“This place sucks! Dirty Dirty Dirty!”

Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Jacksonville, Florida
“This place sucks! Dirty Dirty Dirty!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The rooms smells, the smoke detector is missing, the pillows are stained yellow, and the ENTIRE room is just dirty. I went to call to see if we could get some new pillow or at least a few more pillowcases to put over the disgusting pillows and the phone doesn't work. I called on my cell phone and was told they have no pillows or pillow cases and to call back tomorrow to make a complaint. You have got to be kidding me! I already feel like I am contracting some type of infection or disease just sitting here typing this because the place is crazy dirty. I will be contacting the DPBR first thing Monday morning!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Liketotravel444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I guess it depends on which room you get, but my room actually isn't too bad. I mean, I haven't ran a black light across the place but it's comfortable. The carpets are dark so you really have to look to see that it's dirty as well. On a scale of 1 - 10 on how clean my bathroom was... i give it a 7. My room doesn't smell or have an odor, I haven't tried the fridge. The water in the shower doesn't get hot and when you turn on the sink, the water will spray you. But honestly, I can't complain. I've seen worse.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My stay lasted 6 hours….. from 2am - 8am

I can’t recommend this hotel. Not only did the room smell of wet cat (which was being masked with the strongest of lemon air fresheners) but it was filthy. Not just dirty, but filthy and grubby.
The shower floor was yellow with a brown rectangular stain where a non-slip mat had once resided. The soap dishes had a layer of grubbiness over them and the towels had seen better days. So all in all the shower/bathroom was unusable.

There was no hair dryer as promised and the fitness room was out of order. But when you looked through the window, it was just another bedroom filled with rubbish.

Don’t get me started on the state of the floor and walls…. There was grub,everywhere.

The only saving grace was the staff. They were all very pleasant, but what I did find odd was that when I complained, they really weren’t at all surprised and handed over a refund for the rest of my stay without any issues at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WinterHavenSuites1, General Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sib H,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center. I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your discomfort with your stay and hope you accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have spoken with the staff and provided them with feedback based off of the concerns in your TripAdvisor. We are working to improve the property all of the time and your feedback is appreciated. The Fitness Center has been undergoing repairs, and should be in operation by April 1, 2014.

I hope you would consider using our property again in the future.
Yulee, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.I cant believe the health dept hasn't shut the place down .Shower floor was absolutely filthy .so was floor, walls, bed everything.They should be ashamed to rent rooms to anyone

• Stayed February 2014
WinterHavenSuites1, Manager at Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center. I sincerely apologize about all of the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I will relay your comments to the house keeping so this does not happen in the future. We do hope you will give us another chance.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I rented it a month ago, non smoking reasonable rate ect. What we got is moldy musky dirty, sticky carpet, filthy bathroom with grossness every ware! The woman at the desk is a doll and gave us a big break, but there is no excuse for this room.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the carpets. We have the carpets cleaned on a regular basis, but when we get busy there can be issues. I will mention to my housekeeping department the issues with the bathroom so this will be prevented and not happen again in the future. I do hope that you will consider staying with us and giving us another chance to serve you next time you are in the Winter Haven area.
Ontario
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Our stay was prolonged due to my husband being ill. ALL staff, from housekeeping, maintenance, front desk, GM & owner were very accommodating. Room was clean & spacious, beds were comfortable, all lights in working order and sufficient electrical sockets. Onsite cafe & bar - an added convenience. Motel undergoing a full revamp, improvements seen daily. The Thursday night buffet & live entertainment for only $10 is awesome. Beautiful and well maintained pool. Onsite laundry- another bonus. Ample parking. Complimentary coffee in lobby, free WIFI. Highly recommend! Will definitely be back! A big THANK YOU to all the staff at The Winter Haven Suites!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigMommyCat
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center, and look forward to your next visit.