“Good Steak and Beer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Vernon, New Jersey
“Good Steak and Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Had a very nice lunch and a dinner there. Great for sports with many tv's, cold beer, a very attractive and friendly lunch waitress!

Visited March 2012

Long Island, NY
“casual dining at its best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stopped in to sample their 'lemon' chicken wings at the incidence of my sister that they are crazy good. Ordered them (lg) and traditional med. hot wings (sm), beer and a side salad ($2.49). Found both varieties of wings 'ok'; have definitely had meatier one, and definiately had lesser quality ones. The side salad was really good. Fresh, much larger than I'd expected, with red onion (sister ordered her's w/out that), tomoato and croutons, along with what looked like pre-shredded, or pkged, cheddar cheese. Ordered Italian dressing on the side. Was assured that's what was brought to me, athough it looked more like Russian or French even. Tasted fine but not like Italian. However, the beer (ordered a pitcher of yengling) was delish and cold and the mugs were frozen! Not a normal beer drinker ('cept need to with wings) I found the beverage exceptional! Waitress (Sam) was friendly and 'real'; good service. Lots of tv's throughout so you can see a game from any seat in the house. Lighting wasn't dark like a lot of pub-type eateries, which I liked. It wasn't bright at all, but just right. I'd say go for a casual meal, try the wings yourself (btw, ordered medium and they were really more mild than medium, although I am used to eating medium and even hot wings), definitely get a pitcher of beeer if you like beer, and I think you'll have a good expereince. I'd go back, but don't have a strong desire to do so too soon. (The best part of the night just might have been the zeppoles we got from the pizza joint next door for dessert. Coming from Lawn Guyland, we know zeppoles. These were better than the ones home if you prefer yours not greasy; these were NOT THE LEAST BIT GREASY, powdered sugared to the hilt and light.... a real show stopper for the end of our meal. THIS, I recommend you do too...)

• Visited July 2011
Zephyrhills, Florida
“A decent place to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

It seemed like a rather slow night when i went there last night with my boyfriend , our server was very nice .. the sweet tea was really good & the food was very good too, everything came out just the way we asked, and the bathrooms were clean . The only bad thing to say is the location of the restaurant ..its well hidden and pushed off to the side where noone could really see it .

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Southern Illinois
“Skip this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

The beer was good. The hot wings were fine. There were lots of croutons and very little dried-out chicken on the grilled chicken Caesar salad . Some of the lettuce was black around the edges. When a complaint was made that there was hardly any chicken on the salad, we were informed that there was 4 oz. of chicken measured out for each salad and, sorry, but that's it. Being a weight watcher, I know what four ounces of chicken looks like, and this was more like one ounce, and that in tiny dried-out chunks. We were shocked that they wouldn't try to please us, so we sent the salad back and had it removed from our check. Based on our experience, we would never recommend this place except for drinking.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
tampa, fl
“yeach!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2008

ok, it was a little after 9pm on a sunday and i had not had dinner. i said to my daughter lets go out and eat. so we went to "beefs". that was a mistake. with all the chains surrounding me i thought that we'd give this place a try. the onion rings and mushrooms were greasy, to the extent that the breading fell off both the items. the hamburg i orderd was well done when i ordered medium. my kids taco salad was supposed to have olives on the side (they were for me, she doesn't like them) and they were chopped up in the salad. but on the brite side she said her coffee was good and my coke with lemon on the side was spot on. the server was attentive also, which was nice since there were only 3 tables taken. never again!