“Moved To Another Property Because of Broken Pipe”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed 16 May 2013

First of all I would like to say I never did stay at this property. I made the reservation back in September 2012 for a King room for myself and a colleague. I received an email from the manager (apparently she was trying to call me on my home phone but never left a message) that I needed to contact her immediately. The pipe broke in the room I was to stay in the next night and she offered to move me and as a "good faith gesture" my colleague to a Holiday Inn Express further away. Why my reservation was chosen among others to be cancelled I will never know. Although the manager did get us a decent rate at the Holiday Inn Express I thought I was getting the first night comped because of the inconvenience. She comped my colleague but not myself (yes, I should have gotten it in writing). Obviously this property has maintenance problems and no, I will never stay at another Country Inn and Suites as they are unreliable.

Room Tip: If you want reliability, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Brittany T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Molokairaceofficial,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. On behalf of our entire team here at the Country Inns & Suites, Braselton we apologize for the concerns you had about your experience. As we talked many times during your travels to this area and emailed each other afterward, we must have come across some communication errors. I was under the impression that we had remedied any issues and I am disappointed to hear that we did not resolve everything to your expectations. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you further. Please feel free to contact me at 770-868-5419.

Kindly,

Kimberly Stratman

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year, and it was a real treat, especially the hot tub and cleanliness.
Everything I reviewed as positive on my last review was disappointing this time.

Most importantly, my husband and I had been looking forward to the strong waterflow hot tub at this property since our last visit. This time, apparently someone had complained about them, because there is NO waterflow in the hot tub now and the knob to turn it on has been removed. It's a shame that someone complained and now the hot tub is not usable by others who enjoy it the way it's meant to be used.

In addition, this time we were given a room on the interstate side and had a very difficult time sleeping. And then, adding insult to injury, when we'd finally gotten to sleep, housekeeping started knocking on the bedroom door at 8:00 a.m. to see if we'd checked out yet. Check-out is not scheduled until noon so I think that was just rude.

We had brought beverages and food with us for our stay and when we opened the refrigerator, it was not cold. We pulled the refrigerator out of the hutch, and it was not plugged in. We plugged it in, turned the knob to full power, and it still would not turn on - COMPLETLY dead. So we had warm beverages the next morning.

In the morning, my husband went to use the coffee pot, and the last guest's used coffee grounds/filter were still in the machine. While that's not the end of the world, it was still unacceptable.

I typically would not complain about these types of issues individually, but since they all happened in one stay, I did speak to the front desk associate on duty. I just wanted to, at least, let them know about the refrigerator so they could replace it before the next guest checked in. She was very sorry for the inconveniences and said they would do their best to replace the refrigerator. For that and all of the issues above, she did offer me a reduced rate, which is not what I had intended. I simply wanted to let them know, especially since we had enjoyed our stay here so much last year.

We still like the hotel and will likely stay again, but it was not as good this time as it was the first time around.

Room Tip: Choose rooms not on the interstate side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLee68
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

TLee68,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal, and it is very disappointing to hear we fell short of this. If you would like to contact me directly we can discuss this and hopefully make it right for your next stay. We strive to have each stay like the first stay you experienced at our hotel.

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here two nights I late April 2013. The hotel is new and the staff is enthusiastic and friendly. Comfortable rooms and a nice free breakfast in the morning. Hotel is located in the boondocks and I don’t know about restaurants and other amenities in the area but my sense is that it is pretty slim pickins for nearby restaurants (we drove into Athens, which has great places to eat and lots going on)

Room Tip: Get a room on the side to the hotel away from the Highway (Iinterstate 95)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

VirginiaRambler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your most recent stay. We are glad you found the hotel enjoyable. The Braselton area is growing and we hope to have more local attractions to offer soon! However, feel free on your next stay to ask the front desk. They can recommended several nice restaurants and things to do within 5 mins of the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Braselton area.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Very nice inside and out. Parking lot is well lit. Room is nice sized, everything is updated and clean. Staff is nice, and breakfast is very good. Easy choice. When we stayed there, there was road construction going on, so the street lights were out (if there are any). It's a small little highway without a whole lot else right there, and easy to miss. But very close to the interstate, and just down the road from Chateau Elan.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

PamnKyle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such wonderful comments! We are glad you had a nice stay. We apologize for the road construction, we wish we had a choice in the matter, but hopefully it will be done soon! We look forward to having you as guests again and feel free to stop by the front desk for local places to go & things to do!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here two nights over Easter weekend, and it was a very comfortable stay. The room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good, southwestern omelets, waffles, and other selections. We will definitely stay at the same hotel in the future when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Jonathan B,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having your family as guests again!

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a weekend horse show at Chateau Élan. The hotel was in a convenient location ( about 1 mile) from the show. When reserving the room, I requested a suite on the side of the motel away from the interstate, due to interstate noise. The front desk employee called me early on check in day to let me know the hotel did not have any "suite" rooms opposite the interstate side, and offered to reserve the next room size down on the requested side. Now, that is GREAT customer service. I have made similar request with other hotels, only to find out my request was not available upon arrival. All the front desk employees were extremely nice and helpful. Check in was fast and effortless.
We went ahead and kept the suite, and the noise wasn't too bad.
Tho one improvement I would suggest, would be to get a few more luggage carts. We were unable to locate one when checking out.

• Stayed: April 2013
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

spongebob_994,

We greatly appreciate the time that you took to leave us such a wonderful review! We are so happy that your experience was pleasant and our guest service was above par :) We have noted your suggestions and hope to approve upon that in the future. The only issue with luggage carts is the location of them, they can't be outside or in the lobby, so that is why we only have two as of now, but hopefully that will change in the future!
We look forward to having you as guests in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff. Jaycee was especially helpful with my telephone reservations. Breakfast options could be better. Enjoyed the "library" area in the lobby which had a nice choice of children's books. The hotel was very convenient to the Carl House in Auburn, GA where our friend's wedding was held.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room on the opposite side of the interstate as you can hear the traffic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Sylvia W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. I will be sure to pass on the wonderful words to Jaycee. The "Read it & Return" library I personally think is one of our best amenities. Its great to have when traveling with children, and you can always take a book with you and return it to the next Country Inn & Suites you stay at!
As far as the breakfast bar it changes daily so I hope the next time you stay with us you will get to try our other options!

Brittany Thomas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
#1 of 2 in Winder
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton? Share your experiences!