An Ode to the Florida Hotel, Yulee, FL
How do I loathe thee, let me count the ways:
1. Newly Renovated! REALLY?!?!?!?!
2. No pool.
3. No phones in room.
4. No dresser in room.
5. No closet bar to hang clothes.
6. No refrigerator. (Optional)
7. No microwave. (Optional)
8. Hot & cold faucets backwards on sink.
9. Faucets in shower barely work. Did have a new shower head!
10. Water smelled like sulfur, couldn’t drink or shower.
11. Black mold that had been painted over and was still showing up around the repair and in between tiles in shower.
12. Room numbers missing on most rooms, so you have to find a room with numbers and count from there to find your room.
13. Smoke detector was only half way up wall.
14. Lobby was locked with no one in lobby. I had to call a number and wait for the attendant to come to the lobby. BTW, I think he was the only one working at the Hotel.
15. I have been on the road as a salesman, all over the country, for 38+yrs. and never been in a motel/hotel THIS BAD.
16. No maid service to change towels or make bed.
17. So much static on TV that you almost couldn’t watch.
18. NOTHING around the Hotel for miles. Pizza delivery had a $4 delivery charge just to come to that Hotel.
19. Reservation says under MEALS: “Breakfast included in room rate.” REALLY?!?!? Where?!?!?!
20. Probably should have slept in the car!
21. Hotel rating should be a negative 10 stars!!
This reservation was made on 6/30/14. On 7/13/14 I received a call from the Hotel saying “My Credit Card had been declined!” and they wanted me to give them a CC over the phone. I wasn’t about to give someone that I didn’t know that over the phone without checking into it further. They said they couldn’t hold the room, for the 17th &18th, without the CC. I could understand this, but I knew that my CC was good, so I wanted a better explanation from Priceline. I called and was told that the reservation was actually made thru Booking.Com, their “Sister” company and was given their number. I called them and found out that my reservation had been sent to the Hotel the day that I made the reservation, but the Hotel didn’t process it in the time allotted by Booking.Com, so they blank out the CC information on the reservation for my protection. I called the Hotel and asked what the CC number was that they were trying to process, and they said it was “BLANK”. I explained to the attendant THAT is different than being DECLINED. The person didn’t seem to understand or care. Booking.com said that they did business with the Hotel and it was OK to give them my CC information, so I did. Upon checking in, on the 17th, I was told that my room wasn’t paid for and my CC had been DECLINED again and I needed to give a CC for it. I looked at the information that was sent to the Hotel about my reservation from Booking.Com and saw that my CC information had been written in at the bottom, obviously from the call I made to the Hotel to secure the room. They still had not tried to process the CC. The CC information was in plain sight for anyone to see, which upset me greatly. I was shown that the owner had written “Room not paid for” at the bottom of the page. The owner wasn’t there and wouldn’t be for a week. It was an extremely awful experience and would advise anyone wanting to stay there to “RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN”!!! (Priceline Booking #: 650.489.203)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the First Hotel in Florida off the I-95. This hotel is pet friendly, family friendly hotel between Jacksonville and Georgia. The Florida Hotel is conveniently located near Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, Okefenoke Swamp Park and Kingsland. Visit local attractions including beaches, golf courses, camping and Fort Clinch State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Florida Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida Hotel Yulee