“Food was very nice”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Restaurant had simply home cooked offers and the food was very well prepared. Prices were very affordable

1  Thank Vicky E

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great food and staff. The variety of food choices was awesome the flavor of the food was perfect I would drive an hour or so to eat at this restaurant.

2  Thank ssn42x2
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a Saturday morning, before boarding the train in Blue Ridge, my family and I wanted to grab breakfast at a local place. After a quick GPS search we found the Village Restaurant a scant mile away from the train station.
Upon entering the establishment, we were immediately greeted by a friendly person who explained to my 5-year old that she "had been cooking all morning" and had "picked fresh strawberries". She then asked me if I knew the way it worked at the restaurant. After responding that we were visiting, she explained that breakfast was a self-service buffet and customers paid at the end of the buffet line; but we could order from the menu if we preferred. With only 45 minutes until our train, we elected the buffet.
On review of the buffet selection, I noticed the scrambled eggs were undercooked and had remained on the line a bit too long (from the crust on the surface). While refreshing to see fried Spam, biscuits, and sausage gravy on the line, I was disappointed to see the strawberries were not freshly-picked and the other fruit selections from a can. At the end of the line, we were asked our beverage selection; we chose coffee and water for my wife and I and had to buy a sweetened juice drink from the cooler adjacent to the cashier for my daughter as no orange or apple juice selection was available. The coffee was probably fresh three hours earlier; but certainly not at the time of our consumption. Price-wise, I found the $7.95 x 3 a bit excessive for the quality and quantity of food on the line. To ensure I gave a proper review, I looked for an "all-you-can-eat" sign just to ensure that our single serve would be countered at some point by others with bigger appetites; I did not note one anywhere in the establishment.
Food-wise, I found nothing memorable about the fried Spam, sausage links, or eggs. The biscuit I selected tasted wholly of flour, as did the gravy on top--to the point of being inedible, even with copious hot sauce. In fairness, the strawberries were still firm and I expect probably came from a local supermarket a day or two prior.
In summary, if you are visiting this gorgeous region of Georgia, I recommend dining at the local iHop or Waffle House. The Village was surely a disappointment.

5  Thank Rick O
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We came here for lunch on a Sunday while we were staying at a cabin in Mineral Bluff. It was a cute little southern style restaurant and I loved the fact that it was a buffet that wasn't a chain (we don't have many of those in Northwest Florida). My husband and I both thought the fried chicken lacked a little flavor, but we were huge fans of all the sides. I especially loved the cream corn and a spinach/cheese side. There was also a small salad bar (ranch dressing was excellent) and a dessert bar which was delicious as well. Come here for a good southern style meal!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We come here for the breakfast bar. You can count on your basic Southern breakfast staples here: bacon, grits, very big "cathead" biscuits. All staff were also very friendly.

1  Thank Angela Faye D