“Incompetent”

Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked two nights here through Expedia, for my birthday. Two days before we were due to go up there, I get a phone call to confirm my 1 night stay. When I informed them that we had booked and paid for 2 nights, they said they would call me back - sure enough we were only booked in for the 1 night - human error they called it - and of course our room was booked for someone else (no doubt much more important than us) for the second night. Their solution, well there might be a cancellation and if not we will try and book a room somewhere else (on a Saturday, at the last minute). Just not good enough. Needless to say, we cancelled the whole trip and intend to have a great weekend somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank holtspa
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Incompetent seems a little harsh in this human flawed world. Mistakes are always human error. Even a machine’s mistakes are programmed by a human. I know of no one who makes mistakes intentionally. I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet this gentleman as it would have been my first encounter with a perfect man. With the internet, people feel empowered with the ability to chastise anonymously with half truths without having to prove anything they say. Businesses, myself included, are afraid to stand up for themselves even when they are right fearing an internet smack-down. The gentleman was correct on one thing, we did make a human mistake in booking his reservation and admitted that fact to him. It is ridiculous that he would suggest one guest is more important than another. That would have to be his insecurity. He did however succeed in totally insulting my integrity and the integrity of my employees. We don’t play those games. Each and every guest is a valued and important guest. Most people would have given us the opportunity to try and make up for our error but he refused our apology and the offer to pay for accommodations else where if there were not a cancellation. The word try was not used. We would have spared no expense to accommodate him and prove that our southern hospitality is alive and well. And Guess what? We had a cancellation! So had he just shown some patience things would have been wonderful for all parties involved. I again apologize to this gentleman and his wife for disappointing them with our human failures. If I wake up in the morning the only thing I know for fact is that myself or someone else at Serenity will make a mistake. But guess what? We’ll just keep on trying our best to please each guest that will allow us that opportunity.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

So, we stayed at Serenity this past weekend in a one bedroom suit. I decided to read the reviews just to see what others thought of the place. It just amazes me how negative people can be. Nowhere in any info I have read put out by Serenity does it give the impression of a nestled in the mountains resort. So what the problem is with people complaining about the location is truely there own ignorance in not getting their facts straight before traveling.
Now that I have vented, my family and I travel quite often and have stayed in some awesome and amazing places. That being said, I was beyond pleased with our accomodations at Serenity. The suit we stayed was huge, did I express that correctly, HUGE! Gorgeous in decor, comfy furnishing, luxury linens, awesome bathroom, full kitchen with all appliances and cooking gear necessary for a long stay, big screen tvs in living room and bedroom, coffee in room, and I could go on and on. And this past year they have added gorgeous landscaping outside with barbeque grills, fire places, a swing, comfy chairs, flowers, the works! Maybe those grumpy people who didn't like the view should come back again, the view now is of these wonderful outdoor area, so perhaps they will get their knickers untwisted.
And by the way, I like the gas station just in front of us. We had a late night craving for some snacks and walked around to the station to be pleasantly surprised with fresh boiled peanuts!!!!
Thank you Serenity for providing us with a wonderful stay!
Oh, and by they way, no noise was heard in our suit - no traffic and no noise from the neighboring suites, and the place was full. Perhaps those with extra sensitive ears should travel with some earplugs in their bags.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SKH8793
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here in a suite for two nights while passing through this area. We were quite surprised that our room overlooked the main road and was only a few blocks from the main road. There was lots of road noise when sitting our porch. Our room also overlooked an Exxon station. We were expecting to be staying high in the mountains away from everything. I guess we had our expectations too high. Our suite was very nice, very clean, and quite large. There were two bedrooms in our suite and each room had its own large bath and shower. The kitchen was large and contained every amenity one needs such as stove, microwave, refrigerator, plates, glasses, utensils, etc. Each room has it's own television and there was also a large television in the front sitting area. There was also a fireplace in the front sitting area. There is a small porch. There were plenty of towels and washcloths in each of the baths.

In summary, Serenity in the Mountains Spa and Luxury is located right off Hwy 76/515 behind an Exxon gas station. What it doesn't have in mountain views it makes up for with service and charm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thanks for your review of our property. In their defense, the gas station and highway were here before us. When I started Serenity in 2002 I never dreamed it would become what it is today. As we cannot do anything about the gas station and highway we try our best to make up with our services and the most beautiful suites we can offer. Thank you so much for your comment "what it doesn't have in mountain views it makes up for with service and charm." It really means a lot to us that perhaps we have succeeded in overcoming our surroundings.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at Serenity In the Mountains. Ok I will admit there is no view of the mountains... but I have been to the mountains before and after paying top dollar for the view I would spend 10 minutes a day looking at the mountains.

