““MONET'S/COBB'S MILL” A CHEF'S DREAM! FOOD PERFECTION!”
Review of Antonietta's Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dahlonega, Georgia
““MONET'S/COBB'S MILL” A CHEF'S DREAM! FOOD PERFECTION!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was a little hesitant to try this place with my wife. OMG what a mistake that would have been! MONET'S IS A DIAMOND of FOOD. I believe being located in Blairsville confuses people, since Monet's has international quality cuisine!

Monet's has some of the best food I have ever tasted. I have travelled extensively and have dined in many cities at some of the most well known restaurants in the world. The food at Monet's is at the same level of these international restaurants. The main reason this restaurant has this high quality level of food is because the "seasoned" owner honed his craft at the best restaurants of Atlanta for decades.

The owner must have kept his connections within Atlanta because the quality of the cuts of meat were outstanding. How many times did you order a cut of meat at a restaurant and expected perfection because of the marketing ads you saw, and then was disappointed by a lower standard cut of meat? I experienced that many times. Not at Monet's! My wife and I ordered the Prime Rib and the Grilled Beef Filet and shared both with each other. Wow, the grain, texture, and flavor of the meat was the same or even better than the best restaurants that I have visited at half the price. In fact all of the food was priced extremely reasonable. If Monet's was located in located in Atlanta you would be paying double the price.

One of the ways Monet's keeps their quality of food so high, while keeping their costs low, is due to the fact that they have practically no marketing budget. That is probably why the food quality is so low at chain restaurants. Chain restaurants must pay Marketing Professionals and Advertising Agencies millions of dollars to lure you into the restaurant. (It works, or they would not pay out all that money.) I believe that is what a lot of people are impressed by. The "flash" and marketing of a restaurant. Next time really focus on the food of the chain restaurants, especially the cuts of meat. You will see what I mean.

The outside of the building and the inside of the restaurant are both very comfortable, cozy, and relaxing. There is no "flash" or "bang" on the outside to draw you in, like a bug to a UV light. But once you come inside and taste the food you will be amazed. Remember the OWNER IS A CHEF, not a marketer or advertising professional. He specializes in creating perfect food and running a professional kitchen.

The service is excellent also. Our server was Ellie and she waited on us flawlessly. Thank you Ellie.

When you go to Monet's for the first time or if you have been there before, ask for the owner. He is more than happy to talk to anyone about his restaurant and even his life. Cooking and "Restauranting" has been his life for more than 3 decades.

For the cherry on top, Monet's even has their own Bakery. The dinner rolls are made fresh daily and are served with garlic and drizzled with a buttery topping. The buttery topping is purposely applied in an ample fashion so there is a tasty puddle under the rolls for dipping. (Yummy! I really cannot wait to eat those rolls again!) The cheesecakes are to die for and are very comparable, if not better, than what you will find at the Cheesecake Factory.

Enjoy Monet's; I will again and again!

Carrabelle, Florida
“Not fancy, but very nice.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Quite large with lots of booths. Huge menu. We have hesitated until now to order seafood in North Georgia, but we had the jambalaya and the seafood rose, and the ingredients were fresh and not overcooked. The portions are enormous, so we took home the leftovers. Also got a piece of chocolate cake to go, which just looked too good to pass up. The waiter was a nice young fellow who did a good job, We will go back to have some other items on the menu. This TripAdvisor website should remove Antoinetta's from the listing, because it is now called Monet"s.

1 Thank Pat T
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Pass this place up..”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We couldn't find this place on trip advisor because the place is now called Monet's.
To start off, the parking lot had many cars so we stopped here on our trip. The kid who took our order did not know what was on the menu. We ordered two appetizers. One calamari and spinach artichoke hearts dip. Well we had some kind of wrapper cooked into it.. I actually choked on it. Returned it. Then the kid who was our server said that the BLT wasn't available to order due to a price issue.. Have no clue what this meant. At this point, I was upset. I stated I didn't care what the price was for a BLT
And at that point he said that they don't have BLTs ... I asked for a menu and to see the manager. The menu did have BLTs....
The owner actually came out and said the kid was new and she was unaware about the situation and had no clue about the food wrapper in our appetizer. Anyway I asked for a new server... the food finally came out 30 minutes later.
The food was good. The owner made sure that we were taken care of.
They didn't charge us for the artichoke dip.
We can't give this place a very good rating because I am still unsure what kind of plastic was cookies into the appetizer that choked me...

1 Thank Joe C
North Georgia
“A nice Family choice for eating”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Italian name but you can get what you want. A nice choice of pastries too. Portions are good. If crowded service may get a tad slow.

Visited May 2013
Blairsville, Georgia
“Family owned and run Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The food is tasty and plentiful with a good variety of Italian and American dishes, and - if you have room for it- dessert is an unbelievable array of home made scrumptious goodies. If you don't have room take something home, or stop in any day for a decadent treat. I recommend this family style restaurant!

Visited January 2013