“Amazing Cabins and Hospitality - Stayed during 2012 thruhike!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairsville
Blood Mountain Cabins & Country Store
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Amazing Cabins and Hospitality - Stayed during 2012 thruhike!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Amazing cabins, very clean and very modern ... after the first 30 miles hiking the A.T through rain and hail ... dry clothes, hot shower and a warm bed was just what the doctored ordered ... Country store was well stocked, sold alot of much needed hiker snacks and killer homeade jelly ... very cool items to buy and send home to kids or for yourself ... Owner's were very nice and i would highly recommend this place for a vacation base camp or hiker's thru hiking as their first stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jason M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Two amazing experiences at Blood Mountain Cabins. . . . . . 8 years apart. First time. . . the lone bachelor needing some mountain air and distance from the rat race. The second time. . . with wife and three kids. Both experiences equally enjoyable and relaxing. Old time service with a smile. . . . priceless.

Definitely stay in the "Green Mansion" cabins for some intense family time. Walk to the waterfall, cross the rivers and make memories. Love it. You know it's great when the cement road turns into the gravel road before getting there. Pass the cows and observant wildlife.

Great time. . . Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JosephhBartlett
Collegedale, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 March 2012

When you walk inside, ou look up and see the packs or boots from people who have hiked the whole trail... It is really powerful to see. They also have great shirts trail books or been there done that stickers as I call them. It is just a really neat place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank flipflopsbeach
Deltona, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Spent 4 days in the beaver cabin over Thanksgiving weekend with my husband and 2 children. I immediately felt at home upon arrival. The cabin was cozy and well stocked. The location was good and the map provided by staff was a huge help. Our cabin was the closest to the AT, just a few steps and the area is full of waterfalls and hiking trails that are sure to keep you amused. I did not find traffic noise to be any problem and I enjoyed the views from the cabin. My youngest son enjoyed the loft bedroom, and I enjoyed wine sipping by the fireplace at night. I got a kick out of the "journals" left in the room and I think you will too. I will be back for sure. Cathy Schicchi

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CathySchicchi
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We spent five nights in Woodchuck cabin and loved it (great view). Blood Mountain Cabins is a perfect location for exploring the area. It was quaint (could use more kitchen cooking supplies and utensils though and update the bedspreads) and relaxing (wonderful fireplace). George, the owner, was helpful and friendly. We loved our stay and would recommend the cabins to anyone!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gansclan
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends who hikes around on the Appalachian Trail each year. The cabins were adequate for our hiking trip. I would prefer another lodging if I went back, but am not sure that is available.

They're not exaggerrating about the traffic noise. It's loud, it's constant, and it's RIGHT THERE. The property is encircled by the looping highway. So you get engines climbing up the mountain in Surround Sound.

The cabins differ from one another in small details, such as dark or light walls, furniture, & cabinets. Ours was Bobcat. It is dark and I found it depressing -- and that's from me, a rustic type who likes cabins. I could have enjoyed it more if I'd sat on the deck more, overlooking the mountains. Maybe I stayed in because of the cold and the rain, or the noise. I did find a happy place, however. My dormer window in the upper bedroom (a loft open to the kitchen/living room area) is bright and pleasant, so I sat in the rocking chair to have my quiet time and stared out into the branches of an oak tree with the mountains in the background.

The happiest place of all, however, was the AT, which is really a short walk from the property. If you are a strong walker you will be on the road and near the trailhead in moments. From the trailhead we hiked west one day and east the next. Each hike was about 5.5 or 6 miles to the next parking lot (we drove the car around so we could hike half a day and ride back home). Very strenuous and lovely hiking!!!!!!

Beds are hard.

Kitchen is adequate and has surprising nice cookware.

Shower is just fine. PLENTY towels and toilet paper.

Owners really friendly, and knowledgable about the various outings at your disposal.

My friends in Wild Boar had a mouse in the bed. The mouse visited two nights in a row. It visited each bed. Owner has set traps. "This is the woods," he explained. Well. That's true.

Helen, the German town with tourist shops about 25 miles away, is full of silly needless cheap merchandise and much repetition from one shop to the next. Very nice people. And they are completely comfortable if you suddenly start dancing in their store (polka music is playing all over town). At a flea market just on the outskirts of Helen that sells apples and lots of cider, I got some decent fried apple pies. They were warm.

Food at Old Heidelburg in Helen was so so.

Blairsville is a cute little town, and the log book in our cabin had favorable comments about restaurants.

Room Tip: Wolf is lighter and brighter. Some of the cabins might be shielded from the worst of the road noise...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank HipFiggy
bloodmtn, Owner at Blood Mountain Cabins & Country Store, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
We have 9 cabins in very secluded locations with no road noise. We live on site and are glad to move a guest if they request. We are surrounded by National Forrest and are 14 miles from the nearest town. If guests leave a door open, mice will run in . We are glad to move a guest since we have 26 properties to choose from.
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed in the Otter Cabin for almost a week. Parking is tight and cabin is small but we had a WONDERFUL time. Location is perfect, close to everything esp if you are into hiking and waterfalls. Road noise was there but not intrusive. We loved hiking all day and being able to walk the Appalachian Trail right from the cabin, its that close! Then we enjoyed rocking on the porch with a glass of wine after hiking all day and grilling steaks or salmon for dinner. Only negative: furniture is not that comfortable but the bed is fine. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NeverEnuf34450
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#3 of 3 in Blairsville
Paradise Hills Resort & Spa
Paradise Hills Resort & Spa
#2 of 18 in Blairsville

Been to Blood Mountain Cabins & Country Store? Share your experiences!