“Staff is unfriendly”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bainbridge
Valdosta, Georgia
“Staff is unfriendly”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is about 2 years old and is furnished nicely. However, the staff is unfriendly and uncaring. They didn't greet guest during the day. Several of my co-works stayed here over the course of 3 weeks. Upon arrival of the first week, three rooms were unclean (we checked in at 5:30 pm). During the course of the stay, two different co-workers had to change rooms because of bugs. On Fridays, only half of us would receive our bills under the door, and when we called, we were told "Oh, you can just come down and get it". They never offered an apology when something was wrong. If there were any other hotels here with inside corridors, we would have moved. Several nights people were on the patio talking loudly, when I called the front desk to complain, it took a while for them to answer, I believe they were on the patio also. Housekeeping service was awful. I came into my room one afternoon and found a beer bottle cap on the floor. I don't drink and the cap wasn't there when I left that morning! It is a shame that such a nice facility has such poor customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MsStaceyPowell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Your stay was not enjoyable and we are sincerely sorry for this. It is our goal to ensure total guest satisfaction and we fell short providing you this during your visit. Feel free to contact me on your next visit so I can monitor your stay and ensure your able to kick back and relax with a more enjoyable stay!
Thank you for sharing & taking the time to bring these areas of improvement to my attention.
-Stacey Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The room is very clean and comfortable and I love the bedding, which isn't overly warm like the Hampton comforters. The staff have all been very nice. The weight room only has two treadmills and a bicycle, but the hotel gives free passes to the YMCA--an old facility with a good pool and aerobics-equipment room and a so-so weight room. The hotel's pool heater is "broken" again, which I discovered after shopping for a bathing suit. There aren't many healthy breakfast options, with the only fruit being greenish bananas. I think there was one non-sugary cold cereal (luckily I brought my own) and some packets of instant oatmeal and grits, plus some hard-boiled eggs. I was spoiled at a Hampton Inn last week with a crockpot of regular oatmeal and toppings of shaved almonds and dried fruit!

In the past we have stayed at the Bainbridge Days Inn, which I believe is better value (about half the price). However this is a newer and nicer hotel with more comfortable beds. Where will we go the next time we're in town? I honestly don't know.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alive2332
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us at Bainbridge, Ga.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Im sorry the pool heater was still out during your stay. It has taken us longer than expected to resolve the problem preventing the heater to operate correctly.

After I read your review I reviewed our Breakfast Bar items keeping your thoughts in mind. Our Breakfast Bar is a Brand standard bar. We only have a few optional choices that we can change. I was able to change out one of our cereals for a new healthier, Honey Nut Granola cereal. I tested it personaly and I give it two thumbs up! I really love it mixed in our yogurt.

Im glad you were able to take advantage of our partnership with YMCA . It is a old building however they are getting ready for a renovation.
We look forward to ur next visit us again. My goal is to have the pool nice and warm when you do.

Thanks again,
Stacey Powell, General Manager
East Sussex
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The hotel is fairly new and everything still in good condition. The only small hiccup was the swimming pool heater had failed on the day we arrived - a shame it looked like a nice pool to enjoy after 2 days travelling.

We received a very warm welcome, with nice recommendations of where to eat. We were very happy with the Mexican 2 minutes walk from the hotel. The room was quiet and spotlessly clean, with good free WiFi.

Breakfast was good with friendly helpful staff.

The staff were very helpful in the morning when I misslaid something, and helped me find it.

There has been a few reviews complaining about the staff - I have nothing but praise for their attitude and helpfullness.

I would recoomend the hotel to anyone.

The hotel is totally smoke free - a great recommendation in my book.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Micheal,
A Thank you is long over do for you taking the time to praise my staff. Giving credit where credit is due is the cheapest yet most powerful gift you can give someone.

Im so sorry the pool heater was out during your visit. We have had a hard time finding the problem so we can get it repaired. My goal is to have it nice and warm for your next visit.

It was our pleasure to be your choice of hotel while visiting Bainbridge.
Thank you Micheal for staying smart and sharing your visit with others.
-Stacey Powell
Athens
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express makes this the best hotel in town, by a wide margin. The place is fairly new and far better than the other options in Bainbridge, GA. The management has on several occassions have gone out of their way to make all of our family's guests feel right at home. No reason to even consider another Hotel/Motel in Bainbridge. Thanks to the entire HI Staff!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2011

What a nice hotel! Didn't know Bainbridge had such a nice place.. My room was great and the breakfast area was awesome.. Great selection of food and it was nicely decorated.. The room was very nice and very quiet.. Thanks Mike

• Stayed December 2011
MsStaceyPowell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your photos and recommend our hotel to others. We take great pride in keeping our hotel new and clean. Im so glad to hear you enjoyed our Smart Start Hot Breakfast Bar. It is always rewarding to know guest recongnize and appreciate all the extras we do. Happy Holidays! - Stacey Powell GM
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I spent two days at this hotel and was treated like royalty. The front desk was always helpful. My room was well stocked and very comfortable. Convenient to everything. Will make this my stay when I am in South Georgia. Love the pool and exercise room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Climax, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2011

very friendly /helpful staff VERY CLEAN rooms staff was very helpful, very polite at front desk

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your thoughts about our Hotel. We all take great pride providing customer service & strive to become a Great Hotel that Guest Love! Happy Holidays- Stacey Powell GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Bainbridge
#1 of 2 in Donalsonville
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#1 of 2 in Quincy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge? Share your experiences!