“Great suite! ”

Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites
Vonore, Tennessee
“Great suite! ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for one night as part of a spa package. The suite was on the lower level of the spa facilities.

The living/dining/kitchen area housed a plush sofa, leather recliner, table with 4 chairs, and desk with a chair. A stone fireplace was the focal point of the room. A large (50-60 inch) plasma tv was mounted on the wall. Cable channels were plentiful. A note indicated DVDs were available in the upstairs lobby.

The kitchen had all dishes needed to cook and serve full meals. Dishes seemed high-end; definitely not mismatched pieces condos often have. Appliances were full-size and impeccably clean.

The bedroom was large. It held a king bed made of logs, two arm chairs, and two different cabinets for clothing. A closet in the room had extra pillows, hangers, iron, ironing board, and two spa robes. The bedroom also had a wall-mounted tv.

The bathroom was massive. The tiled shower and jacuzzi tub were definitely impressive. A door off the bathroom led to a large utility room with full size washer and dryer. Detergent and dryer sheets were or provided.

A tray of chocolate-dipped strawberries, grapes, cheese, and crackers, along with a bottle of wine, was delivered while we were out to dinner. This extra treat was part of our spa package.

Outdoor space and mountain views are limited. Each unit had two chairs in front, but the view is of the parking lot. The owners have installed a tall wooden fence to block the view of the gas station below. They have also included two outdoor fireplace areas with seating. Both were very nice, although it was too hot during my visit to want a fire.

Overall, Suite 22 was perfect for a girls' getaway. It had everything we needed to relax and unwind!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Christie411
Lynda C, Owner at Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites, responded to this review, 15 September 2015
What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for all your kind words. We are just a small town Day Spa with a goal to make your spa experience all about "you". After all, everyone has a chose where they choose to spend their hard earned money. We are so thankful you chose us and we will always work hard for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Windsor, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Pro: GORGEOUS suite!
Con: in a basement
Pro: convenient
Con: not really in the mountains; less than a half block from main road in the city of blue ridge
Pro: bathroom in suite is HUGE and gorgeous
Con: don't forget any toiletries bc they don't have any back ups for you
In summary, this evidently was a spa first with an unused basement. They made a few rooms in the basement and made them very nice. However when the spa closes at five, you better not need anything because the office closes at five also and will not be open until 8am the next morning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ssaholmes
Thank you for your comments although I am somewhat confused. My husband and I are locals, owners and my husband's construction crew built the building. It is on a sloping lot and was built as a three story building. Being on a slope, of course the lower levels backside is against a bank but it is not a basement. Our name Serenity in the Mountains was not an intentional deception to our guests. Blue Ridge, all of Fannin County, and all of North Georgia is in the mountains. As for the toiletries, you certainly don't have to bring anything. All bathrooms have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, bath salts and blow dryer. We do not provide a curling iron or straightener. On Sundays and after 7:00pm, when the spa and office are closed, there is an after hours phone number that rings straight to my cell phone (the owner). I am approximately five minutes away and will take care of any issues you might have. Thank you so much for bringing up these concerns as other guests might think these things but not question them. I appreciate the opportunity to address these issues.
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The facilities were above average. I was very impressed with the service. The room was clean and inviting. All members of the party were treated well. I wasn't sure what to expect in Blue Ridge because it is known for "outdoorsy things"...and when I walked into the room I was pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. All comments are important to us. We take all compliments, suggestions and complaints as a way to improve our operation so as we may better serve our guests.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Climbing the stairs to Unit 32, I was clueless to the charm that awaited me on the other side of the door. A lodge setting exceeding all my expectations. Three bedrooms, three baths, a fully stocked kitchen and living area. Well-appointed furnishings all in upscale lodge style. Honey stained paneling. Shingled rooftops on the outcroppings. Calm, cozy, comfortably serene.

A bottle of wine, a fruit tray overflowing with grapes, cheese, and chocolate covered strawberries, and a selection of breakfast treats from Mercier Orchards including fruit tarts, apple donuts, and an apple cinnamon loaf whispered “Welcome to Blue Ridge. We’re glad you’re here.”

