“Good, but not exceptional”

Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Blue Ridge B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good, but not exceptional”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a nice to play to stay. it is very convenient to all the activities in downtown Blue Ridge. We had the Grand Room which was large, clean, and comfortable. It was nice having our own balcony and private entrance. Downside to the room we had was that it was very light outside and no way to block out light coming in through the top of the door at night. Cecilia was very friendly and helpful. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. Of all the B&B's we have ever stayed in, it was the least imaginative. Scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage is pretty basic fare.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan S
Dena M, Innkeeper at Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review and the very helpful feedback. We work very hard to make your vacation the best that it can be, so we do pay attention to guests' feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

The owners are in the process of looking for a tasteful curtain that can be put over the transom to block out some of the light from the parking lot. We've had a few comments about that light and do intent to get that remedied.

While you were here, we served sausage & hashbrown casserole with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon on Saturday. And on Sunday, we fixed homemade biscuits and gravy with a side of eggs and tomato. This was in addition to fresh, homemade fruit muffins and a bowl of fruit. We don't claim to be gourmet, but we make sure to serve a different breakfast every morning and we are always open for suggestions from our guests as to what they feel like having in the morning.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Amiricuss
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in many B and B's and this one was exceptional. It has a great location for shopping dining out and getting a cold beer. There are many shops within walking distance and great attractions near by. This is my second time here this summer and I have the whole house to myself. I have stayed in the sports room both times but toured the entire house there are some great rooms here. The house is clean and staff are very helpful I love talking to Cecilia and Dina when I call to make my reservations. I don't normally do breakfast due to my work usually starts around 7:00 am so I gone before anyone else ever wakes. The weather is great here summer and spring not to hot or cold. This little Inn should be on your list to visit and stay in if you're even close to this area and maybe we will meet one day.

Room Tip: Any room except the sports room that's where I will be :) all look great so your choice should b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Royce B
atlanta
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This quaint eight room B&B is easily walkable to downtown Blue Ridge. It is exceptionally clean, and Cecilia, the innkeeper, is very energetic and friendly. Included was a simple breakfast of coffee, orange juice, fresh fruit cup, muffin, bacon and scrambled eggs. Not to sound harsh, but I can make bacon and eggs at home, so I expected something a little more upscale, like homemade waffles topped with fresh seasonal fruit, quiche or a soufflé or French toast. You may want to compare the value of this B&B weekday rate of $130 ($156.80 including taxes) to the Comfort Inn, located a 5 minute drive away, with a weekday rate of $89.10+, and includes a buffet breakfast. We opted this time for easy, convenient and being able to walk to all the shops and restaurants. I gave this B&B a 4 star rating simply because of cleanliness and generous room size. I docked for lack of amenities. I was already in the shower when I noticed there was no shampoo; although shampoo, rinse, hair blower and ironing board items are available upon request. I also didn’t like the plastic mattress cover which is crunchy and noisy. Alternatively, the Comfort Inn saves you $40+ per night, has toiletries readily available and offers a generous buffet. (Disclosure: We have not stayed at this Comfort Inn.) We enjoyed our stay at The Blue Ridge Inn, but from a value perspective it will need to really step up its game and be something more special for me to stay there again. For example, every B&B needs to have outstanding coffee, which Blue Ridge Inn did not. Why not associate and promote a local coffee roaster and serve really great signature coffee. Note: Downtown Blue Ridge has a lot of free parking areas available.

Room Tip: The Rose Room is a larger, convenient room with ground floor location and had some minor street nois...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ladolcevitaAtlanta
annapolis md
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here 3 nights to celebrate my mom's 95th. Cecilia and Dena were so friendly and nice- made you feel at home. There were 8 of us, and everyone enjoyed everything about the inn. My husband and I stayed in the grand suite which worked really well for group gatherings: 2 porches, full kitchen with table and counter area, and a large, comfortable living room area. Plus, our bedroom and bathroom were really big and comfortable. AND- their breakfast is outstanding!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Golf2121
Dena M, Innkeeper at Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We appreciate your kind review and we enjoyed your family's visit immensely. Your mother was so sweet - we even asked your sister if we could adopt her! It was a pleasure to see how loving your entire family is and how much you all adore your mother. I hope you are able to come back to celebrate her future birthdays. I'll make sure she get's the most beautiful flowers in town.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My fiancé and I just returned from our second stay at Blue Ridge Inn Bed and Breakfast. It was as wonderful as the first time two years ago. Once again, we chose the 'sports room' which was great! (it is beside the 'cabin room' which another reviewer didn't like...something about the smell of cat urine...not sure if she had somehow encountered a cat at an earlier place, there was absolutely no smell of it anywhere...I even went into that room to see if there was). The smell of bacon cooking and hot moist muffins were the only smells I detected in the mornings...otherwise, no odors to speak of. We love staying at bed and breakfasts when we travel and this lives up to or exceeds other places we've stayed. We will definitely stay again...hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prissyteacher
Thank you for your perfect review and high recommendation. It was a pleasure to welcome you both back again. It's very gratifying to hear that we have exceeded someone's expectations as we work very hard to do just that!
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Cecilia and Dena are AWESOME hosts. We stayed overnight and everything about the stay was wonderful. Then there was the breakfast, it was superb. We really felt at home. We stayed in the Garden Room, was very cozy and peaceful. We will stay again. We can't wait to get back there.

-Tony & Brenda Baugh
Decatur, Ga.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony B
You two were such a pleasure to have in our Inn. Mrs Brenda is jsut bursting with enthusiasm and we loved talking fishing with Mr Tony. I hope you two make it back up to see us very soon. Stay a little longer, plan a guided fishing trip and take a little more time to relax. Until then...
Sharpsnurg
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight here. The owners were great!! The breakfast was AWESOME!!! Nice size rooms with bathrooms in each. Very comfortable. Open rooms just to sit and relax and socialize. A MUST stay!! Very helpful, friendly folks!! We will be going again!!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jackssailor
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our Inn and sincerely hope you return soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Best Western Mountain View Inn
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!