“Great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Yulee
Canton, North Carolina
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn while attending the Fernandina Beach Shrimp Festival. The price was VERY reasonable, and worth the drive each day (plus saving ALOT of $$$ by not staying at the motels in town). Convenient to I-95, very quiet, with nice large rooms. The front desk folks were VERY pleasant and accomodating. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Paris, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn last weekend, just walked in and asked them their rate. I had AAA so they gave me a dicount on the room, had a large free breakfast. The rooms were modern and clean. Had free wifi and a laundry room for guests, great for long trips! I will be staying here on my drive back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I needed a place to stay for 1 week while visiting my family in Fernandina Beach. I called all the local hotels and told them I needed a room for 7 days, hoping to get a discounted price. This hotel offered me a cheaper rate because I was staying with them for so long! I normally have to pay extra at bigger hotels for internet access for work, at this hotel I had free internet everyday. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel staff and the quality of the rooms. They had new modern furniture and carpeting in the rooms. It looks like they are updating the entire hotel, but I was not disturbed at all or inconvenienced. I had to stay in a hotel room for 7 days, but never felt like I was living out of a suitcase. All the staff recognized me and always greeted me with my name which made me feel great :) The manager left me a note and a gift bag of free toiletries like toothpaste and shave gel and snacks because I was staying with them for several days. Everyday I had a hearty breakfast of eggs, fruit, and oatmeal. They also had a waffle machine! I have diabetes, and they had sugar free waffle syrup! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for great customer service and a good night's rest. You get a lot of bang for your buck.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was surprised with how nice this Comfort Inn was. I was exhausted and wanted to find a hotel that was clean and safe! Great value for the price, and it was clean and comfortable. The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud, but other than that it was a great stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
United States
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is an average, affordable place to stay for one night during a road trip when you're doing the I-95 thing. It is very convenient, as well as close to the highway and eating establishments. I found the place to be very clean and quiet, and received a good night's sleep.

The facility and room itself appeared clean, and everything I needed in a hotel of this nature was provided. I had no problems whatsoever with the facility and room. It was worth the money, and I would definitely stay here again during my travels. The breakfast offerings were pretty average, and what you would expect from a Comfort Inn.

Customer service was excellent, and Pratish at the front desk did a great job checking me in and out. He was very helpful and professional. Keep up the good work dude!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here last year (2012) on our trip back north and were very pleased with our experience so we decided to book another stay. What a difference a year makes! Maybe there is new management, but our experience was the complete opposite of our prior pleasant stay.

The bedding and furniture were older and worn, as we're the bathroom fixtures. The towels weren't even as good as those that I use for cleaning at home. They were grayish in color and so worn that the face cloth was "see through" and the edges of the bath towels were completely frayed (not just a little but the whole side).

We had booked a two night stay so that we could explore Amelia Island. When we returned to our room after the day we discovered that our room had not been serviced. When I went to the desk to complain, I received a perfunctory apology and was handed a pile of gray, frayed towels.

There is free wi-fi but in order to log on you had to watch a promo for a Billy Crystal movie. Unfortunately, the signal strength wasn't strong enough so that the video kept freezing which forced you to start all over again. It would take 3 or 4 attempts to log on before you were connected to the Internet ( this was true for both my I Pad and my husband's notebook)

When I checked out the following morning, the clerk at the desk was somewhat brusque - she did not ask that standard question "how was your stay", and just handed me my receipt. When I asked if I could mail a postcard, she replied "in the box out the door to the left" and went back to what she was doing. (I discovered that the mailbox she was referring to was at the end of the entrance into the parking lot).

I cannot believe that's this was the same hotel that I had stayed in a year earlier. Everything - the room and the staff service - was just awful. I will be finding another hotel for next year's trip along I 95.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eztraveler49
ComfortInnYulee, General Manager at Comfort Inn Yulee, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear eztraveler49,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you found the level of service you received from our front desk team less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you once more in the near future.
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

We just spent an EXCELLENT, restful night at the Comfort Inn at the Yulee, FL exit off I-95. The hotel is tastefully decorated, with new carpeting and fresh paint. The building was clean and well tended, our room and the breakfast area were spotless. We were greeted by a cheerful young lady who set us up with a quiet room and recommended a good restaurant for a quick, tasty, but not fast food dinner. Our bed was obviously new, firm, but not hard, and very comfortable. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn menu-plenty of choices so that even if you are on the road for days at a time you can have variety. We were just passing through, and didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well kept too. All-in-all you just can't ask for much more. We travel this way fairly often and we will add this motel to our itinerary from now on.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yulee
Best Western Plus First Coast Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Yulee
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Comfort Inn Yulee? Share your experiences!