“Tasty Thai Food, great service”
Review of Thai Place

Thai Place
Ranked #76 of 347 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Loads of parking in the plaza lot. Terrific Service. Varied specials in addition to menu. Meals can be about $10. (and up). I enjoy the Peanut Curry. You may ask for mild, medium, hot, thai hot, or extra thai hot. I'll just say Thai hot was plenty of heat to handle. Perhaps downsize your heat, they have little server of sauces, pepper flakes, chopped peanuts to bring to your table to ADD to your dish if you wish. My husband tried a special, Thai Beef Chilli Jam and enjoyed it. ($17.95)

1  Thank shelley b

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We love Thai food. My husband and two children usually have our family meal here on Sunday nights. The kids love the chicken satay rice dishes. I love the green curry and pad Thai. All the standard dishes are served with efficiency and a smile. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very good Thai Food but area is not good to go in after dark. If you dont like spicy then be order mild.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant after work on a Friday night, a few weeks ago. I had made a reservation, since I was worried that they would be crazy-busy, but I needn't have bothered - the place was practically empty when we got there around 5:30. The atmosphere was lovely: relaxed and a little romantic. Service was perfect - friendly, attentive, and helpful without ever being intrusive. And the food was delicious! We shared the Tofu Satay for a starter, and it was wonderfully crispy - and the sauce it was served with was very tasty, as well. Husband and I both had Pad Thai (what can I say, we aren't very original), although I had mine with tofu and ordered it "mild", while my husband had his with pork and ordered it "medium spicy". I'm glad I went with mild for my spice, as the husband said it was a little spicier than he was expecting, although he still liked it. And mine was perfect, too. Very flavorful. Note: you can ask for peanut sauce on the side (which I did), but there is an extra charge of $1.50 for it. Not a big deal to me, especially considering their peanut sauce was so delicious I wanted to pick up the little bowl and drink it! (I didn't.) We both had the Thai iced tea to drink, and that, too, was delicious. What can I say - everything about this experience was great! The place is a little hard to find, as others have said, but if you're in the mood for a great meal and great service in a lovely atmosphere, you can't do much better than this place.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is probably the best Thai meal I have had in a very long time. Having stopped here with friends before a movie, I was not sure what to expect. However the service was lovely, the food delicious and the price extremely reasonable.

I ordered the coconut shrimp for a starter which was simply delicious! It tasted exactly how it should and the dipping sauce complimented it perfectly. I then had the honey glazed duck for a main and that was just amazing. It looked and smelled absolutely delicious and the taste did not let me down.

I would not say this is the absolute best meal I have ever eaten but it certainly is the best THAI meal I have had in a very long time. I recommend a visit!