“Fine, not up to ratings”
Review of The Ravenous Pig

The Ravenous Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ravenous Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 333 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Orlando 17-92
Connecticut
“Fine, not up to ratings”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here last week. While the food was very good, I would not be in any hurry to rush back. I have certainly had better. As to decor, there really is none. The restaurant was certainly somewhat on the noisy side. There is evidently no dress code. Jeans are fine, and I saw two women whose dress would not have been out of place at a downtown nightclub, or at Hooters.
The waiter was excellent, but for knocking over my water glass. In all honesty he really was excellent.
We had biscuits for an appetizer. Excellent. Pig's belly, which was good.
For entrees, my wife has fish which she described as average. I had pork, which was very good. At 20 ounces, it was too large! But no other portion size was offered. With one drink for each (we split the biscuits and belly) final tab was $125. Too high for what we received. A good meal, not great.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Soxfan56

Charleston, SC
“Best salad ever--Gatherer Salad with salmon”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I think I may have had the best salad of my life...the gatherer salad with salmon. Loved the combinations of flavors and textures...radishes, pistachios, baby lettuces, beets, goat cheese, avocado, pistachios, herb vinaigrette.

The Ravenous Pig is in the South...they need a lesson on how to make iced tea. Mine was weak, watery, no flavor. Anyone can make iced tea (except in New England where they use instant)...it's just boiling water and inserting tea bag...what the Ravenous Pig did with the salad was truly magical so they get a top rating.

• Visited August 2014
Maitland, Florida
“Best in Central Florida”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is my VERY favorite restaurant! This is the place I think of for a special occasion. When someone comes into town--I call Ravenous Pig!! If you are visiting Winter Park, do not miss this one!!

Visited June 2014
Orlando, FL, USA
“Worth 1 (or 2) visits”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a farewell dinner for a special colleague. The 3 of us enjoyed our meal, had good service, and paid $175 for 3 people. (2 had one glass of wine, 1 had water; we each had a main dish; we each had a dessert). The food was good. I wouldn't say great, but it was good. I wasn't dying for the recipe afterward, now was I wondering what spice they had added, etc. In other words, it tasted good, but I would not rave about my main dish. Neither of my colleagues raved about theirs. The place is VERY popular, and the noise level was similar to Dexter's in Orlando: LOUD. My one lasting impression was the server, who -- bless his heart -- upon hearing that none of us had eaten there before (he asked), went out of his way to talk and then talk and then talk. The best server is one who takes orders, offers explanations when asked or when customers look confused, and brings the food. In other words, we should not remember that person. Our guy talked so much that at one point I just looked down and stared at my menu, hoping he'd pick up the clue. I can handle one overzealous server, but we wanted to visit with each other, not with the server. Food was good, service was less than good but prompt, desserts were OUTSTANDING, and the price for what we got was too much. Many friends have spoken about this place, so I'm glad that I finally went.

• Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Very Interesting menu, excellent service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night and it is a different menu, with lots of interesting choices. I started off with their Old Fashioned cocktail, infused with bacon. It was very good, and strong, their signature cocktail.

Very nice atmosphere. We sat inside, though they have a nice area outside. We were near the kitchen and restrooms, so it was a little noisy. It didn't help that the group next to us had a very loud talker, you could hear his entire conversation!

The menu has fish, chicken, steak, pork, and a veggie choice. The NY Strip Steak is a favorite, but they were running low by the time we ordered. I had the fish, with lentils. It was one of two fish entree's. For appetizers we tried the duck, which was good, and the pork belly which I thought was outstanding. The pork entree is another signature dish, but it's a lot to eat, so if you are hungry, go for it!

I had desert, a Tapioca variety. They were the biggest tapioca I've ever seen, but it was very good. Their wine list is very good, with a good variety of white wines, which you don't see everywhere. We had a nice Sauvignon Blanc, reasonably priced.

The pricing was higher than I expected, but we had cocktails, appetizers, and desert, as well as a bottle of wine. Some of the entree's are high, particularly the NY Strip.

But I really liked the place, and the service was very good. I like a menu with unique items, and reasonable portions. So take a look at their menu on-line to make sure there is something you'd like to try.

Visited August 2014