“True to the name”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Southern Charm

Southern Charm
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Florida
“True to the name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Southern Charm was recommended to us by a local resident. Craving real southern fried chicken, we decided to give it a try on our last night in Blue Ridge. Since we had a large party on a Friday night, 14 of us, we expected a wait but it was not exceptionally long. The restaurant has a "charm" about it with different size rooms. Once we were seated and drink orders taken, we were served homemade biscuits with apple butter that were a hit with everyone in our group including the children. Even without the apple butter they were fabulous. My brother in law raved about them so much that our server handed him a container of them as we left. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and my fried chicken was the best I have eaten. The service was down home southern friendly. Our only regret was that we did not find this gem earlier on our vacation. Will definitely dine there again when visiting Blue Ridge.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank FLPappy

Fort Lauderdale
“Very happy we went”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Four of us ate dinner here last Friday night and everyone was very satisfied with their dinner. I personally had the fried catfish with collards and a side salad with blue cheese dressing. Everything was very good. I think the catfish were coated in a corn breading? The collards were fresh and not overly salty or spicy like I've found them in many other places, and the salad was very good. Others in the party got the meatloaf, chicken pot pie, and the grilled chicken panini.
The biscuits with their apple butter were also delicious. The prices are very reasonable too. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank my10cents4u
“Um, not so much.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Just OK for the rest of my party, not that good for me. Probably won't go back. Maybe it was just a bad night or I ordered the wrong thing? But no, not for me. Too many other good places around.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Bloomingdale656
Rome, Georgia
“Good Country Eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place was listed as a down home country style restaurant and we weren't disappointed. My siblings and I were here for a few days relaxation in the mountains of North Georgia and we always look for the local eating spots. Friday night eating has to be an early affair or you get left out, so we were in at 5:00pm. The featured meals were AYCE Catfish and Popcorn Shrimp and a Prime Rib. Believe it or not, 2 of us got the Catfish, 2 got the Prime Rib, and 2 got the Rib Eye. Can't say enough about the good service, food was very good, and the price was down to earth. Will definitely come back here. Since I live within 75 miles, It will make a good day outing for us.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Aubie512
Illinois, United States
“True Southern Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

They allowed us to sit out on the screened in porch area which was absolutely "charming". The food was definitely "southern" and delicious. The apple butter was amazing with the biscuits. Awesome chicken. If we ever head that way again...we will be stopping!

• Visited June 2014