“Dirty”

Cuisines: Chinese
Winter Haven
“Dirty”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have had food from there before but on my last two visits, the place was dirty. I thought that it was just a "fluke" the first time so I did try again.... no better...... have not been back!

Visited December 2012

Winter Haven
“Mmmmm great!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Nice little chinese restaurant where you can eat in or carry out. Always busy... The food is great, lunch portions nice, friendly staff

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Janine H
Rocky Top, Tennessee
“Fresh food - nothing like stale food on a buffet”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Really small place in a strip mall next to a grocery store. Place was very clean, uncluttered, and very busy - especially with phone orders, good sign!

Food was fresh above all... hot & sour soup was outstanding! Served very hot temp, just right spicy, small bits of everything made it easy to enjoy. Pretty standard egg roll (to be fair, I prefer spring rolls) but it was VERY hot and obviously fresh made to order. Fried rice was dark brown which threw us at first, but it was very good too.

The Empress had her standard sweet & sour chicken, good & crispy, light batter. The Kung Pao chicken was good, hot in the right places. Asked them to add broccoli which they did without hesitation... good service. Portions were pretty big. Soft drinks are canned - not necessarily a bad thing cause they didn't have a funny taste like some chinese places.

Went in at lunch and EVERY PLATE on the menu was $4.99 - included rice -white or fried- and either an egg roll or soup. Very reasonable cost (we both ate well for less than $13 total - with two drinks).

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TheGrandMan
Winter Haven, FL
“Not Bad, but Not Quite What I Want from a Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Ever since we noticed a marked and repeated decline in the quality of food from Golden Wok, which used to be our reliable source for Chinese take-out, my husband and I have searched in vain for a substitute in Winter Haven. Unfortunately, we did not find it at China Wok. Better than several of the other places we have tried and rejected, this restaurant does not serve food that is too salty or greasy or marred by a weird or unpleasant taste. However, while not bad, my Shrimp Chow Mein just tasted like rice, shrimp, vegetables, and chow mein noodles. It was fresh, but it lacked the essential elements necessary to create a dish that is a holistic union of its parts with a cohesion that takes the experience to the next level from giving me the impression that I could throw it together on my own without a recipe. The hunt continues.

• Visited August 2011