“friendly staff but the room had issues”

Best Western Milton Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Blairsville
Ogden, Utah
“friendly staff but the room had issues”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

room smelled of mildew, neither the tub nor the bath would drain, the tub needed repair, bugs in the bathroom, air unit was extremely loud and didn't work properly, breakfast items were frozen, staff was friendly but overall mode was reactive and the issues with the room were not "fixable" for the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank PHILL1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Alpharetta, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We used to stay at this hotel multiple times a year. After our last stay, I left an item in the room when we checked out. We called immediately and asked hotel management to help us get the item back. After a couple attempts, we gave up and will not stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers are raving about these Blairsville hotels

Marietta, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Management was professional and courteous. cleaning staff was not up to par. Room had roaches and my wife was bitten all over her body by something, possibly bedbugs. I wouldn't choose this motel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Will not stay there again. The room has bugs, the A/C unit controls did not work. The breakfast was minimal and poorly cooked. No good reason to stay at this hotel. The internet was up and down with no consistent service. Parking is minimal

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Ken Z
Byron, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a room at the Best Western Blairsville, GA for my husband, who is a videographer that was in town filming for two days July 22-24. He arrived to check in during night hours, and found a sign posted to the locked door: Call our number for night service. My husband called that number several times and could not get an answer. He called me, and then we both started calling the number. FINALLY, we got an answer, about 20 minutes after my husband first arrived at the hotel. It was a male with a thick accent, and he answered my call. I said "Hi, you have someone waiting outside to check in, but the door is locked and they've been trying to call." He responded with a very curt "yes." Yes? Yes?!? So I said "he's trying to check in, right now." Again with attitude, he says "he's in." So, I hung up and my husband called me back once he got checked in. Apparently the man had been "upstairs". I'm not sure if there is an employee lounge that he was in, or an office, or what, but I can't imagine that he was doing anything productive to his job since it took him 20 minutes to deign to pick up the phone and check in a paying guest. Then, when he finally allowed my husband entry to the lobby, he condescendingly said "I'm assuming that you do have a reservation?" Sorry, but I didn't realize that Blairsville, GA is the tourist capital of the world, nor did I realize that the Best Western would be the most slammed packed hotel. I digress. Anyways, my husband did, in fact, have a reservation. He then told my husband that he needed the card number that we used to book the hotel. My husband said "okay, are you ready?". The man says "yes" and my husband begins to read off the card number. The clerk quickly interrupted him and said "NO. I need to SWIPE. THE. CARD." as if his asking for the card number made it obvious that he needed to swipe the card. He then gave my husband a key card to his room and that's it. No wifi password, no key card folder with his room information written on it, nothing. My husband said that the room was nice: not the most beautiful hotel room you'd ever see, but not a roach motel room, either. Honestly, after the treatment he (and I) received from that desk clerk, I wouldn't care if the rooms were plated in gold. I would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE. Also because of this experience, I would go so far as to hesitate to stay in a Best Western hotel again. If Best Western condones this sort of treatment of guests, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Amanda P
george p, General Manager at Best Western Milton Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Milton Inn. I am disappointed we failed to give you the attention and service, and consideration we strive for with all our quests. What happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service. Please accept my apologies.
Lake Worth, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very good for the price. Near downtown and restaurants. Quiet and peaceful. Everything worked well. Staff quick to respond to request for more waffles. Free breakfast and newspapers a good plus. Plenty of good parking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

george p, Manager at Best Western Milton Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the great review we are glad that you enjoy your stay with us. Hope to see you again when you back in Blairsville, Ga.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

When we first checked in, I killed a spider in it's web between the bed and table. Then another spider crawled up over the top of the bed and down on the pillows. We pulled the bed away from the wall and saw another live spider and a bunch of webbing. The floor was nasty back there too. We then checked out!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mariflea
george p, General Manager at Best Western Milton Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We are truly sorry this happen to you. Since then we had our pest control company treated all the rooms. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy

Been to Best Western Milton Inn? Share your experiences!