“A little bit of heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairsville
Your Home in the Woods Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Blairsville B&B and Inns
Waldwick, New Jersey
“A little bit of heaven”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I consider ourselves B & B "aficionados" and have used Trip Advisor for years when planning our trips. This is the first time that I have written a review...I just had to! My brother and I just returned from our stay at "Your Home in the Woods" while visiting our sister and her family who live in Blairsville. We felt at home and welcomed and safe and comfortable from the minute we walked in the door. Bonnie and Paul are simple wonderful people who have a true gift for hospitality. Their home is decorated so beautifully with many incredible cross-stitchings that Bonnie has created. One says "Enter as strangers, leave as friends" and that describes our experience perfectly! The house has an "aura" about it that is peaceful and serene, with a wonderful wrap around porch on which we spent our mornings with a cup of coffee, enjoying the birds visiting the bird-feeders, and soaking in the peace and quiet. We enjoyed sitting around the table with Bonnie and Paul, chatting away like old friends and lingering over their lovingly prepared and absolutely delicious breakfasts.
Make up a reason to visit Blairsville just so you can stay here! We are already planning our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. In the Hummingbird room you have the option of having the twin beds toget...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Diane C
haygramma, Owner at Your Home in the Woods Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 October 2015
Diane, I have just realized that I can respond to reviews, I remember you and your brother coming, and I want you to know that we enjoyed having you here and are wanting to thank you for your kind review. You said exactly what we want people to feel when they are here. Thank you.
B&P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
daytona beach
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I called at 9pm the night before. Last minute looking for a place to stay after hiking. The rose room was available, as all the other rooms were. :)

Bonnie was very nice, and waiting for me when I arrived. I told her I'd have stopped for dinner, but the road the GPS made me take passed absolutely no restaurant. Bonnie recommended pizza. She let me use her phone, since my Tmobile phone had no signal and no batteries. I decided to pick it up, and bring it back home to eat in the dining room. I ate with Bonnie and shared my pizza. We chatted about my options of hiking a short hike, since the next day I was driving 7hrs to FL. Bonnie recommended the DeSoto Falls, which turned out to be perfect.

The bed, the shower, the house is perfectly clean and comfy. I slept very well. I even woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Bonnie waited for the sunrise to be done to actually start cooking our breakfast (also very delicious. fruit, omelet, cheese... DELICIOUS!!!!). After that, I got ready to leave and we saw a bunch of deer outside!!!!!

I will definitely go back when I hike Blood Mountain A.T. (8miles, too long for the next day).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank aecaro
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The weekend of 10/13/12, my wife and I went to a wedding in Blairsville, GA. Blairsville only has a few hotels, none of which is 3 or 4 stars. October is a very busy month and when I went to book a room, there was nothing available within 25 miles of Blairsville. Fortunately for us I found Your home in the Woods at Trip Advisor and was able to book a room. Paul and Bonnie couldn't have been any more hospitable and we had a wonderful stay. Breakfast was super and the conversation with the other guests was lively and fun. The setting was nestled in the woods and Bonnie made us feel like family. We stayed in the Mockingbird Room, and the bed was super. We will return to Your Home in the Woods.

Room Tip: Although we did have free WIFI, there was no TV in our room. That was not really an issue for us.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank billandgwen
Adairsville, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Bonnie and Paul invite you into their home but your experience is as if it is YOUR home! The beautiful pituresque mountains of the North Georgia area provide the perfect backdrop for this great getaway! My husband and I found this place and have since shared it with many friends! We entered as strangers but left as friends on the first visit. We now consider ourselves friends and truly feel at home here! The food is 5-star quality! This B & B experience is quite unique and lovely!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Prices vary due to size.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bongo770
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I were searching for a home in the North Georgia area when we found this B&B. We contacted the owners at 10pm about a room and they graciously welcomed us! We felt so comfortable. They have beautiful rooms. The breakfast was amazing! The hospitality exceeds any hotel. Please visit them and contribute to the local businesses!

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank mfladie999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Lake Chatuge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Blairsville

Been to Your Home in the Woods Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!