other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
redheadmo...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Filthy, dirty, dusty, and just plain odd”
Reviewed 29 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I hesitate to give them even one star. This cabin was filthy. There's an inch of dust on everything - blinds, curtain rods, light fixtures - and the floors haven't been mopped in ages. Our feet turned black just walking on the floors. Broken light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. No cell service, no wifi and the land line doesn't work. My parents are senior citizens and I was desperately trying to reach them via the land line number that was given at check in but the phone was broken. There's also a bedroom with a window into the bathroom. Yes, you read that right. Each time I laid down on my pillow, I hit my head on the window sill that's attached to the window into the bathroom. After the third time, it became quite humorous. The TV in that bedroom doesn't work. Also, I happened to open the closet in the twin bedroom where my son was sleeping, and found a pile of the owner's personal belongings just thrown in there, stuffed so full that the door would only open half way. Among the pile of stuff was one sock that was making it's way into the room. The entire experience was so weird.

My husband and I stopped by the rental office and explained our concerns. With each concern, their reply was, "all of that is up to the owners" and seemed to think that asking the cleaning company to dust the blinds and light fixtures is considered a "deep cleaning." They had no concern that the phone didn't work (what about an emergency?) - again, having a phone is up to the owners.

Do not do business with them! Run very, very fast!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
31 Aug 2016
As a cabin rental company, we take our guest concerns and complaints very seriously. Upon mention of this complaint, we quickly sent an after hours cleaning specialist to the cabin. The guests refused to let the cleaning specialist in the cabin to fix the issues they called to complain about. After the guest departed, no dust could be found inside the cabin. Also, there is no window between the bedroom and the bathroom. Cell phone reception is not an advertised amenity by any cabin rental company. However, Verizon and AT&T both pick up well at Toccoa River Retreat, as well as the majority of the Blue Ridge area. Our company has reported the land line outage to the phone company who provides the service there. Toccoa River Retreat is a quaint cabin that sits on the banks of the Toccoa River. We have always received positive feedback for this cabin.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing