Please note, I have nothing to gain from writing a negative review, accept helping others avoid an unpleasant experience.
1. Bad for people who have allergies (or just don't like dirty things):
- Dusty blinds throughout
- Dusty light fixtures (especially wagon wheel hanging light in the kitchen)
- Filthy baseboards
- Filthy white trash can with black mold on the back porch
- Many light fixtures were broken or missing bulbs
3. Dirty and unkempt outside, too
- Plants growing out of the gutters
- Spider webs cover many outside railings
- Hot tub has only one working jet
- Chairs that weren't covered (under porch) too dirty to sit in
4. Lacking privacy
- Two bedrooms without doors
- Bathroom has a widow that overlooks a bed in one of the bedrooms (not good if you want privacy from other people you're traveling with)
5. REALLY wish we'd known
- NO way for us to reach anyone, and NO way for anyone to reach us (didn't expect cell service or wifi, but not having a landline -- especially when a landline is listed -- is a potential deal killer. We were traveling with children and elderly parents and would've been in serious trouble if there was a real emergency).
6. Most disappointing: management or owners don't seem to believe us, or care.
STAY AWAY. Rent from someone who takes pride in their home and will make you feel like a welcome guest, not a problem.
|How helpful were the directions to the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
I hesitate to give them even one star. This cabin was filthy. There's an inch of dust on everything - blinds, curtain rods, light fixtures - and the floors haven't been mopped in ages. Our feet turned black just walking on the floors. Broken light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. No cell service, no wifi and the land line doesn't work. My parents are senior citizens and I was desperately trying to reach them via the land line number that was given at check in but the phone was broken. There's also a bedroom with a window into the bathroom. Yes, you read that right. Each time I laid down on my pillow, I hit my head on the window sill that's attached to the window into the bathroom. After the third time, it became quite humorous. The TV in that bedroom doesn't work. Also, I happened to open the closet in the twin bedroom where my son was sleeping, and found a pile of the owner's personal belongings just thrown in there, stuffed so full that the door would only open half way. Among the pile of stuff was one sock that was making it's way into the room. The entire experience was so weird.
My husband and I stopped by the rental office and explained our concerns. With each concern, their reply was, "all of that is up to the owners" and seemed to think that asking the cleaning company to dust the blinds and light fixtures is considered a "deep cleaning." They had no concern that the phone didn't work (what about an emergency?) - again, having a phone is up to the owners.
Do not do business with them! Run very, very fast!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|