“BEWARE!!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lamar Inn & Suites

Lamar Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnesville
Trenton
“BEWARE!!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is the very worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I stayed two nights with my daughter and I booked it online because it seemed alright. I should of been more diligent and read more reviews about this place. First the room was a smoking room because my daughter smokes and I was accommodating her when I booked it. I did expect it to smell somewhat like smoke. I did not expect it to be dirty with cigarette butts on the bathroom floor and on the carpet. The housekeeper picked up the butts but did not vacuum up the ashes. That was really disgusting. The bathroom was dirty. The smoke detector had been removed and even though there were sprinklers, I thought maybe the state of Georgia did not require mandatory smoke alarms like other states do. I did not feel very safe there. The housekeeper watched 2 people leave the room (me and my daughter) and yet left one towel in there. The worst part of it all was I was double charged for the room and learned of it when I checked my bank account by telephone which was a hassle in itself because there is almost no cell phone reception inside and it is hard even outside to get good reception. At almost midnight the night clerk had to call the owner when I informed them of such. She said she would call her bank Tuesday morning to see if that was true and if it was she would see to it I would get my money back. Today my bank is working on getting my money back from a double charge and I was informed by my banker that the owner said it would take between 5-7 days for my money to be reversed. I have no idea how many other people are being double charged but I suggest everyone double check their bank statements and to use a credit card instead of a debit card like I did. I budget my money but I did not budget in a double charge of a hotel room for 2 nights which made it hard financially going home and for the next week while I wait for my money to be returned to my account.

• Stayed May 2011

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I have to say I agree with the reviewer who wrote "horrible, horrible, horrible." I stayed here a few years ago, when the hotel was Comfort Inn, and thought, "oh, it's not that bad" when I read that review. But it is. It's gotten worse. I reserved my room online, but when I arrived, I was told that room was not available. In fact, there were no other rooms available but smoking ones. But, wait! There was one single room available -- only one in the entire hotel, apparently -- for $10 more. When I complained, they reduced the extra fee to $5 more. Quite frankly, I've been exploited -- for chump change. It's not the extra fee that bugs me. It's the entire corrupt experience. So, if you're reading this review, and, like me, ignore the other negative reviews, plan on being exploited by the management.

Additionally, the room, while not quite dirty, isn't quite clean, either. There was no soap provided on the sink, and the shower area is older than I am and doesn't look pristine, either.

I won't come back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Barnesville hotels

Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed here for one night because a great restaurant is nearby (The Lighthouse in Milner). I booked it online with the Exp...company When we arrived we were told we should have called and we would have got it cheaper. In the room you can hear people walking upstairs. Everything in the room was old, especially the shower and small bathroom. They had a shampoo soft pack that I could not get open without a knife. The internet did work good but our cell phone, TMobile, had no signal in this area. The hotel is undergoing renovations and we had white flakes over our vehicles from the work but luckily it came off, and was not paint. The breakfast was the worst one I had seen in the past week at hotels. Coffee, cereal, bread and milk in a refrigerator, and pastries covered in a clear top, three each of four different kinds. It would have almost been nicer for them to give a coupon for a few dollars to go to the Huddle House in front of the hotel. The night we were there hardly any rooms were rented.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
freeport, florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

We were in Barnesville for the BBQ & Blues event. We needed to be close by. The room was filthy, There was mold all over the shower head, hair on the walls, spiders and webs in the corners, food and crumbs under furniture, dead little roaches along the walls. The one I loved best was the carpeted floorboards that was detached from the wall and had mold and bugs behind it. However, the sheets looked clean....thank you Lord for small blessings.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cleverbeagle
Vinnings, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

On November 20th I checked into this country style hotel and was very pleased to be treated nice. I was traveling to Barnesville for a work assignment with other colleagues who also stayed at the Lamar Inn & Suites. The management were very sweet and down to earth. We had no issues with the room or the service. My work assignment will end in March and my company has booked rooms for us at Lamar Inn & Suites because of thier great services.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

My colleagues and I came to Barnesville, GA for some business at Gordon College and we stayed at Lamar Inn and Suites. We were welcomed with astonishing customer service. They were very generous and very helpful. Also, our rooms were clean and pristine. I had no problems with my stay and I'm planning on coming back in January. I recommend this hotel to any business travelers. Also, they have a great continental breakfast and a perfect location.

I loved my experience at Lamar Inn & Suites!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2009

We were visiting some friends that lives in Barnesville, Ga and we checked into Lamar Inn and Suites. The staff were very sweet and very professional. Whatever we needed they helped us and the service was very good. And no there was not a single sign of bugs, rooms were not dirty they were very clean and very comfortable. We had a good experience at this motel and we would come back again and stay at the Lamar Inn.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnesville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Forsyth
High Falls Hide-A-Way
High Falls Hide-A-Way
#3 of 4 in Barnesville

Been to Lamar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!