“It might be time for an "update" to the menu. .but still a nice place to visit”

Serenity Garden Cafe
Ranked #32 of 90 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you are looking for an "average" breakfast place that attracts locals, part time residents and weekenders, then this is the place. I have eaten here many many times and always enjoy the atmosphere. Ben and Warren have established a real Blue Ridge tradition. Their patio is second to none on Main Street. It's a great place to have a leisurely meal and watch the crowd go by. The patio is also pet friendly including water dishes for your 4-legged family members. I've even seen them serve the furry ones bacon and eggs!

Speaking of breakfast, my dining partner requested "egg beaters" and you would have thought we asked the waitress to lay the faux eggs herself. She wasn't sure about egg whites either. We decided not to tax her with a request for whole grain toast. Breakfast arrived in timely fashion and if I had noticed my dining partners plate earlier (I was too busy watching the triathletes finishing their race), I would have sent it back, as the plate had several large cracks & chips. I would have considered it unhealthy to use. I wouldn't have used it in my own home, so I would expect better at a commercial place.

Even an "average" place deserves a try and I'm sure I'll be back very soon.

Two cheese omelets (with real eggs), toast, grits, water, no meat . . $21 with tip. Waitress attitude and broken dishes included.

1  Thank Tom Y

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stopped by after an afternoon of tubing. We ordered the special - Fish & Chips and it was good. It came with a side salad and it was very good - had strawberries in it. We also ordered the chicken tenders and they were tasty as well. The restaurant was clean and quaint. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back to Serenity.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a local breakfast spot that duplicates a home style attempt at breakfast. The feeling is adequate and the coffee was so so at best. The staff is real polite and the motif is nice. We both had the Western omelet and the presentation came with ready made hash browns and hard biscuit with portion packed butter, jelly, creamers on the table. The simple omelet did not justify the $25 bill for 2 to eat a MCDonald's style breakfast. My coffee cup had grounds in it and the bean quality flavor was poor. It is apparent that the owner is into the motif and not the quality of poresented food. I would not eat here for breakfast unless you want to not impress yourself and feel like you have just eaten back at the School cafeteria. This place has potential to be a good location. But on this day the food expectation greatly exceeded the presented breakfast product.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean and friendly but food was average, not bad but not great either. We ate lunch and my family each had something different and all agreed it was ok but nothing stood out. I would eat here again but it wouldn't be my first choice in Blue Ridge.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Solid breakfast in a clean but outdated restaurant. The service was great and you could tell locals loved this place. The plates were full of delicious eggs and grits. Good food just a little lacking on atmosphere.