“excellent service needs more experience”
Review of The Alfond Inn

The Alfond Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winter Park
Miami
“excellent service needs more experience”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I came for a wedding and decided to stay there because less than 2 blocks from the party. Everyone told me that the hotel was the best around so I decided to try. Actually the Hotel is own by a school so during graduation time which was my case the price is $300 per night unless you book very long in advance, First the service in the reception and of the valet is very good. Almost no waiting for the cars which is usually very difficult to get. People are very friendly. The cleaning team is good but they should put automatically a shower cap in the bathroom and change the supplier of cotton buds (too small for make up). The turn down service was done two days out of three? and not the same service from day to t day? The room is well equipped and I like the flat screen but especially the plugs on the desk where you can have a lot of electronics connected as well as USB. The coffee machine is difficult to plug in but works good. The fridge is present but empty. Most important the safe fits any portable computer size. The gym is set to a minimum at present and the pool is outside. I do not remember if it was heated because when I decided to go the storm came too. The room is very spacious and the bedding is excellent. I would say this hotel is very good and I guess they need to learn a bit to make it perfect. If you get it for a maximum of $180 to $200 it is ok more than this is a little overpriced. I would definitely stay again there if I have the occasion within the price target I have. Remember the location is excellent you have plenty of activities within walking distance, restaurants , shops and bars. In conclusion, I was very happy with the parking and the reception team, the beauty of the hotel and the location, something was missing more in details I guess with time they will make it perfect.

2 Thank pdnirc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is really wonderful. Impressive from the time you pull into valet, and when you walk into the lobby. I think this would be a great place to host any occasion or event. The room was good sized and had a nice balcony, nice closet, and comfy bed. My only comment about the room was that the bathroom did not have a double sink (which I generally prefer). But everything else was great, the toiletries were nice, the pool and the exercise room were clean and nicely outfitted. My husband had a few drinks at the bar and thought it was also great.

The bellman and door staff were outstanding: friendly helpful and not pushy for a tip (of which we gave them a really good one when we left), by the way, they pool their tips.

My only issue was trying to get a late check-out. I tried the night before and was told to call at 7 AM. I think everyone else was told to call at 7AM also, because when I called I was told there were none left. Even after explaining our situation, I was not offered any help by the girl at the front desk, no offer of storing luggage or suggesting a place to freshen up before our lunch reservation. We ended up paying for a half day because we really needed the room until 2:30

Even given that, I would recommend the Alfond Inn and will stay here again whenever visiting the lovely town of Winter Park..

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor, pretty close to the elevator. Still it was quiet. If you want to spen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LMEZEN
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Tranquility and retreat in the middle of Winter Park. The neighborhood around the hotel is comforting and relaxing, and with many interesting restaurants. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Room setting is outstanding. Food is great. Very comfortable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a beautiful property. Lovely, clean, generous sized rooms, nice pool, friendly and accommodating staff.Amenities in the room are great. Coffee, fridge, etc. Highly recommend it! Nice bar. Fitness area is small.

Naples
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stay in hotels all around the word as you can see by the number of cities I've visited and so my experience is quite broad and my basis for comparison is considerable. One thing I have learned is that where there is a hotel whose foundation is a hospitality program at a local college the experience is often unmatched. Alfond Inn confirms this theory.

The hotel is gorgeous and quite new. The accommodations as stated by another traveler are world class. Rooms are not huge but are perfectly adequate and the bedding and other linens are outstanding. Staff is both courteous and friendly. The location of the Alfond is wonderful making it quite easy to walk to Park Street to enjoy the best of Winter Park.

There is little more that I can say without gushing. We did not have time to eat in the restaurant but plan to do so on our next visit as this was the first of many.

2 Thank rca2
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 2 May 2014

While the property itself, and the available services and amenities are everything you would expect from a hotel in this range, some of the staff seemed a tad inexperienced, bordering on unprofessional.

When we arrived, the valet staff was a little too all over us, but then there was nobody to open the front door for us when we proceeded to the front desk. Check-in was flawless, then we get to the room to find the maid sitting in it, watching TV. When standing in the courtyard, several employees could not agree on where smoking was or wasn't allowed...

The room was clean and spacious, the beds were very comfortable. However, the picture quality on the TV left a lot to be desired, and the bathroom was missing sufficient towel racks.

The artwork decorating the place was a refreshing change from the usually very generic and interchangeable decorations you find in hotels.

The best part about the hotel is the proximity to Park Avenue, a street in Winter Park full of excellent shops, bars, and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Carmel, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Finally world class accommodations has arrived in WInter Park. None of the tacky glitz ,just a great place to stay, dine or enjoy a drink a the beautiful bar.

We live in Winter Park and arranged a night for our son and wife ,as a respite ,while we took care of the grandchildren.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Park Plaza Hotel Winter Park
#2 of 2 in Winter Park
Central Business District
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

Been to The Alfond Inn? Share your experiences!