The moment you check in you know that you are dealing with a classy place. We arrived on Monday and had scheduled our spa treatment on Tuesday. Check in was easy and when we arrived at our room we were amazed at the size of our suite. Large and roomy. In the fridge was a platter of goodies, breakfast items galore, and a bottle of wine. Nice touch.

The full kitchen was nice for making meals and the Ingles store across the street has all you need for a comfortable stay. The king sized bed was comfortable and the robes were so comfy that we bought two before we left.

We arrived at the spa on Tuesday at 9:30am and enjoyed the couples massage, facials, pedicures, and manicures.....ahhhhhhh!!!!! Listen guys, I am not a girly man and I totally enjoyed every part of the day. Score major points with the Mrs. and do this with her.

One suggestion I would give the staff is to explain the process to couples. We didn't know we wouldn't be together for the facials, not that it was a problem but would have been nice to know. The only other thing would be some towel racks in the bathroom. Other than that everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite with the separate tub and shower. The combo shower tub is a bit difficult getting...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeoffMD
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Your suggestions to us about the process for couples is a very valid point. Thank you for that and we will incorporate that in the information we provide to guests during the booking process. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My best friend and I stayed a few days for the Girl Friends' Get Away and we had an awesome time.

The Suite:
The rooms are spacious and the furniture very comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a large bathtub and shower that I didn't want to get out of. We were under the spa so there were some noises in the morning if you are a light sleeper.

The Spa:
The package we got was great. It was a very relaxing day. Kristie, Leslie and Deanne made this experience wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper you may want to ask for a room that is not under the spa.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Serenity to spend time with your best friend. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I desperately needed a night away from the hustle and bustle and a break from the kids. We only had one night, so we had to find somewhere close. Blue Ridge is about an hour away, so that was our target. We wanted a romantic place to stay, but knew a cabin was out of the question due to us staying only one night. I'm so glad we found Serenity! The name says it all. This was the best hotel/condo/lodge type room I have ever seen! We checked in around 3 PM and didn't leave the room again until the next morning. We took advantage of the stocked full kitchen an prepared a meal. In fact the ONLY complaint I had was a lack of any ovenware, so I had to hit the Ingles for a baking pan. Spent plenty of time in front of the TV and fireplace. The bed and bedroom were huge, comfy, and perfect. One more minor issues: we could hear the folks next door at times, so bring some music or earplugs when you sleep and you will be set. The bathroom was even more amazing than the pictures on the website! Hard to believe they built these incredible bathrooms into each suite! Do yourself a favor, and book a night or two at this place. If you have the time and money, you can indulge in the full service spa as well! We didn't, but there is always next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd and Teresa C
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so very much for letting us know about the lack of ovenware. We will check all of our suites to see what is missing and take care of that immediately. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Hoping to see you again soon with a fully stocked kitchen.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A friend planned a weekend spa getaway for 3 of us girlfriends. We booked spa services all afternoon on a Friday, then overnight accommodations in a suite. I can't say enough wonderful things about the quality and professionalism of the facility and the personnel! I don't even know where to begin, it was just an incredible experience. The spa services were all top-notch, the atmosphere was relaxing and comfortable, and the furnishings and decor were all nicely done and in keeping with the mountain theme. Even the smallest details were exquisite - down to the salon shampoos in the showers, the soft and thick towels in the, and the availability of sanitized hair utensils for after your shower. The waiting room was cozy and we were very comfortable bringing our own wine and hors d'oeuvres to enjoy throughout the day.

As if the spa wasn't enough, the overnight accommodations were at least as impressive. We stayed in the 3 bedroom suite, and it was amazing. 3 master suites, each luxuriously appointed with its own large bath, it was just perfect. Even the mattresses and sheets were nice (I own a mattress store so I'm a bed snob).

When you travel a lot, you notice that even in finer hotels there are a few areas where expense is spared. Not so here - I honestly can't think of a single thing that wasn't provided in the highest quality. And the price was very fair. I will definitely return again and again!

Room Tip: The 3BR suite is upstairs (no elevator), I believe the remaining suites are ground level.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JKellyC
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you so much for your incredible review. As we do not have a view and we are located right off the highway we try our best to enhance every feature within the best of our abilities. It is a great reward for us to see ourselves through your eyes. Please let us know when you returen so that we may thank you in person.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!