesome review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort!

We're so glad you enjoyed everything our resort has to offer, and we hope you and your kids made some truly memorable experiences during your visit.

There are newer reviews for LEGOLAND Florida Resort

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Not a place for children over 10. Any older than that would likely find it boring. Also, don't go expecting a mega park. Its small by comparison; and the displays, sun faded and a little dated. Don't let the negativity discourage though. Because it its geared toward small children, you won't have one left out while taking another on a bigger ride...though they do exist...just not a lot of them. And maybe because it was a weekday, no line was over 15 minutes. Won't have that at Universal or Disney. Just don't go expecting to find them.

5  Thank VinceR1964

Hi Vince,

Thank you for your review! Our resort is designed specifically with children ages 2-12 in mind, so I agree with your feedback regarding which audience benefits the most from our park. We hope to see you again at LEGOLAND Florida Resort very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My children and I had a ball going here. I got on a roller-coaster even though I do not care for them too much. It was a nice clean park and we completed it all in about 6 hours. We went during rainy season but thank goodness it was an hour's worth of rain. We was so fascinated with the legos it was amazing. If you go during rainy season make sure you take umbrellas.

3  Thank Tamisha J

Hi Tafon,

Thank you for your kind review of LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

We're so glad you enjoyed our LEGO-ized resort including all of our life-size models that can be seen in Miniland USA and throughout the entire resort.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I live in Florida so am used to the Disney parks but decided to give LEGOLAND a go with my two grandchildren aged 3 and 8. We started in the water park which was perfect for their ages. There looked to be bigger slides too but I didn't look at those. We were in the water for four hours and it flew past. One thing I would say is its a long walk from the parking area so if you have swimwear, towels etc then be prepared as you have to walk through the main park to get to the water park. I will invest in some sort of pull along on wheels before I go again. One little point LEGOLAND, I was disappointed when I took a photo on the bench with the LEGOLAND brick person, it was very dirty. I must say though how clean I found everything else. Maybe the cleaners missed this ? It's the first thing you come across when entering the park though. Another very important point for me was how many lifeguards there were, which I thought was excellent. All in all a fabulous day !

4  Thank Alison C

Hi Alison,

Thank you for thinking of us during your trip to central Florida! It sounds like you and your grandchildren had a Brick-tacular time at our resort!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit; we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Legoland is clear that its designed for young kids (2-12). To give them a fair review, I think we must look at through children's eyes. Looking at it through that age, they hit it right on the head. My twins are clearly in their demographic (age 7) and they loved it.
The rides are tame, but this is not a thrill park. We had a great time and enjoyed the water-park too. I think we rode every ride and enjoyed all of them. I should note that we had very low (almost no) wait times! Choose your visit days carefully and you too may have little wait.
Miniland is amazing, don't miss it. Chima was a blast and I can't believe we walked right on with no wait.
We ran out of time and didn't get to visit the old Cypress Garden, as we spent more time at the water park than we thought. The summer thunderstorms also caused us to miss the ski show (next time!).
I thought food choices were good and prices reasonable (for a theme park). We only dined at the all-you-can-eat pizza buffet. It seems like a good deal as you can get as much drink as you want! Of course since the park closes at 6, you can grab dinner outside the park. There are plenty of options in Winter Haven.
There are many opportunities to meet characters. You just have to pick up the schedule on the way in. We were pleased they had Chima characters and the Lego Movie. My daughter would've liked there to be a Lego Friends character, but maybe in the future?

Tip: Buy your tickets in advance (the gate prices are crazy!). I used a (reputable) ticket broker. You'll save a lot of money that way, even over the official website. Also, if you visit other Merlin Entertainment properties (SeaLife, etc.), the annual pass may be worth it (they're running a buy 3 get 1 free promotion). You'll need to do the math and see if it works for you.

We enjoyed Legoland. It's a low-key experience compared to the other big parks. There is plenty of shade and there are misters throughout the park. We will definitely go back!

4  Thank Steven B

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your comments. We designed our park specifically with children ages 2-12 in mind, so it's great to hear your feedback regarding the ages that our park can truly provide a memorable experience to.

Update for you - we do have LEGO Friends characters! We hope you consider a visit soon to come and see them.