“We loved it enough to want to go back.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Blue Ridge
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Visiting Blue Ridge is a great weekend or vacation and especially great when there is the Comfort Inn to stay. Blue Ridge has great resturants and shops to visit. The train rides are a thing to take. The view from the rooms overlooking the mountain scenes is fantastic. The staff were very welcoming and the room was first class. It was very nice to get up in the morning and share the Comfort Inn breakfast with other guest.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room with view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MrBob1956
ComfortInn_BlueRidge, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Thank you for the review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Reviewed 8 April 2011

We just returned from a 2 day stay in Blue Ridge. We picked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews, and we were very pleased. We had a 2 king bed room with microwave and fridge. The room was very clean and spacious. There was more than enough room for all of us (2 adults and 2 kids) to spread out and relax. We were very happy with the free breakfast provided by the hotel. The breakfast room attendant was always in the room keeping things stocked and clean. They didn't offer any breakfast meats, but you had your choice of bagels, breads, doughnuts, muffins, waffles, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, biscuits (including white gravy) and beverages. It was definitely more than enough to get your day started. They even let us check in around noon even though check isn't until 3pm. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Blue Ridge.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDurhams

I appreciate you sharing your great experience at our hotel with others. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your business. Come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Over the holidays, we drove through a blizzard into Blue Ridge, GA expecting to stay at a mountainside cabin with our daughters (ages five and three) and all four grandparents. We had picked the wrong week. Because of the considerable snow in the area, most of the roads leading to the cabins were either snowed in, or iced over, and impassable. We contacted the great folks at the Comfort Inn Suites and, thanks to our early arrival that day, managed to snag three very spacious rooms. The rooms were very clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. But, the real story was the incredible service the Inn's staff and owners provided during a very hectic time.

The weather which affected our family also impacted countless other ones, leaving them snowed out of their cabins as well. This meant that the Inn was, at least, at full capacity, if not over. Throughout that day, as families came in, I witnessed the staff doing all they could to ensure that these folks had a warm place to stay. That same snow also snowed in some of the Inn's staff at their own homes, off-site. This essentially left a skeleton crew tending to the needs of a very packed Inn. All I can say is that they were exemplary, top to bottom. During our stay, which extended to five nights, our rooms were well kept. On one morning, a couple of the owner's friends had come in to lend a hand with the free breakfast the Inn provides. Due to the circumstances, it would have been easy to justify not serving breakfast, and yet breakfast was served with a smile.

Honestly, I don't think I can convey how pleased I was with the Inn and the service we received. On occasion, I have received poor service under much better circumstances. This says a lot about the commitment of the ownership and staff at this Inn. They were awesome!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

What an experience we had together. Thank you for being so wonderful as everyone pitched in to do their part and we were like one big happy family all snowed in together. Come back and visit us this summer and you'll be sure to escape the snow storm.. <smile>

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Our stay was to be on a Friday evening. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to change our plans. We called THURSDAY at about 5:00 pm to cancel. We were told the cut off was 4:00 pm and we were charged the ENTIRE amount of the room stay of $80.00. So we called the day before, not even the day of, and to be charged the entire amount, I would not have even minded a $ 25 fee or whatever. The next time I or any of my friends or family are heading to blue ridge, I will suggest a different hotel or cabin rental, there are some really nice inexpensive cabins to rent.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FireSleuth

I'm sorry about your cancellation. We try to make sure all guests are aware of the policy at the time of the reservation just to ensure that you can cancel within the given time if needed. In order to be able to rent that room to another guests we must have prior notice and appreciate the courtesy of guests following the respect for our policy and cancelling withing the policy deadline. There would have been no penalties if you would have cancelled as set forth at the time of your reservation. Please come visit us again as I think you will love our accommodations.

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Blue Ridge is a beautiful place and the hotel is centrally located. The appearance of the hotel and rooms are pleasing. The staff is friendly, but lack enpowerment or training to deal with anything beyond a forgottoned razor.

There was a block on my phone and I could not receive inbound calls...problematic when I forgot my charger and my cell phone was dead. The room phones would not allow me to dial an 866 toll free number to use a calling card. The staff could not, or would not, adjust my rate for the serious inconvenience, but said the hotel owner would contact me--he never did nor did my rate change.

For what you pay, I would expect a little better breakfast. When I ask about yogurt, the gentleman tells me, "the truck didn't make it in". The only problem is that I've stayed here 5 times on business and he doesn't recognize me and doesn't remember that he's told me that line several times before. Just bring you own yogurt, and for matter, your own breakfast.

If you stay here, have 0 expectations and you might be ok, it is a beautiful area. Bottom line: poorly managed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank BusinessTraveler6

I'm sorry you were not completely satisfied with our accommodations. Please give us another try. Unfortunately, circumstances do happen from time to time in that a truck may not deliver on time or some unforseen circumstance may arise. We do the vest best to accmmodate each guests and provide the required breakfast items standard in the Comfort Inn brand hotels. Again, my apologies that it was not up to your expectations.

Reviewed 15 January 2011

Great location with a beautiful view. I stayed this time for leisure but I also stay for business every time I am close to this location. The staff is always helpful and kind. I always feel at home when I stay at this hotel. I stay over 120 nights a year in hotel rooms covering five states and wish most of the hotels were like this Comfort Inn and Suites. I love this hotel and Blue Ridge. No reason to look anywhere else because you will love this place.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

We took our family of 17 to Blue Ridge to ride the Santa train and spent the night at the Comfort Inn & Suites. It was a delightful stay. The rooms were suited to each family, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff very helpful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Comfort Inn & Suites East Ellijay

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge? Share your experiences!