“Texican's gone vegan!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Ethos Vegan Kitchen is a full-service vegan restaurant just north of Orlando in historic Winter Park featuring hearty, homestyle fare. Menu selections are 100% vegan and include light bites, soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, main dishes, pizza, desserts and a children's menu. Ethos also features a selection of vegan beer and wine, and vegan bakery items made from scratch on-site daily. In addition to our regular menu, a weekend Brunch menu is available on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 3pm.We are open Monday through Friday, 11am to 11pm, and on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11pm. Ethos is located on Fairbanks Avenue at New York, one block west of Park Avenue.
“Texican's gone vegan!!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

First off, let me state that my wife and I are meat eaters. Second, she is skeptical of vegan food in general, while I am always open to new experiences. Met some friends here on 11/10/13 for an evening meal. Open layout is nice, so you don't feel like you're on top of the next table, décor is artsy and modern. The beer menu was a nice selection of Cigar City brews and other craft beers which is an A+ in my book. Wifey had a chi cola which was very good. We were still full from brunch earlier in the day so we shared a plate of spicy or blackened tempeh Black beans and rice, collards, carrots, and peppers topped with a tomato/mango salsa. the dish was very good, just a little on the salty side, will rack that up to over zealous kitchen staff. I ordered the potato pancakes as well, which were very thin but still tasty. Our tab was 25 bucks, about average these days, with one soda and one beer. Stop by the pastry case, you will not regret it. Pickins were slim since it was in the evening but we had snickerdoodle and dbl chocolate chip cookies on the way out. Again excellent taste and consistency considering no eggs/milk/butter in the cookies. One would be hard pressed to say if they were vegan or dairy based. So if you have family members in town, or are in town for the attractions and need a vegan foodie stop, this is it!!

• Visited November 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Best pizza!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My sister and I went to Ethos looking for light healthy fare. We got exactly that. The crust on my pizza was one of the best crusts I have ever eaten. My sister ordered the lasagna, which was very good, but the pizza was definitely the best choice. I was expecting a smaller venue but the restaurant was modern, clean and the service was excellent. My sister was still talking about the pizza the next day. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank prnut
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great every time”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have been here with friends and family quite a few times and we always have an awesome experience. Typically at restaurants I find one menu item I really like and never stray too far from ordering it with each return. At Ethos I can't help but pick something different every time because everything looks and sounds delicious...and I am never disappointed! Lots of wonderful options and even my meat-eating brothers love this place!

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
“There was meat on my plate! I'm sure of it....”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Sausage Pastry Rolls made me look twice because they have the texture of meat without losing great flavor. Don't spare the dipping sauce, get all in it for a sensational experience. Even the carnivorous boyfriend liked it. It was cute watching him take a bite and then look at it sideways.You know that look a puppy gives you when you squeak a toy behind your back?!? That look!That's good Vegan. (I've also included pictures)

I went with the Pecan Crusted Eggplant with Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus. -Phenomenal! The boyfriend went with the Samson Burger.The way he eats, he very rarely has leftovers but when he does they get left behind. Not today though, he had more than enough food and a little doggy bag in tow!

You'll understand why everyone has great comments about the staff. They are sweet and pleasant but definitely have the knowledge, efficiency, and etiquette that makes great servers. Overall it was a great experience. Love the vibe and you can tell there is a sense of integrity in their food. I think people tend to be more critical of Vegan food and more understanding if they eat a cooked animal prepared incorrectly. So, if you don't like one thing... try something else.

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for small groups or alone”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've had lunch with friends here and also come by just me and had lunch at the bar. Always friendly service! I'm not big on the salsa, but the hummus is a good swap.

Visited October 2013