“Wonderful ride!” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My boyfriend bought me a 2hr ride at Trackrock Stables for my 30th birthday. He knows that I love horses and the mountains, so this was a perfect present.
We enjoyed our ride greatly - the horses were well trained, but not too pokey; the trail was interesting and included some beautiful mountain meadows; our guide (Amelia) was friendly and accommodating; and the stable grounds were well-kept and clean.
The 2hr ride was wonderful because we were able to have a private ride - since not many people do the 2hr ride there is more of a chance to have the ride to yourself. We were even able to canter in the fields at least 5 separate times. I was impressed at how responsive and sure-footed our mounts were. The trail was rather sloppy (it had rained pretty heavily the day before) but the horses didn't seem to mind one bit.
All in all, this ride exceeded my expectations - I've been horseback riding on the North Shore of Hawaii and this experience was even better!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Crowned1

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Horse Camp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our great granddaughter attended horse camp the week of July 21-25, 2014 and had a wonderful time. She has some visual and physical challenges and the staff were so very careful to consider what was and what was not safe for her to do. I was so impressed with the individual care given to each camper. Safety is the number one issue at this camp. We are already planning for two weeks next summer! Thank you, Sonja, and staff for an amazing time! Give Zeus extra pasture time :-). He loves to eat!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jane T
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great but.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I have been coming to ride horses at the lovely Track Rock Stables for years. Every time the people are nice and the guides knowledgeable. This recent time however was different. On June 26, 2014 my family and I went for our yearly ride. Towards the end of our ride we paused for some of the riders who had fallen behind to catch up. The horses were all eating peacefully when my horse grabbed a tree branch and spooked. The horse proceeded to panic and turn in circles until its back legs gave out. The horse was getting up when I fell off. I watched in terror as the horse, still panicked, circled in front of me. I was afraid it was going to trample me. I tried getting up but the pain in my left arm was so intense my vision started to blur. Luckily I got up and away from the horse safely. I was expecting to see at least one of our guides there to help me. Neither of them were anywhere near me. The one leading us did not even bother getting off her horse. The other slowly called for the gator to be sent so I could have a ride back. They clearly do not have emergency plans in place and to my knowledge there was not even an incident report taken. Although they have our phone number there was not a follow up call to see how I was doing. I am currently recovering from a broken arm. i do not at all blame the horse or the guides for what happened but I am very unimpressed and disappointed that they handled the situation so poorly. I will not be returning to ride with these irresponsible people.

Visited June 2014
8 Thank Gabby H
Dunwoody, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Riding with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a fantastic time and our guide was awesome. She asked us how we wanted to ride. We had a nice ride and view. I loved my horse (Skip). We did some walking and running. Loved it. Can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2014
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Awesome great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is a must especially if your within an hour or do of this place. Had such a good time the first time we came back for a second time in the same week. When you come I suggest you ask for Laura as your guide. She was great and even took photos for us with mountain backdrops. The scenery can't be beat. The staff and horses very friendly. Check out some of the photos I uploaded. I strongly recommend this place for couples or family. You won't be disappointed.