“Really nice experience overall”
Review of Copperhead Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairsville
Copperhead Lodge
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed in a cabin which was very nice....It it absolutely beautiful there!! We went for a week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It is a fantastic place to take day trips on the motorcycle...scenery is gorgeous! We mostly cooked our meals in our cabin, but decided to have our anniversary dinner at the restaurant on site...what a disappointment! We both really wanted the baby back ribs (had actually been looking forward to it all day!) only to find out that they were out of them :( my husband ordered a stacked chicken dish that he said was just okay, and I ordered the beef filets over mashed potatoes....awful! The filets were huge pieces that seemed to be very fatty and the gravy was gelatinous! I could not eat it! Our server was very nice, and asked if he could bring me something else, but I declined. He did end up taking 50% off my meal, which was nice considering the my meal was $18. I probably would give the restaurant another chance, if they had the ribs. We would definitely come back to the cabin though!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Rated it lower because when we are looking for a place to stay the night, we are looking for a clean, quiet, secure and reasonable price. This place is clean and the price is reasonable. We found it to be a very nice building. Rooms are definitely small, but clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. It seemed like such a beautiful little resort in the woods! Dinner was good, nice areas to sit and relax. But then you're ready for bed or quiet time. It has a bar and restaurant above the rooms so you can hear all the noise. Don't expect to go to bed early(before 11pm) with peace and quiet. It would have been nice to have an AC unit with a constant fan switch to drown out the noise. Hearing the staff upstairs and the drunks outside made it difficult to sleep. So if you're looking for a party scene and a place to crash this is great. If you are travelling and are looking for a quiet place to sleep, keep going down the road.

Such a beautiful location, nice building, just horrible sleeping arraignments.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to rate The Lodge. I decided for average for several reasons. We stayed at The Lodge this past weekend, we drove up from Florida for my high school reunion that was being held there. It made sense to stay there so we didn't have to worry about driving at night. It's a beautiful building and the setting is really something, but the room! Oh my goodness, what a huge let down. Now, this is were I have mixed ratings, the room was spotless and the bed was comfortable, the linens were crisp and clean. I can not fault this aspect. But, the cons simply out weigh the pros here. The room is tiny. We had the queen room, which means "queen bed in room made for a single". It was a very pretty sleigh bed, clearly too big of a bed frame for the room. We ended up almost breaking a few toes by constantly hitting the bed. Seeing the lodge is clearly designed for the motorcyclist, so I am guessing that is the reason for no place to put your luggage. Also, the rooms are located under the lodge, making them very noisy. We were in room 109, so almost right under the area were the live music is played. If you are sensitive to noise, do not stay here. If it's not music and bar noise in the evening it's the setting up in the morning. Cars are not allowed to park in front of the room but motor cycles are, not a problem unless one comes in late or leaves early. The outside light that kept coming on at 4am (why I have no idea) would wake both my husband and I constantly, so, curtains over the mini blinds would be great. There was a common room downstairs that had coffee in the morning. I was really hoping to have a muffin or doughnut or something, but no. And like one other reviewer said, at nearly $100 a night, this would not go amiss.

We had our high school reunion there on Saturday night. We were tucked away at the far end of the deck, which was nice for us. We had a buffet style snacks, potato skins, fried mushrooms, chicken tenders, that sort of thing. All the food was good, for what it was. No complaints about that, and the bar service and servers were really amazing. I would say it's a good place for a large gathering.

Another slightly annoying thing was when we went to check out. We had an 8 hour drive ahead of us, so we wanted to get out early. It would be prudent of the desk to let guests know that the office does not open until 8 am and if you are planning on leaving prior to that you would be best to check out the night prior. There is a $25 charge for lost key card, so, we waited until 8 am for someone to open the office so we could check out and not get any additional charges. My suggestion would be either get there earlier or, allow check out the night prior and have a key card drop box.

Over all, the Lodge at Copperhead is very pretty but not for us.

Room Tip: All rooms at the Lodge are under the Lodge, do not stay there if noise is an issue, maybe rent a cab...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheleusa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Lodge it self is beautiful and central to lots of great roads for riding.
Rooms at the lodge are small especially with lots of riding gear.
Food is fantastic although too bad no breakfast offered as had to head out somewhere every morning to find breakfast and not a lot offered in near by town. There was a coffee maker in lounge but had to make our own every morning.
There is an indoor fire pit and out door fire pit none of which were ever going when we were there it rained a lot and would have been nice to warm up by the fire or at least dry out wet riding gear
As well there is a hot tub at the pool area but was empty nothing better after a long ride than a hot soak very disappointing
Appeared majority of staff was new or in training and were not sure about anything at the lodge and usually hard to find anyone at the front desk or at the restaurant
The owner was around most of the week we were there never an acknowledgement if everything was ok even upon check out never asked how stay was etc.
not sure if we will return here again I guess we had higher expectations after all we had read about this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee Ann T
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This place is awesome! The surroundings are beautiful. We checked in on a Friday and left Sunday morning, we never left the camp ground. We stayed in Cabin 58. They have small garages that you can easily fit two motorcycles in. We stayed with another couple and had 3 Ultra Classics and we were able to fit all three in the garage. Our cabin had a hot tub on a covered porch which was super quiet and relaxing. The “blues band” that was playing Friday & Saturday night was great. They have a bar and restaurant, the food did not disappoint us. They also have rooms you can get under the lodge if you prefer not to have a cabin or maybe just for a couple. Perfect for bikers tons of one day rides through the mountains and come back for dinner, drinks and dancing on the wrap around porch. There were no hidden fees to surprise you later. The cabin we stayed in was cozy and extremely clean. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. If you stay one time, you will be hooked!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NadineStanfield
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We went Memorial Weekend to the Lodge and had the most amazing experience. The fireworks, live entertainment, and pool party (provided by the owners) was very nice. The place is clean, beautiful, relaxing, and extremely welcoming. The owners Anthony & Michelle go above and beyond for all of their guests. It was the first time I had met them and yet I felt like we were old friends. The view from the wrap around porch is awesome and the porch itself is as relaxing as can be. The restaurant has such a pleasant atmosphere and the food is great. I can not say enough good things about this place as I said before YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON IT.

Room Tip: We stayed at the lodge itself and loved that our motorcycle was under cover directly outside of our...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happynowDestin
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Great weekend getaway for ourselves and another couple on a bike....having a garage was awesome. The cabin (49) was SWEET! Pool and hot tub are nice options as well. Having restaurant on site is nice, and anything else might need is in town nearby....

Room Tip: Cabins in rear of property have more privacy and shade
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Reid Ridge Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Copperhead Lodge? Share your experiences!