To read my complete review: http://millerest.blogspot.com/2014/07/rejuvenation-reunion-girls-getaway.html

4 Thank Mary S
"Charm", what a wonderful way to review us. We are delighted Serenity was your chose of accommodation in our beautiful mountain town. We are definitely glad you were here and we look forward to you visiting again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have just returned home from a “Girlfriends Getaway” at Serenity in the Mountains. I can honestly say I did not want to leave. The experience started well before we even arrived. When making the reservations, I was asked several questions about our upcoming trip so that the best experience could be provided. Being considerate of our time, I received a call back when all request could be accommodated instead of keeping me on hold. Two days before our arrival, another friendly call just confirming our visit. They were so accommodating with a last minute lunch addition to our day.
Upon arrival the experience got even better. Our suite was magnificent and I am now forever spoiled when I travel. The welcome tray, full of chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, cheese and crackers along with the wine were a great touch. A further look found breakfast items from the local orchard Merciers, along with milk, orange juice and yogurt already in our suite. So nice to not have to go find a place or pick up breakfast. While I thought I would never say this, we had so many chocolate covered strawberries we could not eat them all the 3 days we were there!
The suite was well stocked with anything we possibly could need. One thing about traveling is there never seems to be enough towels when staying in a hotel. Not the case here! We had plenty of everything.
The spa experience will now be the standard I judge future spa trips against. The relaxation room was just the place to get in the mood for the day. The locker rooms were well stocked and you wanted for nothing.
I had the pleasure of having Christy for my massage and facial. She was magnificent and highly recommend her for both! I never wanted to leave! The peach cider offered was another great touch showcasing the area.
Although it was only the second week for Tracy my manicurist, you would have never known if she had not told us when we asked. She made that part of the day fun and upbeat. The ladies were able to give us details of all the services provided and made us want even more!
Although the location is on a busy highway, once you step inside, whether into your suite or the spa, you were transported away from the world. Even though they are upfront about not having a view, as you may want in the mountains, there is no need for apology because you do not miss it at all.
My only suggestion would be that there are bath mats in the bathrooms. Although we had plenty of towels, it would have been nice to have a small mat to step out on. The only other suggestion would be to showcase a local bottle of wine in the welcome package. While I do enjoy California wine that we had, it would have been nice to have a local wine. There are so many local wineries in the area; it would have been nice to try one of their wines. But these two things in no way lessened the wonderful experience we had.
I cannot wait to book my next trip!

3 Thank 27Cathy
Thank you so much for your review and your suggestions. Great idea regarding the local wine, we will definitely check that out. The bath mat is also a great suggestion. Thank you! Thank you! We are always looking for ways to be better and these are terrific ideas.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Luxury suites is an understatement! I wasn't sure what to expect in Blue Ridge because there isn't much going on there...and when I walked into the room I was instantly happy! I was in a 1 bedroom suite which had a nice sized kitchen, big living room with the biggest tv that I've ever seen, and I have a big tv at home:) Then I walked into the next room to a huge closet, big comfy chair and a king sized bed, which by the way was VERY comfortable to sleep in. Next, I walk into the bathroom and I was amazed!!! I have stayed at some high end hotels and resorts and I have NEVER been in a bathroom this large and luxurious! There were 2 sinks, a big counter, HUGE jetted tub and this beautiful (and also huge) shower with a bench seat built into it! The suite instantly makes you feel comfortable and like you are staying in a cabin. It was a wonderful experience and I plan to go back in the very near future.
The check in/out process was quick and easy and the staff and owner are all so sweet and a pleasure to work with!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
This is an amazing review and we feel honored that you took your time to give us this wonderful review. As we are beside a four lane highway and gas station, our intent was to create a wonderful environment inside our suites and spa. With your words I feel we did succeed. Thank you from all of us at Serenity!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having read some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant about staying at Serenity in the Mountains. Upon arriving, the staff greeted my mother and myself with true hospitality. The staff was overly helpful, assisting us in finding restaurants in the area and local attractions. When we got to our room, we were in AWE!!!! The rooms are spectacular with lots of upgrades. After seeing how wonderful the rooms are, we decided to book spa services. With prices affordable for any budget, we did not know what we were in store for. It had to be the best massage, facial, and pedicure of my life. After all of that wonderfulness, the suite was soooooooo comfortable. I got an amazing night's sleep. Thank you Serenity in the Mountains! I recommend this experience to everyone and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for looking past the reviews and deciding for yourself about us. Our goal is to try our best to give everyone an awesome experience. We are so delighted you were pleased. We appreciate your thank you to us but without guests like yourself we would not exist. So thank you!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Serenity in the Mountains Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!