“All American”

Magnuson Hotel Zephyrhills
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Zephyrhills
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed two nights with my young grandchildren, and I was very impressed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the exterior was very well maintained, and the pool was awesome!
The only caveat was the toilet seat, could have used a replacement, but t was clean!
The kids loved the swing in the gazebo by the pool.
Will stay again if we are back that way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We been staying here for the last 13+ years visiting family and this is still our first choice in Zephyrhills. We have tried the other chain motels here and service and value is still the best at Magnuson. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and there was no gap under the door and, unlike another interior hallway motel in Zephyrhills, did not allow lizards in. It has the best and largest motel pool in town. The continental breakfast (included) is spare, only bagels, cereal and pre-packaged pasries, but did include make your own belgian waffles. Bathroom is small. The fan on the ac unit does not stay on when the compressor stops once the set temprature is met, so it kept cycling on and off all night. The fan helps to mask road noise which I notice, but the rest in my party do not.

Room Tip: Smoking and non smoking rooms are available and are separated. All rooms face pool, but not a probl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BlueNebula
Reviewed 18 July 2013

No frills, but decent, would stay again. Convenient to everything, clean and quiet. Front desk and room staff are friendly and courteous. Felt safe during stay. Was an older group staying which was annoying in the mornings trying to get breakfast... they love breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Terry G
Reviewed 19 March 2013

On March 16, 2013 my family and I checked into this Hotel It had very good customer reviews on the big travel internet sites. So we did book the reservation at about $80.00 per night. When we got to the hotel my wife noticed that there was what looked to be a "women of the night" checking in paying in CASH so that was our first warning we then proceeded to our room and upon entering the room there was a musty smell. Once in the room I proceeded to the bathroom it was the size of a small closet no room at all after that my son came up from the car into the room and peeled back the comforter from his bed it had stains and the sheets also had stains on it. YUCK!! I had my wife go back to the front office and let them know that the room was unacceptable and that we were checking out after about 10 minutes of arguing they told my wife okay we will let you check out not charge you for the night. I did check my bank and they did charge us but we did call our bank the next day and fixed it. To end this true story on a good note we did find a Quality Inn just down the road that was more expensive but it was worth every penny..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MarcusF70
linker, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Zephyrhills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Sorry that you had expected a 5 star hotel for an $80.00 price. We are a small family owned and operated business and we all take pride in our jobs and in our property. This was the 1 and only complaint that we had this year about any room. Yes, our bathrooms are small, but they do what they were built for.

As far as I know, CASH is still an acceptable way to pay for things and please don't insult a woman checking in and assume she is a "women of the night" as you had posted.

We do not pay or compensate for our reviews and are grateful for all of our customers.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here seven nights the end of December 2012. The hotel is convenient to everything, very clean and quiet, and the front desk and room staff are very friendly and courteous. The Magnuson will be our first choice when staying in Zephyrhills. Check out the waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary N
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Our stay was nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was a little on the small size but the microwave and the larger size bar fridge were nice. Breakfast was alright, it had the basics nothing special. The room was clean and the bed was good.

Would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank WobblyCanada
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting family in Zephyrhills. Our stay was pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. For the price the hotel was good. The bathroom was a little tight and the selection in the breakfast was minimal however it was nice to have breakfast included....it was good enough I am not really a big breakfast eater anyway! We booked through hotels.com and if we had booked directly with the hotel it would have been even cheaper. Next time I will call the hotel directly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IDtrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zephyrhills
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills
#6 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 8 in Wesley Chapel

Been to Magnuson Hotel Zephyrhills? Share your experiences!