“Still Great a year later”
Review of Antonietta's Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Antonietta's Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Still Great a year later”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We visited again a year later and had great service and food. The pizza is amazing!! The garlic rolls are a favorite for my kids. Decent wine list too.

Blairsville, Georgia
“nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

like the outdoor area/enclosed porch/fireplace... food always good (a bit higher than some)

only complaint - had cold coffee once

Visited April 2013
Blairsville, Georgia
“always a good meal”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We go to Monet's often. It is our favorite restaurant in Blairsville. Love the steak subs, the pasta dishes, liver & onions and fish and shrimp. Very good prime rib on Fri nites too. Desserts are really good too. We usually get one to go. Very grateful for a decent restaurant in Blairsville.

• Visited February 2014
Blairsville
“Food overpriced for what you get.”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We recently went to Monet's and ordered their special. Fish and chips for $10.99. I am not much of a breading person on my fish so I peeled the majority of the breading off. OMG the breading made the fish 4 times its size! With the breading you really looked like you were getting something. Take the breading off, and the 3 pieces of fish, didn't even equal one regular cod filet. On top of that, we were never even given the 'slaw' that was supposed to come with it.
We also ordered the spinach-artichoke dip. I've never had a dip before that was like a soup. Not tasty.
The staff and owners are nice, but they really need a new chef and need the prices to be comparable to what you get. No wonder the parking lot was pretty much empty.

• Visited December 2013
Dahlonega, Georgia
““MONET'S/COBB'S MILL” A CHEF'S DREAM! FOOD PERFECTION!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this site, I was a little hesitant to try this place with my wife. OMG what a mistake that would have been! MONET'S IS A DIAMOND of FOOD. I believe being located in Blairsville confuses people, since Monet's has international quality cuisine!

Monet's has some of the best food I have ever tasted. I have travelled extensively and have dined in many cities at some of the most well known restaurants in the world. The food at Monet's is at the same level of these international restaurants. The main reason this restaurant has this high quality level of food is because the "seasoned" owner honed his craft at the best restaurants of Atlanta for decades.

The owner must have kept his connections within Atlanta because the quality of the cuts of meat were outstanding. How many times did you order a cut of meat at a restaurant and expected perfection because of the marketing ads you saw, and then was disappointed by a lower standard cut of meat? I experienced that many times. Not at Monet's! My wife and I ordered the Prime Rib and the Grilled Beef Filet and shared both with each other. Wow, the grain, texture, and flavor of the meat was the same or even better than the best restaurants that I have visited at half the price. In fact all of the food was priced extremely reasonable. If Monet's was located in located in Atlanta you would be paying double the price.

One of the ways Monet's keeps their quality of food so high, while keeping their costs low, is due to the fact that they have practically no marketing budget. That is probably why the food quality is so low at chain restaurants. Chain restaurants must pay Marketing Professionals and Advertising Agencies millions of dollars to lure you into the restaurant. (It works, or they would not pay out all that money.) I believe that is what a lot of people are impressed by. The "flash" and marketing of a restaurant. Next time really focus on the food of the chain restaurants, especially the cuts of meat. You will see what I mean.

The outside of the building and the inside of the restaurant are both very comfortable, cozy, and relaxing. There is no "flash" or "bang" on the outside to draw you in, like a bug to a UV light. But once you come inside and taste the food you will be amazed. Remember the OWNER IS A CHEF, not a marketer or advertising professional. He specializes in creating perfect food and running a professional kitchen.

The service is excellent also. Our server was Ellie and she waited on us flawlessly. Thank you Ellie.

When you go to Monet's for the first time or if you have been there before, ask for the owner. He is more than happy to talk to anyone about his restaurant and even his life. Cooking and "Restauranting" has been his life for more than 3 decades.

For the cherry on top, Monet's even has their own Bakery. The dinner rolls are made fresh daily and are served with garlic and drizzled with a buttery topping. The buttery topping is purposely applied in an ample fashion so there is a tasty puddle under the rolls for dipping. (Yummy! I really cannot wait to eat those rolls again!) The cheesecakes are to die for and are very comparable, if not better, than what you will find at the Cheesecake Factory.

Enjoy Monet's; I will again and again!

• Visited September 2013