“Needed a place for 1 night”

Budget Inn of Winter Haven
Budget Inn of Winter Haven
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Nj
“Needed a place for 1 night”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The place has seen better days. Thought a bit expensive for what you get. Met what we needed for our 1 night stay. Microwave, frig in room, no coffee maker, charge for ice, flat screen TV, good WiFi and its free, ceiling fan.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank djdrs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Orlando
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've stayed at this motel many, many years ago, it was a clean place to stay then and so, when the need arose to travel to Winter Haven on a family matter, I took a chance, again. While the motel is in need of some work and it doesn't have the amenities afforded by the chain operations in the area, the rooms don't come with a $140.00 per night price tag, either! The last time I stayed at this motel, there was a pool. The pool is gone, filled in and covered with sod, that's okay, wasn't looking for a place to swim. Checking in was straightforward, pull up to the window, push button for service, present card, get key, go to room! Again, that's okay, didn't need bell or concierge service. Got to our room, which was clean, no odors other than the very faint smell of freshness, the carpets were clean, the fixtures are clean and all in working order, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean with a large walk-in shower. The towels are a bit small and worn, but, I wasn't looking for plushy towels and bathrobes, either! There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room, but hey, there's a McDonalds right next door. So, if you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Winter Haven that's quiet, clean, comfortable and just a nice place to sleep, you found it! While the amenities are not exactly falling out of the sky here, the price isn't out of this world, either! I have stayed at the chain operations in this area before that charge double or triple what this little motel charges and trust me, when you get to your room - the place you're going to spend the most time - it isn't any better! So, give this little motel a try!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jhsataorlando
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed at Budget Inn for Valentine's Day and had a great stay, they upgraded me to a king Suite at no extra cost. It was a great location big clean rooms, The Staff was friendly. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tony L
Sunshine State of Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Budget Inn of Winter Haven is an inexpensive small motel that has with all the basics and comforts needed for a decent stay. It's clean, well-kept, but worn. It didn't smell bad. The hotel has an older Florida style that reminded me of my grandmother's home in South Florida when I was little. (My son called it boring. LOL.) It's located in a decent commercial area with good shopping and restaurants nearby. There's also a nice lake nearby and Legoland is only 5 miles away.

The room had a TV, a fridge, and a microwave. The bathroom was clean and was stocked with clean towels and wash cloths. The shower head needed de-scaling, that was the worst of it. The in wall A/C unit is a bit noisy, but being in the back of the room it wasn't so bad.

My room had one of those adjoining doors, but it was sealed shut with special hardware, so no security problems there. The door locks are old style lock and key, not special swipe cards or anything digital like that. There is no additional latch inside for extra security. (I did not like this.)

I could hear the TV being played in the neighboring room, this is above the noise coming from the A/C unit. For the most part it didn't bother us. We were too tired from our long day in Legoland to care.

What made my stay extra special was having the surprisingly great McDonald's nearby across the street within walking distance. Definitely one of the nicest, friendliest, cleanest McDonalds I've ever had the pleasure of visit.

Pool? Umm, I think there is one, but it's hard to see from ground level. I don't even think it was open during my visit there. Didn't take the time to find out.

Ah, and no roaches or any other bugs were found, inside or out, during my overnight visit.

The best way I can describe this Budget Inn; it's like staying in a guest room of a friend's home that is set up for visitors specifically. Nothing fancy, just practical necessities for a clean, comfortable stay without breaking the budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Raquel K
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I booked the hotel to get an early start @ Legoland. Budget Inn offered the best price in town. I was worried that I would get. I was happily suprised to find a clean room, with microwave and mini fridge, free wi-fi, hot water and comfortable beds. That was all I needed and all we got. No coffee maker, iron or alarm clock which all seem to be in most hotel rooms these days, although I was grateful for the fridge and the microwave. McDonalds is right next door, so my morning cup of coffee, was just a short walk away. I was not planning on spending much time at the hotel so the absence of a pool was not even noticed. The only thing I would really object to was the fact that the hotel roomed smelled like stale cigarette smoke and that there did not seem to be enough parking when the hotel is implement full. I am not a smoker, and honestly had not had smelled that in a hotel room before for me to think about that when booking. A friend was staying at another local "brand name" hotel and I wondered if I had made a mistake. Turns out she was disgusted by the clenliness of theroom at the other hotel, switched rooms, and was unhappy with the second room and left that hotel and came to our hotel which ended up having no vacancies.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Kmk1105
Coventry, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Close to "downtown" Winterhaven. Budget Inn motel is convenient, clean and quite inexpensive. The owners are excellent. Highly recommended. Three blocks south are some very nice bars and restaurants. Cypress Gardens is sort of defunct but LegoLand is reclaiming and expanding it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple