“Nice,Quiet Stay”

Comfort Inn Blackshear
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blackshear
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I recently had an overnight stay at the Comfort Inn in Blackshear.We have been here before back in 2011.The hotel experience was just as nice now as it was back in 2011.The check in procedure was accomplished quickly and in a very friendly manner.Our room was clean and comfortable enough for 3 people.Mattress and pillows were firm and we got a good night's sleep.
Breakfast was standard hotel fare.This is a quiet location and the hotel is set back from Rt.84.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Peggy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! It's always great to have repeat guests. That tells us we are meeting our goals for great customer service and excellent accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Peggy Wall, G.M.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Blackshear

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at over 37 hotels from savannah to Macon and south to Valdosta. This hotel really makes the effort to give you a first rate stay. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spotless and bathrooms are also. I have a solar company and at the end of a scorching hot day I really just want to relax and cool down and this is the place to do it. They make you feel as if your coming home. Definitely on my list to stay when I'm anywhere near the area, I'd drive an extra hour out of my way to stay here and will. Cost is great for experience. You won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Backriver1
Peggy W, Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

It was so nice speaking with you at the front desk. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and hope it will be the first of many stays with us. Thank you so much for your kind remarks and the wonderful recommendation! We hope to see you again very soon!

Peggy Wall, GM

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I travel to Blackshear, GA monthly on business. The folks at the Comfort Inn are very friendly, and so accommodating. The rooms are spotless! I am delighted to have the mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker there in the room. I was also impressed with the fitness center. It, too, is very clean, and has four different pieces of fitness equipment. It is a pleasure to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Peggy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Barbara, thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We are so thankful for the friendship that has developed through your stays with us! We all look forward to your visits and are so happy that you are comfortable staying with us when you are in Blackshear. It's quite a change of pace from Atlanta, isn't it? We hope to see you again soon, Barbara!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was also at the Ladies Retriever Retreat and was amazed at the great hotel accomodations. Going to a small town and a dog event usually means a very old hotel. This one looks brand new. Love having the mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker in the room. Everything was sparkling clean. The staff was welcoming and effecient even with a big group of women and dogs coming and going. They even had breakfast ready early. Has hot items like biscuit and gravy, eggs.

I had room 111 and it was easy access to a side door to take the dog out, and I never heard the train!

Thanks again for welcoming our large group of ladies and our big dogs. Not many hotels would be so friendly. We really appreciate it and I will be sure to stay here again when I'm back for another event!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Peggy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review! We really did enjoy having all you girls here for the weekend. Can you believe how COLD it got while y'all were here??? I'm glad the weather did not interfere with your fun or the ability to still get outside and work with the dogs. We look forward to having you all stay again when you are in our area. Come often!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here for a weekend ladies hunting dog retreat in Patterson. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. My room had a microwave, mini fridge and desk. It was very roomy. Everyone I dealt with at the front desk was very nice. They even started breakfast an hour earlier than scheduled since we all had to leave before it was supposed to be served. Next time I come back to the area, I will be staying here with my dog. My only issue was the train that came through at 4:30 in the morning. Not the hotel's fault but I thought I would mention it.

Room Tip: Pick an odd number room to be on opposite side from the train tracks. Also if you can get a lower nu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Peggy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us here on Trip Advisor! We enjoyed having your entire group here with us last weekend. What a great group of girls! The "doggie guests" were very pretty and well-behaved! We thank our friends at Mossy Pond Retrievers for sending you our way and we hope this is just the beginning of a great friendship. We do hope you will come back again and again. I'm sorry the train disturbed your rest. I wish we could put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the crossing arms downtown!!! Once again, thank you for your pleasant response and hurry back to see us!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked a room for m husband and I to attend a funeral. Check-in was easy, simple & fast. The front desk staff and attendants at hand very nice and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was simple and sufficient, with plenty of variety. I would book again if happen to be in Black shear.....very clean and comfortable room and bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Peggy W, Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. Everyone enjoys a pat on the back and we are certainly no exception! I am so sorry for the loss of your loved one and I hope you found comfort in being able to visit with friends and family here in Blackshear. I am glad you were comfortable and sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us again if you are in our area. Until then, we wish you great health and much happiness.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Nice Staff and Good clean rooms. We stayed here on our second day of Vacation. We have relatives in the area and chose this hotel for it's location. The hotel is newer and is located in the heart of Blackshear, GA. There is a Micheal's Deli right next door and was told that it is a great place to eat although we didn't have a chance to try it. The staff were very friendly and accommodating for us. The rooms were great, and the pool was nice also. We will stay here again next time we visit.

PS: Try and find a road side vendor for Boiled Peanuts ! They are a local favorite and this area does them best but stay away from the Gas And Convenience store boiled peanuts there is no comparison.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Peggy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blackshear, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you so much for the recommendation of our hotel! Everyone enjoys a compliment and we are no exception. We strive to give all our guests a great experience and are always happy when YOU are happy! I had to chuckle over your comments about the delicious boiled peanuts you can buy from our roadside vendors. I love them too and think I'll just have some with a short bottled Coca Cola this afternoon....yum! Wish you were here! Hurry back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackshear
Best Western Plus Bradbury Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Waycross
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Waycross

Been to Comfort Inn Blackshear? Share your experiences!