“Friendly, fast and fantastic”
Review of Joe's BBQ

Joe's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Downtown Blue Ridge, across the street from Charlie Edmondson State Farm Insurance
Reviewed 18 July 2014

You know it's going to be good when the staff are all smiling and friendly but when the owner it the host then it must be special. He seated us and asked how we found them. Our conversation continued on and off during our dining experience. My husband and I had Brunswick stew and the other couple shared a BBQ chicken plate. It was all wonderful. We'll definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My family show up before 7pm on a Thursday and we are turned away by the staff. Disappointed because we went out of our way to stop there.

Joe R, Owner at Joe's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your review ! As noted on our website .... "We attempt to cook our food to serve at its freshest stage ... Because of this, we may run out of certain meats and other items prior to closing time and therefore, may close early". I am sorry that you came late on a day that we sold out early.
Again, thanks for your review and I hope you will come back again.
Joe

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I took a leisurely drive into the North Georgia Mountains to see what all the fuss was about. We heard that Joe's BBQ was voted one of the 10 best BBQ joints in America. Guess what? They were right. Delicious pulled pork and the Brunswick Stew outstanding as well as the coleslaw and potato salad. Yummy!

1  Thank DawsonDoll
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you're looking for a great place to eat barbecue go to Joes. The pulled chicken and pork were excellent! Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meal. The only reason I didn't give it a five star is because there was very limited seating inside.

1  Thank coltnole
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I knew the second we sat down and were greeted by Joe himself that we were in for a treat. My husband ordered 1/2 rack of ribs with slaw and beans. I had the sampler with mac & cheese and slaw. Everything was excellent. With family in Alabama I have had my fair share of Alabama white sauce. I must say Joes is the best I have ever had. I wanted to take the bottle home with me. The waitresses were super friendly and made you feel right at home. We will definitely be back soon!