“Gem Mining”

The Lilly Pad Village
Ranked #2 of 9 Fun & Games in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for things to do in Blue Ridge? Fun activities for the entire family - come and spend an amazing day, gem mine, play mini golf, fish on our 1/3 acre pond or simply browse our gift shop or relax on our deck. Discount packages are available. We also offer guided hiking! Enjoy a custom designed hiking experience.Our Gem Mining Flumes are covered - gem mine away even when it is raining.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gem Mining”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

While vacationing in Blue Ridge our 2 daughters wanted to go Gem Mining. The staff at The Lilly Pad was friendly and our girls had a great time sifting through the dirt.

Visited July 2014
Gezacsuros, Owner at The Lilly Pad Village, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Out T-Shirts say 'I Dig Dirt'. We also 'dig' having some great people visit us here at the Lilly Pad, you and your family being one of those families of course :-)

Thank you for the GREAT review; thank you for spending your vacation in beautiful Blue Ridge and last but not least thank you for not only making the Lilly Pad one of your destinations but also taking the time to write about us. It was a pleasure having you and your daughters here - I am glad that our hard work payed off, and you had a great time.

See you next year.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“LOVED THE GEM MINING”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had so much fun gem miming. The owners were so nice and funny. We got some pretty big gems. The owner said he dug the dirt from the mountains but bought the gems from all over the world. Will come back for more gems!!!!
Colors were wonderful.

Gezacsuros, Owner at The Lilly Pad Village, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your awesome review! Our biggest challenge to make everyone feel welcome and happy to visit the Lilly Pad. Reviews like yours are a measure of how well we are able to achieve this goal. We look forward to seeing again soon.
west palm beach, fl
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our second visit to The Lily Pad. This time we did gem mining and fishing. The staff was very helpful to my two boys (ages 8 and 6) for gem mining. The kids had a blast searching for little "treasures" in the dirt. Fishing was fun also. Both boys caught fish. We even had an ice cream break in between and the staff was great helping my daughter (4 yrs) pick out a popsicle since she is allergic to dairy. We cannot say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We will return on our visit next summer.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words about the Lilly Pad Village. It was great having you the first time, the second time and hopefully for many years to come. It simply makes me smile when I read reviews like yours - just a proof that our efforts go noticed. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“OK”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It is a small business that is expensive. We only did the golf which is very small. $7.95 for kids and $8.95 for adults. Note: the price is a all day price. There is only nine holes so it gets boring. If you hit the ball to hard, it will go over the edge on some holes because it is a mountain setting. If you lose you ball they will charge you. It may only be a dollar but they add up if a small kid hits it too hard alot.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CorieLawson
Gezacsuros, Owner at The Lilly Pad Village, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for the review, and thanks for visiting us. I am sorry you did not have as much fun as the other visitors, and certainly hope that next time you will also try our award-winning gem mining.

Just a few points that I would like to correct in your review, if I may. Our mini golf prices are $7.95 and $6.95 respectively. In addition, we have NEVER asked customers to pay for 'lost' balls.

The fact is our mini golf is built in a hiking, mountain environment and was built without one single live tree taken out. Hence, the course is challenging and unusual. It is shaded and cool in the summer where most are not, and playable even in a slight rain due to tree canopies. Sounds of nature along the runs are also very unique with the over eight species of frogs, hundreds of birds, squirrels etc. Therefore, if you listen and watch, it is anything but boring. Nonetheless, it is not for everyone.

I do thank you again for taking the time to review the Lilly Pad Village, and for visiting our business. Please come back again soon, and we shall make it a priority to try to make your stay more pleasurable and have your next review join the many five star reviews we receive.
Seminole, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“GEMS!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Traveled here in June, in the morning time, on a Tuesday, to be greeted by the owner who gave us all the information necessary on the activities they had, the prices (very reasonable) and our options. When we arrived it was not busy. We first went with the gem mining, which I have to say was very FUN!!! We all (4 of us) ordered the 2 gallon bucket and we had a blast working the dirt to find our treasures. Miss June was very knowledgeable in the types of stones we found in our buckets and gave us not only the descriptions but what they are used for. We all found up to a sandwich baggie full of stones. I have to say upon reading the reviews on this place, they were not "placed" for us to find. We really had to sort through it all, with some of it breaking up the dirt. All in all, my find that I was happy with, were two huge garnets!!! I would say total time, we were mining for about 45 minutes. Then we tried out the fish pond, using worms, (too meaty and too moving for my taste). We all caught one or more fish in the stocked pond and by this time, people started arriving to do either the mini golf or gem mining. So I was glad we got there early. It was a very cute and fun place to visit and a Thank You to June for taking the time to sort out our rocks, give the history on all of them, and answering my every question as to what I had uncovered!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Denise T
Thank you guys for this AWESOME review. I can judge by the tone of your comments that you did have a great time, and that is what we aim for. Reading reviews like yours make our efforts really worth while.

I shall make it a point to have June read your review - I am sure she will be pleased that she was able to make your stay even more memorable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. We like to see customers - friends - return year after year; we love to see kids change and grow over the years - feel like the grandparents who have hundreds of grand kids they see about once a year :-)

Thanks again and have a great year - until you return again.