“Call early for meat”

Jim's Smokin' Que
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mom & Pop restaurant...great pulled pork sandwiches & baby back ribs AND consistently GOOD!
Savannah, Georgia
“Call early for meat”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Best pork and brisket....period. Call as soon as they open to reserve meat. There sauce is so damn good I bought a case of each BAM!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jeffrey D

Blairsville, Georgia
“Great stuff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've been eating here since it opened, but I've been delinquent about writing a review.

I came here a little after 11 am to stock up for the weekend, and the line was out the door. Guess its not a little secret anymore.

Pulled Pork. This is the best example of Southern Pulled Pork you will find - juicy, tender, and flavorful.

Beef Brisket. First off, this is not Texas brisket. I like that as well, but brisket is done differently in the South. I love both. However, this is one of the finest of Southern brisket. Just like the pulled pork, its juicy tender, and flavorful. It is chopped, not pulled or sliced.

Smoked Turkey. Forget get that old dry stuff. This is smoky juicy goodness. No sauce required.

Ribs.Sweet tangy sauce over perfectly cooked ribs. Half a rack is enough for two.

Brunswick Stew. Full of flavor, meat, and just enough corn and tomato chunks. Add a little hot sauce if you like it spice.

Sweet Potato Fries. This is how its done - salt, brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon.

Sauces. Something for everyone - Butt Sauce (original), Kicking Butt Sauce (a little zippy), and the Special Reserve.

Don't forget the rolls. They're baked for them.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jovan M
jefferson ga
“Maybe they were having a bad day?”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Me and my family drove and hour and half to get here and planned our day around eating here due to the reviews . We called half way there to make sure open and always got a answering machine but continued on we arrived there on July 3rd around 3pm thinking that this was between lunch and dinner so this should run smooth and then we can carry on the rest of our plans. We had about 10 people in front of us and it took at least 15 mins to place our order. I did look around and see there were a whole lot of hungry people with no food but I had read reviews speaking if quick service so I continued on. The order taker was quiet friendly in no hurry at all and i looked over a order area and there was at least 50 pending orders with one person filling orders but I was still optimistic .I had two hungry kids and I kept thinking maybe this is a bad idea .One hr later I had literally only saw a maybe 15 plates or orders leave the kitchen. I kept thinking realistic that these foods just needed to be out in plate they were already cooked what could possible be taking so long? A hr and half later our food arrive .By this time I had two hungry kids that had watched a whole movie in our van while waiting on food. All around us were complaining about how long it was taking.Now to the food, I would say the food was average at best the stew was more like soup than what I think of as stew .The pork was fine the brisket was very minced up and the bread was just bought rolls bagged up ahead of time.The fries were ok but under cooked . I have to say the sauce was good.I don't know if this is normal for this place and all the reviews just had very happy people that came on a very organized day that things ran smooth.To me it seemed as though the owners or someone that kept the place together was not there cause it was very unorganized and wasn't running without a struggle.I was not happy that I spent a total of over two hrs at a roadside bbq establishment that is very over rated. As I said this was my first visit maybe I caught them on a very bad day so this review doesn't not represent several visits.I don't think I will try a second visit due to the long drive and have much better food and experiences closer to home.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank travelJeffersonGa
Newnan, Georgia
“Get there early for lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The building has indoor and covered outdoor seating. We are outside and it was very pleasant. The inside was packed but, I'm glad because we truly enjoyed dining on the front porch. The BBQ was some of the best we've ever had and the service is quick and friendly. You order at the counter and the food is delivered. They have limited days of operation so, check their operating hours before going. It's very popular so, there is a line to park, despite the generous parking lot so, go early....any wait will be worth it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank rick_brunner
Fort Myers, Florida
“Lip smacking good.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful BBQ. No matter what you get, you will not be disappointed. We always have to share because of the size of the portions. You will stand in line to order but the food comes very quickly. Try it

• Visited May 2014