“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Cask & Larder

Cask & Larder
Ranked #25 of 342 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Description: Cask & Larder, in Orlando-MCO Airport, offers southern-sourced seasonal dishes, craft beers brewed and fresh-shucked oysters from our oyster bar. We offer a wide range of cocktails, wines, and locally brewed craft beers.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a great place. We had a variety of shared meals for brunch .. THE FRENCH TOAST AND chicken tamale were amazing. The service was excellent. Our only complaint along with the folks at the communal table with us was that brunch ended at 3pm and many folks wanted to continue to nos and eat through dinner yet there only oysters and ham biscuits.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Unlike its sister restaurant, The Ravenous Pig, C&L is a bit more casual but still refreshing in its approach to serving outstanding food.

Our meals started with an excellent C&L Dip, Deviled Eggs and delicious (fried) Crispy Oysters. For entrees, my wife had the Smoked Duck... which she rated as just okay (a bit too smoky)... and I had the trout which was excellent.

Our server was knowledgeable and attentive.

All-in-all Cask and Lardner should be on your must-try list. But be prepared for dishes you won't find anywhere else.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First time experience at the Cask and Larder & what a first time experience it was!! The Belgian Beer Dinner was out of this world. Open table seating threw me at first, but once we got chatting with those at our table it was just perfect! Not all beers were to my pleasing, have to say those that were should be marketed!! Menu quality, composition, presentation etc outstanding!! Not one course out of seven would I not order if on their menu.
Great job all around and will definitely be back, kudos to the Beer Master & Executive Chef (and all those others who made this happen)

1  Thank Doire1970
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went there to for a birthday dinner, and it's the first time we been there. We already made reservations, so there was no wait for us. The waiter was prompt and a super funny guy. He joked around with us, and explained the menu very well. The restaurant has it's own brewery in the back, so all their beer is on tap and brewed in house. We tried some lemon/basil wheat ale, which i really liked and a rye beer. The menu is rather then what you would be used to in other restaurant, but it's very good. The majority of the products is from local farms and ranches, and the menu is very indigenous. I had rabbit and pork belly with sausage and collar greens. It was outstanding. We also had a few apps. The C&L dip is definitely a must! Everything we had was so flavorful. The service was fantastic, and prompt, considering that the restaurant seemed full, all of our food arrived in a timely manner. Honestly, I don't agree with some of the reviews saying the place is fancy, because you can go there certainly in your jeans and a nice polo, however, you definitely will spend some money there.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I read reviews regularly but enjoyed my dinner so much that I decided to write my first:
Before venturing into the food we enjoyed, I must mention our server, Maria, who was incredibly helpful, knowledgable, and was more than willing to take extra time to explain what a "beer engine" is and to ensure that a cocktail was made to our liking, even brining a mini carafe of lime juice to the table so the flavor could be adjusted if needed.
Although the restaurant was packed, we gladly took a seat at one of the long high-top tables in the bar where we soon were joined by another awesome group of diners (and Orioles fans, to boot).
We began with drinks, a gin and tonic ON TAP for her, and Cask and Larder's resident brewing genius Ron Raike's Toasted Rye Bread Ale for me. Appetizers started with snap peas in a mini cast iron skillet with farro, pecans, and a few pieces of crispy pork belly. The sweetness of the peas and saltiness of the pork made it a dish I could have snacked on all night if more food wasn't on the way. Oysters Kentucky followed along with deviled eggs. The oysters were the star of the first course, my favorite part being the bourbon creme fraiche on top, just enough to create new layers of flavor as the beautiful raw oyster fills your mouth with pure ocean flavor. The deviled eggs were enjoyable but paled in comparison to the oysters. They were seasoned well and topped with trout roe, but were more dense than deviled eggs should be- at least in my mind. The main event featured perfectly fried cornmeal crusted catfish with red grits topped with marinated vegetables. We both loved the catfish, as it could not have been cooked any better than it was. The grits and veggies (beets, carrots, snap peas, and radishes) were beyond amazing as well, as the vinegar from the marinade seeped into the grits below and created new flavors even better than when they were separate. As an accompaniment we ordered the crispy corn, four small cobs of the best corn I've ever had. Roasted, rolled in "bama white barbecue sauce" and bread crumbs, the kernels literally fell off the cob. Unfortunately, at this point there was no room left in my stomach so we shared two of the cobs with our new friends at the other end of the table. To wash the main course down, we turned to St. Augustine gin with a splash of lime juice for her and the Beer and Sand, a twist on a shandy with beer, lemon, and bourbon. After so much food and with a movie time drawing near, we regrettably had to skip dessert, although we saw lemon semifreddo sandwiches on graham crackers walk by and I became extremely envious.

Thank you to the chefs Petrakis for such comforting yet inspiring food, to Ron Raike for the best beer I've had in a long time, and to Maria for helping us enjoy a wonderful meal.