“Fresh Coastal Seafood in north Georgia”

Mike's Seafood Market & Grill
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and seafood available in the north Georgia mountains. Very long wait to order, but well worth it. Delicious fried shrimp and grilled seafood as well. Awesome hushpuppies as well. The seafood is as good as you get at the beach on the coast!

1  Thank Barry J

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Eat lunch here at least 2 times a month when we are in town from North Carolina. Have tried many different things on the menu but the Blacken Salmon is always just perfect. Fried Shrimp always good. I grew up in New England and don't expect the same quality, but when you live this far from the coast it will do! Mike can seem a little bit uptight on occasion, but I know he wants to put out a good product. He needs to smile once in awhile!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My parents have been going to Mike's for years. My mom passed away a couple of years ago, so I take my dad on his birthday every year since then. Yes, you have to wait in line to order, but it is worth it for the meal. I ordered the grilled shrimp, baked potato salad and onion rings. Oh my Lord-the baked potato salad is incredible! I just wish they gave a larger portion of that and a few less onion rings. The onion rings are just as good though, crisp and not greasy! The shrimp was good as well. The hush puppies need more flavor, but I was so full and really did not need those anyway. Thanks for another great meal! Oh- every year at Christmas, Mike orders lobsters for my dad too. He takes care of his regulars!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

On our last night in Blairsville, we decided to try Mike's. Our innkeeper had recommended this place several times when we made our anual visit to stay at one of her cottages. She and three others joined us for dinner. Glad we got there early (just after 5PM on Saturday), as the line had already started to order our meals. Guess it took less than half an hour to get the order in, get our drinks and be seated at the table. Husband had the fried Jumbo Shrimp, baked potato, cole slaw and the FREE hush puppies. I had Grilled Salmon (lunch portion), baked potato, cole slaw and hush puppies. The six meals took about 15 minutes to arrive, and by that time, the line went from the counter at the back to the front door and along the inside front of the restaurant. Where we were seated, the line was right behind us and the noise level of the place was pretty loud. While all our meals were very good and my salmon was huge for being a lunch portion size, the atmosphere was chaotic. My husband loved his shrimp, but had to order an appetizer of medium fried shrimp as there just wasn't enough of the jumbo shrimp to satisfy his appetite. The waitress took care of that and he just paid the amount at the bar before we left. I realize that this is the way they run the place, and the food is quite good. Next visit, we'll just have to find a table that is far away from the line of people coming in to place orders!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We found this place 2 yrs ago when we visited the area & drove over from Blue Ridge this year to visit it again. The food is the BEST and probably the only fresh fish & seafood in the area. You have to stand in line & work your way up to the counter, order & then find a table. But, the food is well worth what you go through & comes out quickly. Fresh fish, seafood, great tasting hush puppies, slaw, etc. Good value considering the amount of food they serve on your plate.