“Excellent staff and service, enjoyable morning at EOSS”

East Orange Shooting Sports
Ranked #2 of 12 Fun & Games in Winter Park
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I searched all the reviews on the internet and this range was by no means the closest to where i was staying, 23 miles away in fact. The reviews helped me select this range and i was not dissapointed. We booked a holiday in Florida and one of my must to do's was to use firearms we can't in the UK.

I found the range really easy to find, helped with a sat nav of course, but it is well sign posted too. I went on the 1ist Nov 2013.

The service i recieved was excellent, as a vistor from the UK the staff have time and make time for any questions and they ask all the right ones too. They make sure you are fully range brifed and understand all the safety requirements before you proceed to the range, they will advise and recommend on all firearms you wish to try and let you know how it fire beforehand. The range disclaimers are easy to fill in, any question just ask. I was from well out of town and i was made to feel extremly welcome and relaxed.

I started on the Smith & Wesson- 357 Magnum recommend by Scott, that was a nice revolver to fire, easy to handle, smooth recoil.
Next i fired the the Ruger LCR 38 Special, very small and light, reminds me of the MiB "Noisey cricket", its look was very decieving it packed a punch and a sharp recoil that surprised me for its size, very accurate and easy to use.
I then fired the Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum, wow that is a beast, i can now see why they call it the Hand Cannon, I enjoyed firing that one, but my favorite was the Smith & Wesson- 357 Magnum by far.

I will finish off by thanking the staff at EOSS for the enjoyable morning and to Scott who was a star and who made my journey worthwhile, thank you.

1  Thank jbfarrier
in 11 reviews
"accessories"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you are thinking about buying a gun this is a place you can go and rent and see how much gun a person can handle.

1  Thank mallylin
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Went to EOSS on Tuesday 24th September.
Easy to find and park.
Quick form to complete, takes 2 minutes at most.
A few questions from helpfull staff and a quick run through what to do and not do on the range, pricing etc.
Select the gun you want, explanation of how to load it etc, safety and overall features.
Pick the targets you want and head into the range.
We were left to it as we have shot before but other people were given a quick tutorial in the range.
Used a pistol first then asked to change to an AR.
Again a run through of features and safety and back into the range.
There is no rush at EOSS, friendly, helpfull and professional staff.
We thought the pricing was very good (paid just under $90 for pistol with 100 rounds, rifle with 40 rounds, 8 targets and had 2 cold drinks).
If you want to keep the cost down stick to .202 but all the prices are transparent with no added extras.
Would we go back.......YES, planning to go back next week for another morning.
Have to say if you haven't used a gun before I think you would find EOSS reassuring as they focus on safety with no rushing and you can go at your own pace.
If you are more experienced you are taken through what should be mandatory safety drill then left to it.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Took my husband there for a surprise, with the intention of buying a Glock. After shooting an AR 15, we were sold. The staff was friendly, well informed and helpful. We were able to try an array of various guns. If you get there between opening time and 1:00, you get a senior discount, not that I'm that old, lol.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Orlando has lots of attractions outside the Theme Parks, and on a family trip a reserved two days for such activities. I went there with my wife at the time, and we had a blast! Approximately 2 hours of fun shooting ammo from 3 differente calibers, over 200 rounds were fired for a $87 expense.
As we were foreigners, we had to get ourselves hunting licenses, which costed $8 each. For hunting paper targets! LOL! We filled some forms, and one of the staff members had us lectured about range rules and general firearm handling, ensuring the safety of shooters and bystanders in the facility, and tips about aiming and gently pressing the trigger, stances and grabbing techniques. Nice!
As my wife had never shot anything previously, He advised us to start with .22, and I concurred. You pay for the range, for the firearm rental, paper targets and ammunition. The amount of time you stay there shooting is totally up to you, since there is no time-based charging. Glasses and ear protection were provided by them. Range fee was $14 and firearm rental was $9. You can swap firearm as many times you wish. We shot a .22 Revolver and then a 1911 look-alike pistol. After a 100 rounds, we bought 9mm ammo and got ourselves a Glock 19. After that, I got myself some hot .357 Magnum ammo and shot a 6" S&W 686. Wow! That felt like a hand cannon after shooting previous rounds.

Only downside is that the range does not have AC in the shooting area, and sometimes our glasses would get fogged with sweat.

2  Thank BrunoLonx