“Boutique”

Cornell Fine Arts Museum
Ranked #8 of 52 things to do in Winter Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is a teaching museum that stimulates transformative encounters with works of art while integrating art learning into daily life for campus and community. Set on the Rollins College campus, the Museum offers an intimate and unique experience in Winter Park. Among the more than 5,500 works ranging from antiquity to contemporary–2% of which is on view at any given time–we hold the only European Old Masters collection in the Orlando area, a sizable American art collection, and the forward-looking Alfond Collection of Contemporary Art, shown both at the Museum and at The Alfond Inn at Rollins a few blocks from campus. As an educational unit of Rollins, we strive to engage visitors of all ages with our collection and to share our innovative exhibitions, which feature a selection of works from the early Renaissance to cutting-edge contemporary. As exhibitions change seasonally, visitors are encouraged to view the website prior to visiting.
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Tucked away on the Rollins college campus this is a small museum which to a non expert appeared to be a very eclectic mix of displays

Our arts leaning teenage daughter got more out of it so probably one for the specialist

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I visited the museum for the first time last week. I took my daughter because I figured it would be an educational experience for her, and an excuse for me to visit the beautiful college campus. I am not an art museum connoisseur by any means, so maybe I missed the point of what it's all about.

I'm glad I didn't pay admission, otherwise I would have felt somewhat cheated. There are several large rooms, with very little to fill them. I still don't understand why they have a beautiful stained glass display hidden in the hallway, across from the restrooms! Is that supposed to be highbrow humor?

You can see everything in about 30 minutes. It's the kind of thing you can do once just to say you did it. I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is the Art Museum of Rollins College and has a really nice collection for a small college museum placed in great location next to a Lake on the college campus

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the collection of this fine museum on the campus of Rollins College.
This teaching museum on the college campus has been the fortunate beneficiary of many donated art masterpieces to their collection.

The Cornell Museum is celebrating its 35 Anniversary this year and is offering free admission!

After visiting the museum we enjoyed walking around the beautiful grounds of Rollins College.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We drove around campus a bit and then figured out it had to be down at the end of the street by the water. Several students we asked had no idea. It is a small museum but has a few interesting pieces and it was free. Worth an hour but not not as exciting as the nearby Morse museum. The Rollins campus however is gorgeous and worth a stroll.