“Much improved over Houstan's” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hillstone Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 329 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Formerly Houston's
Orlando, Florida
“Much improved over Houstan's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Though owned and operated by the same company, Hillstone outranks Houston's in everyway possible.

The food and service was amazing, and while the view was the same as previously, it's breathtaking.

I'm so glad I took a chance and brought my out of town cousin here for lunch.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“On my Orlando visit to-do list every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Hillstone is always on the to-do list when I come to Orlando to visit family. It sits on Lake Killarney & is a perfect spot to relax with family and enjoy a delicious meal. The vegetable plate is to die for; it comes with a delicious Thai-style kale salad, couscous, and two other seasonal vegetables. So good!! The burger is also delish & the Thai noodle salad is heavenly. You must visit, you will love it!

USA
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hillstone is located where Houston's used to be. Came here on a whim and were was happy we did. The welcoming was warm and the service excellent - without being intrusive. The restaurant is lake-front and offers indoor and outdoor seating. When we asked the servers for suggestions, I noticed they did not recommend the most expensive wine or food, but rather what they thought would be appropriate for what we were looking for. The food was outstanding. We had the ribs and the salmon. Both were excellent. The Caesar’s salads were good, but still miss the special garlic dressing Houston’s used to have. The atmosphere adds to the whole experience. This is not a cheap restaurant but, despite what other posters have said, I found the total bill fair for what we received. We will surely come back again.

1 Thank hacmco
Kissimmee Fl
“Really Hillstone”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went there for my daughter's birthday. We had just finished dinner and 2 women approached the men at our table and passed out cards to Rachel's men's club. Since when is soliciting appropriate in a restaurant in supposedly a restaurant with some class? Told the waitress about it and she basically said the owner of this Rachel's is in there a lot spending money. My daughter was in the ladies room and heard these two I guess prostitutes saying lets leave we aren't going to make any money here. Found the manager told him the story and he apologized he had no idea this was going on - yeah right. A waitress knows what's going on and he doesn't. Won't be back to that diner again a lot nicer places around.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank dima11
The Villages, Florida
“Food good, but not worth the $$$$ spent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I both ordered the salmon dinner. I know I can't post the price, but let's just say I could have fed a family of 10 for what we paid. My husband wanted to substitute another vegetable for the mashed potatoes. Nope, can't do that... No salad comes with the dinner, and we never even saw bread come out. Don't you think they could have managed that for the price we paid? The staff was friendly and the food was very good, however, I can get a whole lot more of the same good food elsewhere. Unfortunately, we will not be going back to Hillstone. I also asked the waitress if they do anything special for birthdays. Nope.. but of course you can pre-order a dessert and we will put a candle in it... no thanks... we'll go get an ice cream cone on the way home !!

• 1 of 5 bubbles