“Pool out... Thin walls... Choices limited in Bainbridge”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bainbridge
Georgia
“Pool out... Thin walls... Choices limited in Bainbridge”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Travel frequently for business... Marriott Platnium member... No Marriott in Bainbridge... So, tag you are it... This is best Bainbridge has to offer, so if that is what you seek, read no further...

At check-in 7pm pool area dark... Ask front desk, pool out, no date for re-open... No notice on HI website... Well ya suckered me there... Don't you want to go to YMCA with free passes? I must have looked like the "cop" from the Village People.... But not interested in driving to use hotel amenities that should be open...

Lobby and room clean... But can clearly hear conversation in next room.... Great, no pool, no nap.... Seems like all guests crowded on one side (left)... Why not space them out to reduce noise effect?

If back on business, I guess I'm stuck.... But if you are a member of the Village People and used to loud concerts... This is your place...

Room Tip: Ask to be away from other guests
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank McMunn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear McMunn,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while visiting family during Thanksgiving. The hotel is new, in a great location, and the staff was very friendly. The room was also very spacious. There was also an inviting indoor pool but we didn't get a chance to use it. You will not go wrong staying here.

Stayed December 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I checked in on a Sat. in March of this year.I clearly told the front desk clerk I would be using points as my reservation stated.She was more involved in playing with her phone than doing her job.We went to check put the next morning,and found that the hotel stay was charged against my debit card,which took the funds out of my account.Not the obligatory 50.00 for incidentals mind you,but the room rate for a Sat.night stay,and the 50.00.It would have been understandable if some one had been available to rectify the situation.Unfortunately Lindsey the GM could not be reached at all.All day Sunday to refund my money.On Monday Lindsey finally called me to try to rectify the situation around noon.Too little too late.Management at this location needs training in customer service,and should be able to be reached in situations like this ....period.Obviously the lack of training goes down the line to the employees,at least the one that checked me in.The front desk clerk on Sun. morning was great and told me she would rectify it as soon as possible.Trying to call ,text,e-mail Lindsey most of the day to no avail.
And I tried Corporate also,and was sent to the hotel for refunds.
Sad too because it was a nice room.
My advice stay at one of the other hotels in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bchapman1967
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear bchapman1967,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the billing concerns prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see you have contacted our Customer Care department soon after your stay for assistance. We were also pleased to see your positive comments on the room as well as your high scores for Rooms and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Not sure if the lobby was recently remodeled, but it was beautiful, light and airy and very welcoming. Desk clerk was super nice and helpful. Allowed us to park motorcycles under the awning when rain was forecast. Breakfast was great and fresh. Would recommend it for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have stayed at HI Express in the past and were leased. This one was VERY nice. The lobby looked upscale and everything was really clean. We met friends and requested rooms close to one another which we were assigned - the problem was that our friends room was 80 degrees and the A/C would not come on to cool it off. Could be b/c it was in the 40's or 50's outside and it just would not come on. - there was not a window that would open so they were moved to a "Suite" down the hall at no additional charge. NICE room. Our room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was typical "free breakfast" - ok & filling with a good selection of items.
We were visiting family in the FL panhandle and unfortunately it was FSU homecoming weekend so the local hotels were double the normal price and we looked a bit out of the way for rooms ... we were very pleased!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Last minute I decided to attend family funeral due to me working. Funeral on Saturday 3pm so I decided to leave Saturday am arriving around 11 am so I booked late Friday hoping for the best due to check in 3pm. I explain situation of course was told could not guarantee but would do there best. So I took a chance paid and noted early check in. Well when I arrived I was told they don't do early check-in so again I explained. The gentleman look up information and called housekeeping I didn't wait informed gentleman I would go Wal-Mart across street and would be back. Before I left he gave me room key and mention to stop at desk on my return. 30 min later I return know need to stop he informed me too enjoy my stay. I am so thankful staff went out of way I just finish driving 500 miles and still needed to get ready for funeral. Thank You! Hotel was A1 when you enter you smell clean with a nice fragrance scent. Room was well maintain and CLEAN A plus to housekeeping. Pool, fitness room, property everything was wonderful. Breakfast was good also. Yes cost is alittle more then others but every dime was worth it. If you must stay in this area hands down this is the one and only. Thanks again to all the staff I encountered 3 different shifts employees I must say they all had smiles every time good staff is hard to find in hotel industry but you guys. hit. it out the park :-)

• Stayed September 2013
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 17 September 2013

What was that step? Bathroom smell. When I walked into the bathroom, which looked very clean, it had a slight-to-moderate smell of urine. Otherwise, it looked nice and updated with a toilet that appeared clean but there needs to be a little better attention to detail. Were it not for this and a few other minor points, I would give this place 5 circles.

Upon arrival, the printer wasn't working well so I had to come back to sign for the room. Next problem was that the room access card was not working. I had to go back down to get it fixed.

The room has a larger sized mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker--a bit more than the standard rooms. Space was a good size. Bed, room decor, furnishings were all nice. Room itself smelled fine. Hotel TV is standard cable so you don't always end up at the hotel channel when turning it on--nice bonus.

Room AC was a touch loud but nothing terrible. Also the fan in the bathroom has a timer type system on it so that when you turn off the lights, it still takes a minute or so for the fan to turn off. And the fan was kind of loud also. Shower pressure seemed a little weak but again, nothing excessive.

All in all, for the price, this place was good. A few changes and it could be a very nice room in any city. For what it's worth, my colleague stayed at an inn very nearby and said it was a rough place to stay to say the least.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear tantheman,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the bathroom has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Bainbridge
#1 of 2 in Donalsonville
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#1 of 2 in Quincy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge? Share your experiences!