“Good Mexican in Blairsville”

Monte Alban Restaurante
Ranked #34 of 73 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Good Mexican in Blairsville”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The menu was extensive! Actually it was a little bit of an overload but, when we settled on our meal, it was delish! I had the chicken and shrimp quesadilla and hubby had a shrimp and chicken dish with pasta! The pasta was overcooked but it didn't matter. The chicken was seasoned very nicely and the shrimp was cooked to perfection! I asked for shredded chicken as opposed to the breast that was on the menu and was glad I did. Their shredded chicken is wonderful! Nicely spiced and again the shrimp was perfect, not overcooked! The only complaint I had was that it was a little salty! I am used to authentic Mexican and this restaurant had that and more! The margaritas were excellent!

Visited August 2014

“Good variety on menu good specials”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been here several times over the years and have had very reliable food quality and service. This time I went with a special with shrimp and veggies. A huge plate of food for the price. Didn't care for the tortillia's soggy underneath. But a great restaurant near the center of town. Great parking.

• Visited July 2014
North Port, Florida, United States
“Food ok, service horrible”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were greeted by a host on his cell phone. He doesn't hang up, but grabs 2 menus and seats us immediately without talking to us. Waitress comes over quickly and takes our drink order. Brings our drinks and asks if we know what we would like to have. I asked if there were any specials. She advised that they were on the board as we came in. I paused, waiting for her to tell me what they were. Nothing. I got up, walk to the front of the restaurant, looked at the specials, tried to remember them (for hubby too), walked back and she was gone. When she comes back to take our order, I order special #1, then she proceeds to ask me what it was. I said "the first one on the board, not sure what it is called". She says some name, I again said, I don't know what it is called, it is the first one on the board. I really can't remember names of Mexican dishes. Hubby then asks her what the 2nd one on the board is and we get a blank stare. He orders the same thing I do (just to make it easy). We get our food--it is pretty good. We never get to tell anyone that it is good. We never get refills on our drinks. We don't get asked if we would like desert. But we do get the bill. Is it really that hard to take care of the customer?

• Visited July 2014
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Been to a few other Mexican restaurants in the area but Monte's is the best by far.
Always have good service & the food is just great; fresh, hot, & tasty ! It's our go to place for Mexican food.

Blairsville, Georgia
“Consistently good, fresh food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I have been taking lunch at the Blairsville, GA Monte Alban Mexican restaurant for several years. The food has always been very good and very fresh. The wait staff is well-trained and quick to respond.

• Visited May 2014