“Good Place - Works Well for a Business Lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dexter's in Winter Park

Dexter's in Winter Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Dexter's in Winter Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 329 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With four locations in the Central Florida area, Dexter's is a favorite for wine and food enthusiasts. Dexter's offers signature dishes with a seasonally changing Café Menu. Our menu items are unique and inspired by our Chefs at all of our locations. Having started out as a wine bar, Dexter's is known for having an extensive wine list that is always reasonably priced. Each Dexter's location has it's own personality and there is something for everyone that visits our stores. From live music and wine pairing dinners to happy hours and a brunch that was voted best in Central Florida, Dexter's is the place to enjoy great food, drinks and atmosphere.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Place - Works Well for a Business Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Dined at Dexter’s recently and enjoyed my salad with grilled chicken. Other members of my party liked their fish or fish-inspired dishes as well.

Good place for a business lunch (size of tables, spacing of tables within restaurant, and speed of service).

Our waiter was attentive and helpful with menu suggestions.

• Visited October 2013

Ovideo fl
“What is with Blowing your eardrums out in Winter Park”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stopped at Dexter's for Dinner when another place was not available. I could not believe how loud it was... The food was unique and I have to say not to bad for what I ordered (Grilled Sandwich) everyone seemed to like the food from the menu. The specials for the night seemed intriguing however were way over priced which kept us all to the regular menu. Also 12.95 for a cocktail is way to steep...
I would possibly return but only if they offered a dome of silence to have a conversation with people at your table.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dphins51
Winter Park, Florida
“We're local and this is our most frequented restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Way above average food but not so rich you can't eat here every night. Thoughtful menu by innovative chef. Great wines, fairly priced and full liquor bar. Good parking. Rarely wait for a table. Service is only good.

CarolynInCT
“WILL BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Googled "best bloody mary in Orlando" and Dexter's came up. My girlfriend and I went on Labor Day and sat at the bar. We ordered our drinks and even ended up ordering some food. We made new friends at the bar with patrons and the bartenders and the servers as well seeing as how we were sitting right at the end of the bar near the kitchen. The owner even chatted us up. It was a fantastic day. I noticed the mushroom quiche w/ goat cheese and skirt steak w/ bernaise sauce after I had eaten so I made a mental note to come back next Sunday brunch w/ my boyfriend. We did come back and I ordered it-FANTASTIC!

They have $1 burger nights on Tuesday and would love to check that out as well. They have another location in Thornton Park and I haven't eaten there but the Bloody Mary's in Thornton Park are TO DIE FOR!
A+ Dexter's!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarolynInCT
Orlando, Florida
“This is not a good place to have a conversation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have spent quite a bit of time at this location over a period of several years. However, I have not visited much lately. They have a band several nights a week, and it's just too loud to have a conversation inside. What was once a relatively quiet meeting place has become a rock-n-roll club. They seem to draw a good crowd, but it's not for me.

The food is still good.