“Very comfy”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
“Very comfy”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed overnight so we could be at Legoland early in the morning. My husband and I had one room, son and granddaughter in another. Both rooms were super clean, very very comfortable mattress, and easy to adjust climate control.The wi-fi is a solid connection. I watched a movie on Netflix no problem. The desk clerk was very helpful in guiding us to a restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday. She even called the restaurant and secured a reservation for us. Good thing, because when we got there, there was a full crowd waiting for dinner. Back to the hotel. The location is very convenient to restaurants, and of course, Legoland is right down the street. We didn't have a chance to use the heated outdoor pool, as we didn't have swimsuits with us. But next time we will. We had breakfast at the adjoining IHOP before Legoland adventures. Breakfast is discounted for hotel guests. Definitely will stay there again the next time we go to Legoland.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bonlyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here rather than chain location to celebrate my parent's anniversary on 3/3. Read all the other traveler reviews of this location and decided to try it out. It is an older facility but has had some updating. Our room was spacious and actually had a small kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and double sink, but no range. There was also a small table with two chairs. There were several items that needed maintenance to attend to, and they were completed within two hours of us reporting them, and done while we were visiting my parent's home nearby. It was a clean lower cost facility but worth the price. We would consider staying there again. Staff was very pleasant and easy to deal with.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard R
Chelmsford
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This was my home away from home. The accommodations were excellent. The front desk staff made your stay feel like home, and the rooms, facility and housekeeping were attended on a daily basis. The convenience of having IHOP on premises was also a delight. I will be a regular guest, and if you are looking for a clean family oriented place to stay, look no further. You will not be disappointed. Vince

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank lvdelaflor
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I stayed a couple of weeks here. We had a very spacious room. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. We were able to sit outside the room and look at the lake. The room was very clean and smelled nice when we arrived. The housekeeper kept it clean during our stay. She was sweet and saw to all of our requests. The front desk clerk was courteous and helpful. My only complaint is the beds are hard and uncomfortable. I think if you put in new mattresses the quality would be a lot better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dama C
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

My family and i were panning on staying at a chain motel but they were so expensive that we took at chance on the ranch house inn. Reasonably priced, friendly, staff and our room was very clean.(we also went to IHOP several times and they gave us a discount for being guests of the motel)

Anyway, well worth the savings and we had a wonderful time a Legoland!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Samantha R
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I came here from Ohio in early November to come be near my family, and was fortunate to find such a great hotel on such a cheap budget. When i first moved in, i stayed in a standard room for a couple weeks which was great because it was big and clean. However, after a couple weeks i decided to upgrade to an efficiency because they have a full kitchen so i could cook on a stove. I have had no problems with anything since i've been here. The staff are AWESOME and extremely friendly, and will see to your every need. There is only one housekeeper here and she does an amazing job keeping up with cleanliness and the guest's need's. The two front desk staff are very helpful with anything you need like directions, or places to visit or eat at. I especially like how the maintenance man is constantly going around and making sure everything is working and looking good. He can be seen cleaning the pool EVERY day and keeps it nice and clean. The hotel is also less than a 10 minute drive from Legoland, so it is great for anyone who has kids and are looking for a good combination of a very affordable price and cleanliness. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: If your on a tight budget the standard rooms are great, but if you can afford a little bit more i re...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew S
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel actually exceeded my expections. The full-sized refrigerator and stove were a nice surprise as were the dishes and utensils. We made a quick trip to the grocery so we were able to fix serveral meals there. I brought my 8 y.o. nephew to Legoland which is 5 minutes away. The staff gave us some helpful hints to visiting the park. The pool was very clean and they have pool towels right at the pool. The room was your basic standard hotel room-clean and functional (yes, it's dated)-but we weren't there to visit the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family