“Very Romantic”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
“Very Romantic”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Looking for "Summer Lovin" or just a friendly getaway? Chateau Elan will deliver all of your expectations and more. I tried the Summer Romance package and I have to say Chateau Elan help make the sparks fly. Upon my arrival chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room. That evening we went to the lounge and listened to live music and had a great time. The next day we took a tour of the winery and did a wine tasting. During the wine tasting we met a wonderful couple from Montreal, and had a great time. That evening we did dinner at the Cafe and the food was amazing. My compliments to the chef. the room was great clean and I loved every minute of it.

Room Tip: Smile it shows the staff that your are happy to be there.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My Mother and I recently had a 'Girls Weekend' August 17, 2012, and decided to visit the newly renovated European Spa at Chateau Elan. Now, we both have been visiting the Spa since it's beginning (1990's?) and have seen it through a few renovations, however, I have to say this is the most improved ever! The guest suites are tremendous, with a real european flair, from the furnishings to the lighting and let's not forget the baths, wow! Whomever made the final selections on the decor has impeccable taste!

The Spa Treatments as always were exceptional, (we had an Antioxidant Winery Facial
& Salt Glow w/ Vichy Shower),the new treatment rooms are warm and inviting. I personally love the new layout, the glass enclosed jacuzzi overlooking the gorgeous lawn and lake, especially the lounge located next to the jacuzzi with the same peaceful view and your pick of a relaxing sofa, chaise lounge or cushy arm chair.

We also enjoyed Afternoon Tea in Fleur de Lis the restaurant located inside the Spa, it has also been newly redecorated and is quite functional for one on one meals or a small group of friends, very private and personable. Oh yes and the scones and tea were tasty as well!

So if you are ever in the North Georgia area, take a few minutes and ride through the property, it's breathtaking. Stay at The Spa, or the Inn, both are grand and will make you forget you are in the States, but across the Pond!

Room Tip: All the Rooms at both The Spa or The Inn are great, The Inn rooms overlooking the new pool area are...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin P
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I recently spent a weekend (no kids!) at Chateau Elan and we are kicking ourselves that we haven't done it before. We a had very quite, comfortable room that included a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival. By choice, we did not bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone with us. We actually read a newspaper together, slept in late, used the walking/hiking trails, and ate all of our meals on site. By the time Sunday afternoon rolled around we were both well fed and well relaxed. The Chateau is geared more for adults than families but they did have a nice pool area and a playground on site. We did not use the Spa so cannot comment on it. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

8 women from my tennis team spent last weekend at the resort and had a great time! They customized a package for us that included tennis instruction with their pro, accomodations at their golf villas and breakfast at Versailles Restaurant each morning. Everything lived up to our expectations...and then some! We ate at several of their restaurants and the food was fantastic. The villas were clean and well appointed. The tennis pro, Wendy bent over backwards to insure we were happy. I would absolutely return for another tennis trip or a weekend getaway with my husband.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
NC
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We just spent 2 nights at Chateau Elan (Aug, 2012) and it was great! See below for notes on the spa.

The updated pool area is georgeous! The pool is large and the whirlpool is very large for a whirlpool. Nice & clean and very well taken care of. We rented a standard delux, and it was beautiful! As a world traveler, light-blocking curtains are a must! And, this resort was all that! We were pool-side, and there was no noise and no light, which was really great!

The bed was really, really comfortable and the linens were SOooo soft and comfortable! We were really impressed w/ this resort.

Everyone of the staff we came in contact with was terrific! From the pro shop to the front desk, it was a really great experience! We will definitely stay there again! Loved it!

About the spa: we had great massages there, but the layout of the spa is disjointed. The whirlpool is no where near the spa pool, and the spa pool is small and seems outdated. The whirlpool is georgeous, but the location is right at the check-in desk, which is weird.

I think they need a bathing suit dryer in the dressing rooms near the showers. Little touches like this make a difference.

It would make a really huge difference if they were to add a whirlpool near the pool, which is located on the ground floor. It's just weird having to go downstairs to get to the pool, and upstairs to the whirlpool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bkaymc
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Spent my 5th wedding anniversary at the Chateau Élan in June. Tour of the winery was wonderful, tour guide was very informative, and taste of the wine itself was fantastic. Must admit...peach was my favorite of the many wonderful wine flavors. The hotel was beautiful. Staff was very helpful, rooms was spotless and the grounds are beautiful. Had dinner at the Irish pub, which was reasonably priced and worth the money. Enjoyed the live music at the pub. Plan to return very soon. Worth the money and 3 hour drive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olivia M
Reviewed 18 August 2012

About a week ago, two of my best friends and myself drove up to Chateau Elan (40 minutes north of Alpharetta, GA), for a girls' getaway weekend. We had a fantastic time! The place is beautiful, grounds are immaculately kept, the hotel is breathtaking, our room was phenomenal. We visited the Spa for a massage, took a brief winemaking tour and sampled a few varieties of wine, dined in 2 of their on-site restaurants, lounged by the pool and enjoyed a couple of yummy, cold beverages. I would definitely recommend Chateau Elan, very nice experience. Staff was extremely helpful, kind and courteous. We felt pampered, spoiled, cared for. Much needed treat for 3 exhausted moms. The one thing I didn't quite care for was the food. It was good, but not exceptional. And that's what you would expect in such an exceptional place. Even the Continental Breakfast, which is typically a very simple thing to do, was just OK. But I would not let the food keep me from going back, this is definitely a place we will visit again. And hopefully, by then, they'll make some adjustments / improvements to their cuisine. All in all, thumbs up to Chateau Elan and his entire staff, first class place! Oh, one suggestion for the wine tasting: I feel it would make it for a better tasting experience if you would provide either different glasses or a pitcher of water to rinse the glass between tastings of reds and whites. Also, the people participating to the tasting got to keep the glass - very nice touch. But it would be even nicer if every one got a clean glass, instead of keeping the one just used to taste the wine. Just my two cents. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share my thoughts.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!