There are so many incredible aspects of The Alfond Inn:
- It’s architecture
- It’s art collection
- The design & quality of its guest rooms
- The Inn’s philanthropic mission
- The location of the hotel in downtown Winter Park
In a phrase: it just fits the neighborhood perfectly. The Alfond is a comfortable mix of modern and “Floridian” Spanish architecture - both indoors and out. This being Florida, I found some its best spaces to be in the beautifully designed courtyard, sipping a cocktail after dinner at the bonfire pit.
Although, the daytime and evening views from the second-floor pool deck aren’t shabby, either. Sometimes, I find myself up there after a good workout enjoying the breeze and appreciating that the Alfond isn’t a run-of-the-mill high-rise in the middle of downtown Orlando.
The guest rooms are exactly the type of inventory Winter Park was previously-lacking: nicely sized, with a spa-style bathroom, beautiful furniture (including built-ins that serve as closets), and high-quality bedding. The down duvet + high thread-count sheets were appreciated by this admitted bedding snob!
Having daily newspaper delivery and complimentary (and speedy!) WiFi access were welcomed perks to this business traveler.
The guest services personnel I have encountered have all been pleasant. A little “stiff,” but I think that has a lot to do with serving older clientele who appreciate the formality. It doesn’t translate to me.
Only critiques: for requiring that guests use the $18/night valet, aside from the guys who run the morning shift, the others tend to be very slow – and other times mysteriously absent – in the evening. That can be really irritating when the parking lot is less than 50 yards away. I really wish that self-parking would be made available as an option.
Other than that, The Alfond Inn is a fantastic destination. It is my home-base whenever I’m in Winter Park and I can’t wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfond Inn, voted the #1 hotel in Florida in the Conde Nast Traveler 2016 Reader's Choice Awards is a stylish boutique hotel in Winter Park. A Preferred Boutique HOtel that has a AAA Four Diamond Rating, The Alfond Inn features 112 guestrooms equipped with complimentary high speed wireless internet access, iPod docking stations and flat screen televisions, as well as oversized workstations. The Inn also offers 10,000 square feet of meeting space, roof top pool, fitness center and Hamilton's Kitchen, a full service restaurant with a Floridian-inspired menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Alfond Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alfond Inn Winter Park, Florida