“Cartecay river retreat is very nice !”

Avenair Mtn Cabin Rentals
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Avenair Mtn Cabin Rentals
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Blue Ridge
Michigan
“Cartecay river retreat is very nice !”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

nice cabin. clean n fill with basic supplies. nice ping ping table , foos ball table n jacuzzi ! the only problem is the river is not kids friendly. my husband had a close encounter with a scary water moccasin !!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank MindyMichigan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Our family had a wonderful time on our Spring Break at the Indian Rock Lake cabin provided by Avenair. We found the cabin perfect in every way. It was beautiful, comfortable, clean,and surpassed our expectations.Our three boys absolutely loved the hot tub, lake and multitude of hiking trails right out the front door. My wife and I enjoyed coffee sitting on the balcony overlooking the lake.We saw herds of deer from the balcony, and the surrounding mountains were simply breathtaking. The entire family is looking forward to our next vacation to North Georgia, and we plan on using Avenair again to facilitate our cabin needs. Thank you Avenair!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike A
Michigan
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This cabin is right on the river. Has great decks overlooking the river. The cabin itself was a real disappointment. The cabin is very worn out, beat up and in bad need of a thorough cleaning. Very difficult to get around the kitchen due to the kitchen table taking up all the floor space. The hot tub is too far from the cabin, you have to walk across a narrow deck to get to it. When we were there it rained and that deck is not covered so ice formed making it very slippery. The hot tub also is not covered and because it is sunken down into the deck you cannot see the river while sitting in the hot tub. Also, cabin is close to the road, lacks real privacy and car headlights in your eyes while in the hot tub. The hot tub should be placed higher to make the most of the river views; also it needs to be more private, covered and closer to the cabin. The cabin next door has its hot tub sitting out in the middle of the yard not far from this hot tub. We will not return nor rent from this property management company again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank FrequentTravelers02
Madison
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I was looking for a place to celebrate a birthday for one of my sisters. I was looking for something comfortable, well appointed, clean and affordable with great outdoor areas to hang out and gossip with my sisters. I found this site and this cabin and it was all that it said it was. The pictures were very accurate. The cabin was very woodsy and comfortable but with modern touches such as wifi, cable and stainless steel appliances. It was very clean and cozy! The hot tub was big enough for all four of us! Needless to say, I loved this cabin and can't wait to have a reason to go back! I am even considering taking my family there next time as it had the living room and down stairs den with a game table for the kids! I really liked that there were 3 bathrooms, so no one had to wait to get a shower! We experienced a brief power outage due to a down line and had to call the owner. They were very helpful and called back to let us know when the power co. would have the power back on. I could not have asked for a better place to spend the weekend with my family! Thank you so much!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mitzi E
David, Panama
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Have been here for 6 night and leave tomorrow. Very dissapointed, entry way to the cabin had cobwebs and had not been swept in many weeks, pillows were dirty and awful, BBQ needs replacing and overall house is in need of TLC and modernizing, especially the bathrooms. Have rented many cabins over the years and this is by far the worst we have had!!!! Would not recommend this cabin to anyone. Pictures were deceiving and either the owner or management company need to take a much closer look at the condition and wear and tear of this cabin before renting again to someone else.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Eira T
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I decided to rent a Broken Arrow Lodge through Avenair Mtn Cabin Rentals for our 2 yr wedding anniversary. Having spent our honeymoon in a cabin in Helen, we decided Blue Ridge would be another fun place to visit that was still close to home. (Live in Dallas, GA). The cabin was very much as the pictures and website described, though it was much prettier upon seeing it firsthand. The upstairs loft had a nice wooded view and large King size bed. The furnishings were very nice and cozy. We did not end up using the outdoor fireplace but used the Hot Tub both nights we were there. This trip was during the first weekend of October, and we could not hear or see any of our neighbors from the hot tub so it was relaxing and private. The cabin was also very well equipped, the kitchen had more than we needed (utensils, pot/pans, spices, etc.). We did see a deer on our way out of the "drive" to the cabin, got to visit the Mercier apple orchards, and saw two movies at the Swan drive in theater (my favorite part!). Overall I would give the cabin and EXCELLENT rating, and we were able to book it only a week before, at $99/night, which was a great deal. I would certainly rent again from Avenair but maybe just for fun, try a different cabin. --- My only advise though, is to make sure you have physical map directions to the office, our GPS had us turn to early down someone's private drive which caused a bit of confusion. However, once you locate the office and get your key, they provide you with directions to your physical cabin, in our case, it was about 10minutes from the office itself. -- Again, it was gorgeous and the trip was totally worth the money I would certainly rent from them again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I have used this company to rent cabins for 6 years, and I've stayed in three cabins so far, and I would use nobody else! The owners are friendly and helpful, and the cabins are beautiful and well-kept. If you are looking for a great deal and a great trip, use Avenair!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Avenair Mtn Cabin Rentals? Share your experiences!