“Really Enjoyed This "Ghost" Tour”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Ridge Ghost Tour
Ranked #10 of 14 Tours in Blue Ridge
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Come on guys!! This is beautiful Blue Ridge, GA, not New Orlean, LA. What were you expecting? I read these reviews and went anyway. I'm glad I did. We met with the very pleasant tour owner, Kim, at the pavillion at the railroad tracks and she handed us over to Tina, who was sooo nice and helpful. Several people had made reservations for the tour but myself and a friend were the only ones who showed up. It was all the better to me. Granted, Blue Ridge is a little town and does not have lots of ghosts or haunted places but it has lots of history. That is the part I like most of all. Tina told us so much about the founding and settlement of Blue Ridge and about each building we passed. She told us the ghost stories but sensed that we just wanted to know all about this attractive, friendly town and its origin. The tour was supposed to be and hour and a half but Tina graciously answered all our many questions and we kept her out about an hour longer than she had planned. She gave us so much good information about how to navigate the Ellijay Apple Festival to avoid the crowds and the best things to do in the area. Thanks to her great advice, we had a wonderful trip with no problems. My only regret is that I forgot to tip her for the great tour and the extra time she spent with us. Do this tour if you enjoy delightful local history with a touch of the supernatural.

11  Thank sweetshrub
There are newer reviews for Blue Ridge Ghost Tour

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have been on several ghost walks. I mostly go to get the eeire history of the places I visit. This was, by far, the worst ghost walk I have ever been on. Very little history. The hauntings were vague, i.e. "lights flickering, papers being shuffled." This happens all the time at my house and my house isn't haunted. The tour guide readily admitted that she is not an historian or psychic. I realize that this is for entertainment purposes only, but it wasn't at all entertaining. Even my children thought it was "lame." Please, please, please save your money. I can't believe that I wasted an hour and a half of my time and paid over $100 to do so.

11  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This was a real waste of money & time!! Our tour guide took us for the tour and gave us information about her personal life...where she & her husband have their insurance, when she & her husband got married, when her son was born....this was not a ghost walk...it was just a way to make a quick buck!!! Dont do it!!!

8  Thank children31
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Joined the Blue Ridge Ghost Tour for a walking tour of downtown Blue Ridge on Friday, Oct. 15. This is a new venture in Blue Ridge and both the owner, Kim, and tour guide, Cathy, led our group. The walk lasted a little more than 1 1/2 hours. The stories were interesting and both Kim and Cathy gave us background information regarding the historical accuracy of the ghost stories and "mythical creatures." I'm sure with practice the tour will move along more smoothly and the guides won't have to depend on their notecards. The earnestness of the guides contributed to the "scary" factor and toward the end of the tour we were sufficiently creeped out!! Highly recommend!

7  Thank GigiATL